Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Damm BBC

Poster: A snowHead
there we go BBC at it again, just walked in to watch the video of the wms Downhill and turned on the tv news normally you would get a warning "if you don't want to know the result turn off now" etc. but no first i knew was the result + chemmys placing.....don't even know if i can be bothered to watch it as i know the result.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wish I could watch the downhill skiing even though I know the results. The scheduling does not show any repeat of it or even just the highlights.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anniegirl, i have the video
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anniegirl, Do you have a digibox - I was able to watch the ice skating last night on BBCi even though Holby City was on BBC 1 and 2 cooks on motorbikes were on BBC2... Maybe the womens downhill is on BBCi too...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I do have a digibox but the schedule just shows live events (which is good), but no highlights of the day in the evening(which is bad). However, I decide to work at home this afternoon and dispite what their schedule says I have been able to watch a rerun of the downhill, I think because the nordic combined has been postponed.

I know a colleague was complaining this morning that he got home from work last night and saw the second salom run in the combined and later on they showed it again, but nothing from the first run or the downhill, he just has normal telly.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The whole coverage is cr*p. I was so annoyed, tried to watch the combined last night but couldn't find it anywhere (have all the channels, interactive etc). IIf I wanted to watch WW Smackdown or just aboyut any other rubbish there was no problem.

They bang on about the lack of people interested in this country but how can it be increased if they never show anything?

Nothing to do with winter sports being elitist and the BBC being run by a load of lentil eating lefties I suppose?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry, the common held and mis-placed view that winter sports are elitist!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The BBC Grandstand team are asking for feedback on the their coverage http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbfivelive/F2148577?thread=2266141

Alternatively you can email them direct at winterolympics@bbc.co.uk just remember to copy in Snowheads!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here's my mail just sent to the BBC:

Your interactive coverage is wasted. I've just returned from work hoping to find reruns or decent highlights of the women's downhill (not just the 2 minute edit) & the men's moguls. Instead it seemed a parallel feed of the short-track, curling (yawn) and the 3rd interactive channel not used as usual. Why is this?

Do you really consider a parallel feed has a higher potential audience than evening repeats of the major alpine events?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not quite sure what is the beef here, as have just watched ALL the W downhill on the interactive channel (2) . Followed by the Mens Moguls.

It would be nice to have a timetable of what is going to be shown, when, admittedly...its rather haphazard and luck of the draw to get what you want.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JimW, snap, great to have this facility
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JimW, I think the interactive stuff is good, without digital television the coverage would have been poor
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jim W - Great good for you but I had no way of knowing it was going to be on and when - the Schedule button on interactive produced no such information. Surely the point of digital TV is that they can continually update scheduling but BBCi seems to be deliberately obstructive. I'm not going to sit through 2 hours of curling on the offchance that a repreat of skiing happens

Edit : I've also reviewed the published schedule which appears to devote 3 hours a night to Medal Concert - how about action rather than anthem playing?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very very poor coverage by the Beeb - don't know what I'd do without Eurosport, great coverage, great commentry.
I've totally given up on the BBC for the Winter Olympics.

Konrad Bartelski was on radio 5live with Simon Mayo the other day and they had various nobodies say the Winter Olympics was coverage of a sports we only see every four years done by people we've never heard of. And they wonder why our winter athletes struggle for support.
I did actually text the show to say what great but undercovered entertainment, especially the alpine skiing, actually is. I even mentioned Finlay Mickel, which at least forced them to ask Konrad to explain who he was!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chrisb, slikedges, fatbob,

I have just seen that there is a pdf online on the bbc wesite that someone on here posted a link to earlier... but I've lost ( edit - found again Fenlandskier, on "Grr BBC scheduling..." thread, about 4 posts in) ( pause for breath) that has actually got the complete 16 days interactive schedule on it.

Agree that without it, the mainstream coverage is poor, but with Interactive, plus Eurosport, I'm sanguine.

(I think...)
snow conditions
JimW wrote:
chrisb, slikedges, fatbob,

I have just seen that there is a pdf online on the bbc wesite that someone on here posted a link to earlier... but I've lost ( edit - found again Fenlandskier, on "Grr BBC scheduling..." thread, about 4 posts in) ( pause for breath) that has actually got the complete 16 days interactive schedule on it.

Agree that without it, the mainstream coverage is poor, but with Interactive, plus Eurosport, I'm sanguine.

(I think...)

But the pdf schedule is incomplete and inaccurate - the version I looked at had Medal Concert for 3 hours - what is that? And what's with the parallel feeds - tonight they had ice skating on BBC2 & the same coverage exactly it seemed on 301 or 302?

They really aren't making the most of interactive - can't imagine they'll screw up the World Cup in the same way but I guess they might.
ski holidays
fatbob, off topic but I'm really excited at the prospect of the World Cup in HDTV, so hope they don't screw-up
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy