Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

European breakdown cover

Poster: A snowHead
Dear collective,

Happy new year to you all!

Looking for some recommendations for a single trip European breakdown cover. Driving to Avoriaz from the UK in Feb for a week. I’ve read some historic threads on this site but just wondered if anyone had some up-to-date advice/recommendations?

Many thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For most of last few years we've had the European Breakdown option as part of our normal policy with LV=, this has been reasonable but (fortunately) we've never needed to make a claim so havent really tested it out.

Previously (2012/13) I had an 'off the internet' from Quotelinedirect and not only was it cheap but when my diesel froze in Tignes the service I got was superb. Call out within the hour, resolved on the spot and nothing to pay, all sorted direct - very impressed.

Then of course the other option is buy a Merc and its free European cover with its Mobilo scheme Toofy Grin

Good luck!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Vehicle Rescue Direct were great for me when I needed the car repatriated - 2013 though. That was when I learned how important it is to have your registration (or a colour copy in my case)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I get my breakdown cover through DAS (comes with the insurance). Good service.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe ask your car insurance company what it would cost extra, especially if you're in the last month or two or three of your policy. Mine did it pro-rata last year.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That’s a good shout
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
startrescue.co.uk
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@billb, yes, that's what I do now with Aviva
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have cover with Eurobreakdown.com and when my car had to be repatriated and my family flown back at the end of the Feb half term week, they were very good and efficient and we were very pleased with the service. For an initial investment of £89, by my calculation we had about £2.5K of benefit from them, and no questions asked once their mechanic had confirmed the car had to be towed.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
startrescue.co.uk as well. Great service in UK, not had to call out in rest of Europe.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowornever wrote:
startrescue.co.uk

Keith_b wrote:
startrescue.co.uk as well. Great service in UK, not had to call out in rest of Europe.

Seconded (or, rather, thirded) Laughing snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My bank account (Nationwide Flexi) has breakdown cover and holiday insurance inc skiing for £13 per month. Has other stuff, phone insurance white goods cover.

All paid out on the travel policy when daughter had panic attack on the lesson she was on and had to be taken down the mountain but haven't used break down cover (touch wood). It also covers my motorbikes, so for me its very good value.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@harrim51, that's the Flexplus account, which we've just switched to. It also pays 3% on balances of up to £2,500.

The ordinary FlexAccount includes European travel insurance (but only if you opened the Flex account prior to September 2016) and you can upgrade to worldwide and ski.
latest report
Used to use EuroRescue until we started buying an extension on the Aviva car insurance.
snow report
I had ADAC cover until a recent repatriation of my car from Italy back to the UK meant i was no longer a desirable customer rolling eyes

I now use https://www.eta.co.uk/ which seems to offer the same level of cover and importantly cover cars over ten yrs old!
ski holidays
adac are no longer taking new customers from outside germany either.
snow report
I wasn't aware of that..but am not suprised as they were not much interested in customer service full stop. Shame as the product is really good value!
ski holidays
We have used the annual AA European Breakdown cover. I think it’s about £120.
If you take your car on summer holiday is quite reasonable.

A few years ago, an Audi rammed into the back of our car 20 minutes after setting off from home on a summer camping and appartment holiday. The car was a write off. You are covered from the moment you leave home, and their response was excellent.

They offered a hire car for the full 3 weeks, but we negotiated with them to pay for 8 days hotel accommodation instead of the camping part. They also paid for new ferry tickets for the following day and we four set off in our 2 door Fiesta...

We have had minor car trouble a couple of times and again the service was brilliant.
snow report
Another for Nationwide flexplus ; just the travel and breakdown insurance makes it worth it
snow report
Again, thanks all for the replies. Very helpful
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy