Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix - Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Chamonix next week for 5 days skiing. Have only skied once in Les Houches for a day so know very little about the area. Mixed group (some qualified ski instructors, some total beginners).

First up, which ski pass to buy? Is the Chamonix only one enough or is it worth getting the full Mont Blanc Access all areas PASS?

Any recommendations on bars, restaurants, good areas to ski, or just general tips etc all much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
le pass is fine for 5 days unless you're into touring.

everywhere is good or has its plus points depending on the weather and conditions of the day and what you like to ski.

bars, again, it depends what you want, but monkey, B&W, bardup, social (if you like it a bit smarter) the pub are the usual suspects

same applies to restaurants, but monkey is a favourite for bar food, as is mbc (never my favourite though, too busy) or munchie if you want a nice meal out. most of the restaurants in town are good for fondue, raclette etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=135561
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would suggest the Le Pass lift pass for 5 days, just be prepared to get a bus every day in the morning to a different resort as they are'nt all inter connected so it is best advised in my opinion to choose an 'area' for the day and ski there, then move to a different piste the following day. The skiing there however is fantastic!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The full area pass (MBU) is a little more expensive and also covers Les Houches, and now covers St Gervais and Megeve too. The lift company runs a free bus there Weds, Thurs and Fri, online booking, so well worth considering.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Passes - for the good skiers it would be a shame to visit Chamonix and not ski off the top lift at Grands Montets, and for everyone it’s worth a trip up the Aiguille du Midi just for the experience (if you get a clear day), but probably still cheaper to get a 5 day Le Pass and upgrade when you need it.

Ski areas - Brevent/Flegere = most pistes, Grand Montets = most off-piste, Les Houches = most trees, Le Tour = most bus

Bars - Liveliest apres is down by the station - Elevation, Zoo, Chambre Neuf

Restaurants - Rue des Moulins has best density of good restaurants - Chaudron, Munchie, Cap Horn, Pizzeria des Moulins. Reserve ahead Fridays and Saturdays
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Steve77, “Zoo”?

I can see why you might mistake it, but I suspect you mean “Möö”
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Came back for 4 day weekend two weeks ago. We chose to buy day passes due to uncertainty over what would open, but ended up in Les Houches every day. I don't think the difference in cost made it that significant to do anything else, and the Les Houches day pass was cheaper than the Le Pass.

Restaurants - we booked (via email) on a sunday night at the Annapurna indian restaurant. It was great. Good 'traditional' curry familiar to Brits. (Balti, Tikka Massala etc.) - very much recommend it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Richie_S, we are big fans of the Annapurna. It is a really good curry. But rarely recommend it to UK visitors as you get it at home!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy