Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trysil 2017/18

Poster: A snowHead
Packing -3 days work - off we go.

From Thursday: not much chance of sun - flat light?! - no wind and around -10 - altogether looks ok.👌

Thoose who are there now have the sun it seems. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A whole thread to a season at Trysil? Thats what I needed last year.....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just a few days. Maybe somebody will continue. Madeye-Smiley

Few days will be enough for that area. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Everything's open.

Good season.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hyst wrote:
Just a few days. Maybe somebody will continue. Madeye-Smiley

Few days will be enough for that area. Toofy Grin

Hopefully as we are planning on popping here for a day over half term.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@NickyJ, Sälen, right? Look at Kläppen as well.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hyst wrote:
@NickyJ, Sälen, right? Look at Kläppen as well.

Correct we are staying in Sälen planning a day in Tysil. Thanks will look but Tysil comes in under the ski pass Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
👍
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We're going at Easter, so keep the thread going till then and I'll pick it up at the end of March!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mgrolf, You are much closer to keep it going. Toofy Grin

And the local weather: https://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Hedmark/Trysil/Trysilfjellet_alpinsenter/long.html?spr=eng
This is in the valley, higher up it is much warmer around -1C, Funny place! Confused
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We went in Feb half term, the weather was amazing. Skied x 6 weeks in Norway and never had such good weather. Was sunny all day, with lots of fresh powder.
I love Trysil and Hemsedal
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@warbis66, stop taunting us. Smile I've skied Sweden and Norway 4 times, and I never expect sunny weather (although we have had some sun, to be fair). I just love the whole ambience of Scandi skiing. Love Are and would gladly go back
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@warbis66, Must have been a different Feb half term, we had the top chair lifts closing due to wind and extremely low temps. Physical pain for any exposed skin when at speed.

Hope that makes you feel better @dobby, like you I loved the Scandi skiing thing and would happily go back, although there are so many other places...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Laughing
snow report
having pitstop in Göteborg on the nightbus - I am to old for this kind of traveling.
Tried to wave at @mgrolf, but I guess already sleeping. Madeye-Smiley

Wounder whether I am able to ski in the morning Puzzled .
ski holidays
First day. Weather ok. Today very few people. One can come around the area in one day.
The newer chaitlift Skihytta Express is nice ond makes it easy to come back from Skihytta to högfjellssenteet.
Staying in a huge hut with 40 people.

The snow is ok - a lot for this area, but a bit icy here and there.

Off piste is not realy possible here, but as I am no off piste man no problem for me.
Trysil is a piste skiing and family place.

The number of smal and big huts is enormous.

Those who come in 2 week seem to have new snow and better conditions.

Even though there is only little wind it can be felt in -8c on the top. Skullie
snow conditions
Hyst wrote:
having pitstop in Göteborg on the nightbus - I am to old for this kind of traveling.

I was too old for the night bus a long time ago, you're braver than me. Fingers crossed you have good skiing Smile
ski holidays
I AM to old for that - I new it but went anyway.
A friend temted me. He makes such arrangements for 140 person in the company he works every year.

2 years ago, I went as well and said no more bustrip for me.
After 2 years I had forgotten "no more" Shocked

Yesterday the air was very clear and we could see Lindvallen and Tandådalen in Sälen very nicely.

My daughter had here first skiing in Sälen ages ago. It was a very good place for children to learn skiing.
She was crying desperate when we dumped her in the ski school - but was happy playing in the snow when we picked her up.
After 2 days she wanted to show us around on Trollskoggen. And now she lives in Japan the last 2 years and meet this Agentinian Snowboard instructor - now she on the way to the dark side in many ways. Sad

Anyway Trysil is nice. I like the wastness of the landscape here in the north, reminds me of some places on Hokkaido.

Better get up now and get ready to hit the pits with my old bones. Shocked
latest report

Morning has risen. Very Happy
snow report

ski holidays
@Hyst, looking good.

4 weeks tomorrow Happy
snow report
@Hyst, stop taunting us with those clear Scandinavian skies which you have obviously photoshopped. Smile
snow conditions
dobby wrote:
@Hyst, stop taunting us with those clear Scandinavian skies which you have obviously photoshopped. Smile

Yes, amazing what you can do with an old Galaxy S4 now a day's. Madeye-Smiley
But it was an unexpectedblue bird day weatherforecast said nothing about it. Very Happy
The fog steaed im the valley all day - very beautiful from above - but dam cold down there.

The new foto function is great, but no time to add words getting of the lift.
Somehow this day made me recover after the bustrip.

But have a look at the foto and notice how long the shadows fall -we are north - but still not ultimate north. wink
Day is short - lifts closes at 15.30. Shocked

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 13-01-18 6:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@NickyJ,

Hope you get nice weather and som new snow.

Tomorrow I am on the foodteam and as I am a very bad cook I feel sorry for the 35 others, who shall "enjoy" my creations.

Lots of diamond dust yesterday. Little Angel
latest report
@Hyst, looks good.

Probably not enough for a Trysil thread for the whole season, but a Scandi skiing thread would be good.
latest report
Quote:

but a Scandi skiing thread would be good.

Ja! takk!@Themasterpiece,
ski holidays

The cheap way to have lunch in the north - here you see the empty leftover - thermos with hot chocolate and a sandwich made in the morning.
There are a number of places were you can bring you ovn food - varmestuer.

Near the end of lift T9 there is a small church witch is always heated. Nice place to have your home made lunch pack.
The alter has disappeared in recent years but it still says church outside pf the tiny hut.
Near the start of F12 the is an other varmestue with microoven. A few more are scattered around and indicate on the pistemap, however the church is not marked on the map.

And don' forget to go to Knettsetra in the woods to have you waffles! Find the smallest building there.

Weather today was very mixed and the fog in the air frose the googles all the time, and together with the very flat light it was a contrast to the blue bird day yesterday.

Tomorrow last day.

And already looking forward to Peisy Vallandy and Seventy3Chalets. At least I do not have to cook there. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Despite the price Mrs Hyst is enjoying her beer after the last run.

And yes she is looking tiered. Running all day.
ski holidays
Hope the price of a beer in Norway didn’t use up your bus money home Wink
ski holidays
Themasterpiece wrote:
Hope the price of a beer in Norway didn’t use up your bus money home Wink

No problem, wifes creditcard takes care such business. Little Angel

Today was ok day the fog stayed only high and skiing further down was a pleasure, in the woods.
But icy on the steeper slops.
Just took one steep today otherwise keept on more relaxing slopes
New snow is needed and seems on the way.
Now we just have to drive all night long and get to work in the morning. Sad
Don't hope there are to many meetings, as we jumped dicectly from the slopes into the bus - biside a pitstop for a beer.. Embarassed
snow conditions
For those who do not know Trysil - here is a map:

https://www.skistar.com/contentassets/3c0c727cdff547d4af7ab5f2cb8ca1d7/trysil_pistkarta_a4.pdf

I have somehow recovered now. Toofy Grin

As said one should not go Trysil for piste-km, food and drink and definitely not the sun, but because of the wasteness of the north and the long shadows at noon. wink
snow report
Excuse me for jumping on this thread!

Thinking about Trysil as flights to Oslo are cheap and perfectly timed for our trip requirements, and we've done Hemsedal before.

Howeeeeever - seems to be very little accomodation in Trysil - does anyone know of any sources other than Skistar?

Thankyou!
snow conditions
Also see what is available in Salen which is also accessible via those Oslo flights. We are going there in 2weeks and 3 days (not that I am counting or anything Happy)

We have booked via SkiStar for Salen.
snow conditions
JimiHendrix wrote:
Excuse me for jumping on this thread!

Thinking about Trysil as flights to Oslo are cheap and perfectly timed for our trip requirements, and we've done Hemsedal before.

Howeeeeever - seems to be very little accomodation in Trysil - does anyone know of any sources other than Skistar?

Thankyou!

What type do you want? Ski-star seem to have a lock on local s/c cabins and apartments. I didnt find much on AirBnB etc.

You could try Ski Safari who might have something or if you want a hotel set up try directly on the Raddisson blu website. They have two hotels there and will do room and board or just room.
ski holidays
@JimiHendrix

You can have a look on www.finn.no it’s Norway most used website for advertising homes/cars/stuff for sell/rent. It aimed for the locals so it’s only in Norwegian. Need to use a web browser that will auto translate to English (like Chrome). Most owners are weary of been scammed, so they may not rent out to non Norwegians/Scandinavians.

If your searching for dates during Norwegian school holidays (week 7-9) or for Easter, these would be booked out very quickly so there is not much choice left for this year.
ski holidays
Spoon wrote:
[b]
If your searching for dates during Norwegian school holidays (week 7-9) or for Easter, these would be booked out very quickly so there is not much choice left for this year.

Yes. We found that to be the case for Easter. So if you do find something reasonable then may pay not to prevaricate as could well be gone the next time you look
snow report
thanks for the tips everyone.

I think we have managed to hit the middle of a 2 week low-ish season so *should* be possible to find something...
snow conditions
Hi All

We're staying in Trysil over Easter and I was just wondering if anyone could share any tips on driving in Norway and specifically the trip from Oslo airport to Trysil? I've driven abroad in hire cars a fair amount so not worried about driving itself, I'm just wondering if there's any specific gotchas to watch out for in Norway and also what sort of conditions we should expect on the route at the end of March?

cheers
ski holidays
Locoblade wrote:
Hi All

We're staying in Trysil over Easter and I was just wondering if anyone could share any tips on driving in Norway and specifically the trip from Oslo airport to Trysil? I've driven abroad in hire cars a fair amount so not worried about driving itself, I'm just wondering if there's any specific gotchas to watch out for in Norway and also what sort of conditions we should expect on the route at the end of March?

cheers

Dead easy when we did it. Roads in good condition and signage was good. There was snow about in mid April but not on the road and I imagine they plough it well. I did a TR on our trip when we drove so search for it under my name. There was a strange driving rule that someone brought up which is in the my Q&A before the TR ( can't recall what it was but I remember we didn't come across it).

You get billed for any motorway tolls later by the rental company but they werent much. Just remember to get a token for the barriers if driving out of the resort area into town or you have to pay.

You won't have any issues.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy