Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP! Resort Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I see you’re Cardiff.
Balkan holidays fly from Bristol if it helps you any - if you want to go package route
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Poshprop wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Still not booked . Keeping my eyes open for a bargain but if I don't get one that its going to be Bulgaria/Andorra at list price.

If anyone knows of a good site to grab a bargain please share

Still way to early - start checking 10 days before.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
whats your budget?

This year there is some fantastic snow around. How late can you afford to book?

A few years ago myself and 3 mates got a last minute deal to Kaprun. All 3 of them had never ski'd before so a cheap kick off holiday in a resort with decent lifts, skiing and if the skiing wasnt for them, plenty of other stuff to get on with to pass the time till the flight home. The hotel, was nice, clean and tidy and had a sauna which was a bonus. Glacier resort, snow sure with many blues and reds (enough to keep all of us happy) with the added bonus of X runs, pisted off piste if you like.

This was for £425 pp and was transfers, flights and breakfast only.

Some great last minute deals can be had from tour operator that need bums to sit on seats if you like.

On a side note, I've been to Bansko albeit 9 years ago now and ive got to say, id probably never return for many of the reasons listed above. Id sooner work a lot of O/T to have a better holiday than a cheaper one, I value my time away from work so im prepared to pay for it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Poshprop,
im totally biased but if I was taking my wife on her first ever ski trip I would try to get a trip to austria with a discount from tour operator (crystal)seems to have availability atm on offer and reasonable prices if not needing luxury, Reason being we went on her first ski hol with wife then girlfriend on her first ever ski hol and have skied together every year since 43years and without a doubt having been to most of the names in the alps wether france italy switz or austria austria is the total experience, you dont need to go to one of the major places at first others will no doubt disagree but those that enjoy skiing together stay together ive proved ,
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski for fun wrote:
@Poshprop,
im totally biased but if I was taking my wife on her first ever ski trip I would try to get a trip to austria with a discount from tour operator (crystal)seems to have availability atm on offer and reasonable prices if not needing luxury, Reason being we went on her first ski hol with wife then girlfriend on her first ever ski hol and have skied together every year since 43years and without a doubt having been to most of the names in the alps wether france italy switz or austria austria is the total experience, you dont need to go to one of the major places at first others will no doubt disagree but those that enjoy skiing together stay together ive proved ,

Same for us, though not reached 43 years yet!
We really should have gone back to France this year as half term week will be rammed in Austria, but it just doesn't feel the same.
*Other opinions are available*
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all

Thanks for the advice and tips, all welcome.

We did have a holiday booked Serre Chevalier all in (Flights, transfers, Half board, ski hire *2, lift passes *2 and *1 Ski school) for just under £1400. Which was too good to be true and was. Only 1 seat on the plane. So that fell through.
Looking on pretty much a daily basis and trying to work out if I leave it til last min will I still get the a good deal. At the moment got my eye on a holiday in Montgenevre all in for around £1600 which is quite tempting. A bird in the hand and all that.

Would love to go to Austria as that's where I learnt to ski over 35 years ago (Holzgau and Hochpilberg) but no sure even with a good deal it would affordable for my £1700 all in budget.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Poshprop, Montgenevre is a good shout, I think you'd enjoy it there.

However, if you do decide on Bulgaria, have a look at Borovets. I'd advise staying in the Rila if you prefer a better standard of accommodation. I went there on Jan 19th for a long weekend with the girls (inc one non-skier) and we had a fantastic time.

Read my trip report here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=135777
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
First week in March is the last week of French half-term. Having said that, Montgenevre should be relatively quiet, and it is generally queue free, even in half-term.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just be aware that ski lessons (indispensable for a beginner) might be difficult during French school holidays if you leave it till the last minute.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well we've just booked.

And I have totally gone against everything I said I was going to do, where I was going to go and how much I was going to spend! Shocked

We are of to the Grand Paradiso Hotel in Passo Tonale. Which is in Italy not France, Austria, Bulgaria or Andorra. And booked two weeks earlier than was planning to for a bargain, although there was £450 per person off. And is a bit over budget but the hotel looks lovely and its a nice high resort with good snow history and plenty of skiing. But flights are from Bristol which is a good two hours nearer than Gatwick. I could have got Flaine or Morzier for a similar price but the accommodation was below this standard. My wife are very happy with our booking and cant wait to go.

Any advice for Passo Tonale is now welcome.

Thanks everyone for you input/help and advice
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy