Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Well done Chemmy!

Poster: A snowHead
On the best UK ladies result ( 11th ) since Grenoble in 1964. Just in case your're reading this!.

A nice pic here chemmy alcott
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah, it was an excellent result. Small mistake near the bottom but otherwise she looked really good. Anybody else see her interview afterwards? She was absolutely buzzing - really cool to see.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good girl...!! And great pic..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
alan empty wrote:
Small mistake near the bottom

bottom looks okay from here

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof, Very Happy

Sorry, my mistake!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice picture of her on the front page of the Indy this morning - and article on page 6 http://sport.independent.co.uk/olympics/article345718.ece
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cathy Coins wrote:
Nice picture of her on the front page of the Indy this morning - and article on page 6 http://sport.independent.co.uk/olympics/article345718.ece

Seems the Indy Journalist, confronted with lycra clad Chemmy couldn't concentrate on the skiing either, what a load of tosh:

Alcott had sportingly ruled out any possibility of romantic entanglement on Valentine's Day. "No boys in my room tonight,"

charming and dizzy outsider

good looks and bubbly personality

I bet Dorfmeister would love those kind of comments.

Is Chemmy the Anna Kournikova of skiing I wonder?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anyone know of any pictures of her modelling body armour Wink Very Happy ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No, but I can think of some interesting pictures of Kari Traa modelling body armour
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof, precisely!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The girl did good, she deserved to be celebrating, and still the other events to come for her.
It was really good to see real emotion in the finish area.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great result for Chemmy - quite weird watching some very well known "faces" finishing well outside her time as well.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davidof wrote:
I seem to recall you saying that Chemmy wasn't a patch on Lindsey Kildow not so long ago! Now Julia Mancuso.... Madeye-Smiley

rolling eyes Now we're doing an Independent rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Seriously though, I really hope this gives Chemmy a real boost - when I interviewed her back in December towards the end I asked her:

So for budding British champions, what do they need to be the future Chemmy Alcott?!

Chemmy: I wouldn’t want anyone to be a future Chemmy Alcott! ........

It didn't strike me straight away, but thinking about it later (and it was an immediate, instinctive response of hers) she was only half-jokingly implying that kids should emulate others, such as Paerson, Kostelic, etc., rather than her. It simply didn't occur to me because to me she's virtually at the top of the game, right up there with the elite, fractions of a second away from standing on an Olympic podium - yet somehow, in a very British way, she was doing herself down.

That's how it seemed to me at the time, anyway.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PG wrote:
davidof wrote:
I seem to recall you saying that Chemmy wasn't a patch on Lindsey Kildow not so long ago! Now Julia Mancuso.... 8-)

You may have done. My point being for some sports women overall performance is less important and overall market friendlyness. Chemmy, Julia etc. while being near the top of their game can bring a lot to their sponsors beyond raw talent...
snow conditions
and all those people who were being derogotary about british skiers in another relatively recent thread should now eat humble pie
snow conditions
dan100, ah yes, didn't someone describe her as "second-rate"?

davidof, With you, yes they are certainly marketable!

snow conditions
dan100,I don't believe anyone has been 'derogatory' to 'British Skiers' on this forum other than a desire to win something. I'm not going to revisit other comments on what constitutes 'second-rate' or the context that they were made - suffice to say it was no more than a desire to 'win'.
PG, davidof, A thought ... if we 'blokies' focus on 'Chemmy's attributes' rather than her undoubted ski-ing talents , are we not contributing to the 'Eddie-factor' described elsewhere? If this happens on a winter-sports forum, can we be really surprised if the media hypes the same ? A serious question (for a change) snowHead

Oh, BTW ... she was brilliant and I hope she can do the same (or even better ) in the other events.
snow conditions
eEvans, quite right, tongue in cheek, hence
Quote:
Very Happy
There were a couple of threads suggesting certain skiers, and Chemmy was mentioned, were 'also-rans', got a little heated if I remember right!
latest report
PG wrote:
eEvans, quite right, tongue in cheek, hence
Quote:
Very Happy
There were a couple of threads suggesting certain skiers, and Chemmy was mentioned, were 'also-rans', got a little heated if I remember right!

Damn , must read more carefully! Apologies to all cogniscenti ... I just hope 'The Sun' doesn't quote selectively Toofy Grin

PS .. Cue follow-up on what constitutes an also - ran Sad
snow conditions
eEvans, no problem! It's hard to follow more than a fraction of what goes on here...

Chemmy is a heroine, period. Won't hear a word against her. (Ok I was completely charmed into gawping admiration during the interview, I admit it Very Happy rolling eyes)
ski holidays
back to the thread,well done to Chemmy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy