Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

sH asks for research input for Winter Olympics, paw paw

Poster: A snowHead
I’d be really appreciative if you could take time to fill in this questionnaire. If you don’t want to leave comments here then feel free to PM your thoughts to me. All responses and comments are extremely valuable to me so I’d be most grateful if you could spend 10 minutes on this.

Essentially what I am interested in is the way people have consumed the 2006 Winter Olympics, e.g. via the Internet, TV, radio, press, Sky/Sky+, etc. Were you there? Were you presenting?! My area of interest is new media and the aim of this mini-project is to offer insight into changing media consumption patterns. This research is not aligned with any business research in any way; it is a purely academic piece of work. My findings and reflections will of course be posted here for your perusal and critique!

1. To what extent have you watched the Winter Olympic Games via BBC broadcasts this year?

2. Which media have you used to view/listen to the Games and why, e.g. press, online, TV other than BBC, etc? Please be as specific as possible.

3. Do you time-shift, i.e. have you recorded any of the Olympic events to watch at a later time? If so, what recording formats have used, e.g. video cassette, DVD, Sky+ or computer?

4. Have used the multi-screen format that BBC offers? If so, did you feel comfortable navigating it?

5. Did you watch the Winter games last year? If so, how do you think the presentation of the games has
changed?

6. [b]Has the inclusion of multi-screen added to your enjoyment of the games this year?

7. Can you think of any way the BBC could improve their reporting and broadcasting of the Winter Olympics?

8. Any other Olympic thoughts you want to get off your chest?!

9. Would you prefer your sH user name to remain anonymous upon this research being published?

Thanks Admin for allowing me to post this.

Many thanks to all for responses and your time!!!!!

Saxabar (Andy McStay)
Advertising
Faculty of Arts
Thames Valley University, London
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. To what extent have you watched the Winter Olympic Games via BBC broadcasts this year?
Tryed to watch all the events i am intrested in (mostly alpine, ludge, hockey and a bit of snowboarding.)

2. Which media have you used to view/listen to the Games and why, e.g. press, online, TV other than BBC, etc? Please be as specific as possible.
This Forum.

3. Do you time-shift, i.e. have you recorded any of the Olympic events to watch at a later time? If so, what recording formats have used, e.g. video cassette, DVD, Sky+ or computer?
no

4. Have used the multi-screen format that BBC offers? If so, did you feel comfortable navigating it?
have used the interactive stuff a fair bit, had no issues navigating it.

5. Did you watch the Winter games last year? If so, how do you think the presentation of the games has
changed?
I assume you mean the Salt lake city games? far to long ago to remember. but the filming in Widescreen is a big improvement over Ski Sunday.

6. [b]Has the inclusion of multi-screen added to your enjoyment of the games this year?
Yes it has,

7. Can you think of any way the BBC could improve their reporting and broadcasting of the Winter Olympics?
*Not being able to watch the skiing in Wales at the same time as in England because of some stupid politics program put on at the same time really buged me,
* It would be good if on the interactive screens there was something happening in the gaps between comentrys (eg the breaks in the hockey its rather dull just sat there with nothing happening for ten minuits
*finally, have the comentator on interactive (or a pop up text) tell you that another event is just starting on BBC2/other interactive channel etc

nope

9. Would you prefer your sH user name to remain anonymous upon this research being published?
dont care ether way
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not at all!

radio, snowHeads.com, mysnowsports.com

no

never felt the need - prefer to use a PC

changed?
No

no

Stick the whole thing on an enormous server and let me download as and when I feel like it.

I'm probably not a very good respondent, since I watch winter sports on the TV (1) for the scenery and (2) to see if a Brit gets into the top 10.

sH name! this is my real name Feel free to use it - I can't see it helping your case though... wink

Does that count as a 'spoilt ballot paper'?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Watched Blue Riband events in Alpine skiing live, on the BBC (don't have access to Eurosport). Watched some highlights of other Alpine events, plus Luge and some of the opening ceremony.

Apart from BBC broadcasts I've used the official Winter Olympics website for live timings of Alpine events, and mysnowsports.com for news and commentary from Turin.

Recorded the main Alpine events on my computer, although the BBC seems to shift its progarmming at short notice so I think I recorded stuff I don't want to watch.

Used it once. Easy to navigate.

changed?
Yes I watched the Winter Games last time. From what I can remember no change in the presentation.

6. Has the inclusion of multi-screen added to your enjoyment of the games this year?
Not really.

More features and background on the athletes; better use of technology (eg video software to superimpose several ski racers on the same footage so you can see exactly where time is made or lost).

Not really

Yes please.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

All my viewing

This forum

Yes, video.

N/A

changed?

Yes, I can't remember.

Not used it.

Some of the presenters need to be more clued up on some of the events.

No

Don't mind

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 16-02-06 17:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A little. Maybe 10% of watching has been via BBC.

Eurosport, and some from the torino2006.org website.

No.

Yes. A little slow, but functional.

changed?
No. No idea. Some of the BBC presentation has been a bit naive/trivial/juvenile.

6. Has the inclusion of multi-screen added to your enjoyment of the games this year?
It's enable me to seen things that otherwise I'd have missed.

Should all be on a dedicated 'Olympics' channel, and also all available via VoD (video on demand). Don't care if this is the BBC or anyone else. But I won't going to pay extra for it, i.e. on top of TV licence + Sky subscription.

No.

Yes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the_fatadder, Ian Hopkinson, thanks for the early posts. In the academic game all are vital. If i can help in anyway with anything in terms of online (or otherwise) advertising strategy and execution just pm me, I'd be more than happy to screw up all 1st yr profits for you Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This of course goes for all snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

TV: 20% BBC, 80% Eurosport

Eurosport (tv), eurosport.com, MySnowSports.com/Racer-Ready journalist on the spot

No

Yes and yes

changed?

Yes, sorry can't remember

Barely

Doesn't affect me because I can watch live, but repeating the major events in full would be an obvious improvement for those who work normal office hours, instead of the highly inadequate snapshots of various events.

Alpine events should be made more interesting via use of technology, eg far more frequent superimposing of images of two downhill runs to better illustrate errors, differences in trajectory, etc. Most of the technical talk goes over peoples heads.

Not bothered
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

very little

eurosport mostly, a little BBC

video alpine events if working

stikes me as pedestrian in loading, but dion't use it much

changed?

no mbut i did watch them 2002, no real im provbement IMO

No

better analysis

why cant they use the Dartfish software for ananysis more they have it so why not use it

not fussed
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Recorded more than I've watched.

Tera-digital and Snowheads

All on Computer HD

I access the 'i' streams directly and don't use the menu.

changed?

The commentators are as vapid and irritating as ever ... but that is their role

I'd like to know if the BeeB has access to all the feeds and are filtering to suit their own scheduling thoughts and bandwidth issues. I'd like for all streams to be accessible and be able to watch/record a complete event day. There's too much bobbing and weaving.

Just occasionally shut the **** up! It would be good if they had a technical segue before each event with better descriptions of the course, equipment and judging criteria. The beeb has superb graphic artists, animators and cgi developers but all I've seen on screen is very low-rent

The BeeB's managed to make exciting sports piggin' dull for the average sofa spud and turned all the various locations into one amorphous 'winter' location.

I think they've been cheap and lazy.

9. Would you prefer your sH user name to remain anonymous upon this research being published? why?[/i]
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

Live bits at weekends and highlights in the evening, plus the odd taped bit from during the day

Eurosport through Sky+, SnowHeads to get live updates at work (does that count as watching?) newspaper reports

sky+

no, but I've seen it done (you think I'm allowed to touch the TV remote in our house?!) It doesn't always work though

changed?

No, not that I'm aware of. (May have, but just thought 'I'm watching skiing' or similar)

at least gives us the option of watching something else

consistant commentary

Why didn't we have anyone in the mens freestyle? Sad

don't mind.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Selected events I was interested in (Alpine and freestyle) and occasionally got into events purely because they came on (cross country)

Live BBC Web broadcast during the weekday, TV at weekends (Eurosport mainly)

No

N/A

changed?

Cannot remember. Seems to be more coverage though?

N/A

They need a few more technical people to provide more in-depth analysis, bio's of participants etc. 'Superficial watching' is enjoyable - 'Expert Insight' is enlightening!

No.

Yes.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
90% of my viewing has been bbc - watched most evenings for ~2 hours.
Online (bbc website), eurosport
No
Yes & navigation is fine
changed?

Can't remember.
Yes
When the multiscreens run out of stuff why not show big events from previous days in full? Would be better than watching the ice cleaner machine, the olympic fags(sorry olympic torch Smile ) or empty snow etc. Also a chance for those who aren't glued to the screen every day to catch up.
Why is it so hard to find out what medals countries have won? Everywhere had how many nowhere is 'click through' to what they were in!
Yes please - as it's my real name!

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 20-02-06 18:25; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

I have watched a reasonable amount of stuff, including the opening ceremony, of course the Alpine skiing events, Luge, speed skating, bits of the curling, bits of the Figure skating, Ice Hockey

Almost entirely BBC, and predominantly via BBCi but a little on Eurosport channels. A small amount of headline checking at bbc.co.uk during the day. I am under the impression that there is little coverage elsewhere, moreover I'm pretty happy with the BBC coverage in terms of commentators, camera vantage points etc

3. Do you time-shift, i.e. have you recorded any of the Olympic events to watch at a later time? If so, what recording formats have used, e.g. video cassette, DVD, Sky+ or computer? I have recorded some stuff via Sky +

See answer to question 2

changed?
Sorry to be pedantic, do you mean last time around ie SLC 02. Yes, I watched bits and pieces, but to be honest I can't really remember the details of the coverage

Most definitely

Off the top of my head, no

I wish we were a bit better at it !!!

No preference
ski holidays

Fair amount.

Eurosport UK better commentary, BBCi parallel streams and to lesser extent angles

A little Sky+, but not organised/bothered enough.

Yes. Sure.

changed?

Winter Games last time, yes. How changed can't really remember.

Yes.

I'm sure I've previously seen the BBC use the technique of superimposing the run of the fastest down, and as rob suggested, that'd be good. It'd be nice to see the runs in context more often, ie their settings, maybe a more detailed description of the resort.

uuhmmm, no

don't mind
snow conditions
Yes - mens downhill and halfpipe at the weekend. A little in the evenings this week - but easily bored by ice skating and curling. Gutted I had social plans yesterday and missed the womens downhill

Online - have kept up to date by reading SH, but unable to do the rest as work would sack me!

No - don't have that technology! and certainly wouldn't know how to do it on the laptop

Found the BBC site a bit of a bug to use - wanted to find a schedule of what was on telly so I could watch on tv while posting on SH! I am reluctant to download softwares - so invariably can't watch streaming video - so I've stopped trying!

changed?
No- didn't see them

No because i haven't used it

yes - to telepathically know when i have free time and at that point schedule the events I like - skiing & snowboarding!!!
Seriously - I'm probably not enough of a fan to care what they do because I'm not majorly aware of what they are doing this time around!

only annoyed at typical condescending attitude to snowboarding by BBC commentators - wake up we're in 2005, snowboarding has been around for a while now...

no - quite like to see the name mountain mad being published!!!!!!
ski holidays

Not as much as I would have liked. If I'm at work, I miss most of the live coverage and I get home too late to catch most of the highlights prgramme.

2. Which media have you used to view/listen to the Games and why, e.g. press, online, TV other than BBC, etc?
Please be as specific as possible. Primarily BBC 2 / BBCi through Freeview, obviously this is because they have the terrestrial rights to broadcast it.

There has been very little coverage in other news programmes unlesss there is a strong British interest.
I haven't really looked for anything online, I don't have access at home and haven't really had time to hunt stuff out. Snowheads forum, however, provides a good opportunity for discussion about the games.

No, my VHS has packed up and I've spent all my money skiing so can't afford to buy a replacement.

I've used the interactive service on Freeview if that's what you're referring too, i.e. The Red Button. It's a bit temperamental; sometimes not bringing up the options screen, but it's great to have a choice and watch live coverage when there isn't any on mainstream channels. It feels a bit clumsy because first you press the red button, that takes you to channel 301, but then you have to press the blue button to bring up the menu. Why can't the options be available from the first pressing of the red button?

changed?

I can't really remember anything specific, but I'm sure the BBC used to make it into a big event, with coverage on BBC One. there was a regular highlights programme at a regular time in peak time and there was other coverage in the later hours. I don't necessarily object to coverage on BBC 2 (especially if that means they can devote more hours to it) but it all seems to stop in the earlyish evening, so it feels like there's more coverage in the day and less in the evening.

If, as in 4 you mean the interactive service, yes.

With four channels and interactive capability, I feel they could have done more. The evening highlights programme should be longer and available to view again later, whether that's on BBC2 or one of the other outlets. The rolling round-up on the interactive channels (Freeview 301/302) is a good idea. But while it allows you to catch up with events, it falls a long way short of allowing you to watch something you'd missed but had heard was great e.g men's moguls final.
I'm questioning whether the BBC has 'downgraded' the Olympics by only showing coverage on BBC2. I can see that it means they can devote more time to a subject that, perhaps, gets only a minor interest. After all I get really annoyed when football takes over the schedules on the main channels.
On the whole I think presentation has been good. Having presenters in Italy is a positive move, rather than basing them in a studio in London. There is obviously a limit to what they can do with the pool feed of event broadcasts, but a few times I've heard commentators calling for replays, only to be disappointed by the Italian director. It would be very easy for the BBC to broadcast their own replays.

The snowboard commentator Ed Leigh has been a breath of fresh air. His lively, enthusiastic commentary has really lifted the coverage. Sometimes, some of the reportage has given the impression that snowboarding is a bit of a novelty sport at the games (particularly in news coverage elsewhere), but Ed has really helped show that it is a serious sport (by the way I'm a skier not a boarder!).
I do feel the BBC has been a bit slow to wake up to the growing interest in some sports at the games. It seems as though they're hanging on to a historical interest in Ice Skating (because of Torvill and Dean) and overlooking some of the new, vibrant sports that have joined the games in recent years.

I have no objection, though it should be noted I am a broadcaster, working for ITV. I have however written this without any intention of bias or malice.
snow report

A few times - whenever it's been on at the right time for me.

Internet. Including BBC's fairly crappy video feeds. Television when down the gym.

No

No

changed?

Not sure.

No

Better analysis - especially in timed events.

Er - they're all on drugs?

No
snow conditions

All skiing, some boarding, most figure skating, highlights of other stuff

Newspapers, snowHeads and links from it (readyracer, mysnowsports), eurosport.com, bbc.co.uk.

Recorded most of it. Eurosport off Sky onto DVD and BBC onto hard disk on Freeview box.

Yes and yes.

changed?

Can't remember.

A bit.

Yes. Be more like eurosport and broadcast the whole event rather than cutting to other stuff in the middle, especially the "studio chat". Now they have dedicated separate channels there's no excuse. Make it easier to see what is on when. Put a message in the corner of the screen when an event has been cancelled, so that when you get home to watch the recording of skiing, and you're shown skating, you know you haven't pressed the wrong button!

A way to turn off the commentary feed so you just get the pictures and the crowd noise without the innane comments. This is especially annoying in figure skating when I just want to watch the skaters and listen to the music but I would also prefer to watch the skiing in peace too.

Don't care.
snow conditions

Watched the Mens Downhill, but missed the combined and Womens DH because I forgot to set the VCR. Will watch the hockey if I get back from work in time (unlikely).

TV, and SnowHeads and mysnowsports

Yes. VCR, but only when I remember to set it!

No. Don't much like multi-screen.

changed?

Last year?? Watched most of the Salt Lake games.

See above!

Turn it over to C4. Alternatively, and more seriously, they could make more use of the options available through digital coverage. It's EXTREMELY frustrating to see in the Radio Times that everything I want to watch is on BBC2 interactive "Stream X, not available on Freeview" - What the hell do they think I pay my licence fee for?

Some of the camerawork by the - presumably Italian - production team has been briliant. Shame about the British commentators.

Anonymous?? I expect to be a co-author (blame it on RAE2008)
latest report
1) Limited - Approximately 6 hours total viewed thus far.
2) BBC TV only
3) No
4) Yes & Yes
5) No
6) Yes
7) a) Reporting improvements would undoubtly be achieved by the removal of the really inappropriate presenters
b) A higher BBC priority to the Winder Olympics is desirable and should be reflected in a much more comprehensive coverage
schedule.
9) No.
ski holidays
Quote:

Some skiing, some boarding BBC2 only

TV, Snowheads, MySnowSports

No

No

changed?

Not sure

No

Switch to different presenters

When the women were racing the combined today, BBC2 showed...Ready Steady Cook. Shows where their priorities lie.

Don't mind.

snow conditions
Hardly at all

Some TV, but lots of vid clips (mainly BBC) when linked from SnowHeads

No

No

changed?

I watched more last time. Seemed to be better publicised last time. I am alsobusy outdifrof TV at the mo.

N/A Not watched enough

More publicity

Love the sportsmanship of the olympics. Such a change from football

No
snow report
Most of the skiing, some luge / skeleton

TV, both Eurosport and BBC,Snowheads and Mysnowsports

No

Yes

changed?
Watched similar amounts, no real change in the presentation

Made it easier to catch up with events

Displaying timeschedules better

Not really

No peference
snow report
1. a bit, busy with work, so catching up with highlights only

2. BBC news website

3. Haven't time-shifted olympics (well only the Top Gear Olympics, specifically for the Rocket Powered Mini on the Ski Jump http://www.ukra.org.uk )

4. Have used the multi-screen format that BBC offers, and did feel comfortable navigating it

5. I watched the winter olympics 4 years ago! Only thing I've noticed in presentation is some cool camera work at the luge/skeleton/bob. Did they contract the camera guys from "Casualty" from a few years back?

6. mutliscreen has made it possible for me to watch what I want to watch, and WHEN.

7. BBC coverage is pretty good.

8. nope

9. don't mind
ski holidays

None, am in Canada for the season. about 4 cable channels here are covering the games.

Press, online, TV, Tornio website (live results - not as good as normal FIS world cup service)

Normally at home yes, on my DVD/HDD recorder. Oftern good to download the top skiers highlights from sport A1.

N/A, but have used it on other events (eg wimbledon etc.)

changed?

N/A

N/A

Special feature about the long path to the games. ie link the local dry slope, fun races, indoor snow, ski clubs, race series, FIS race --> world cup.

I would like to have an online facility to download videos of our (team GB athletes) in the event we missed their performances.

Unconcerned,
snow conditions
1. To what extent have you watched the Winter Olympic Games via BBC broadcasts this year? ....none at there and have the best seat in the house!

2. Which media have you used to view/listen to the Games and why, e.g. press, online, TV other than BBC, etc? Please be as specific as possible. ...Racer Ready (cos I work for them!). Read (well write) the newsletter than all subscribers to the magazine get! Plus some web stuff

3. Do you time-shift, i.e. have you recorded any of the Olympic events to watch at a later time? If so, what recording formats have used, e.g. video cassette, DVD, Sky+ or computer? ....am there and dont have facility to do that

4. Have used the multi-screen format that BBC offers? If so, did you feel comfortable navigating it? ...Dont have it

changed? Am never in UK during winter so no

6. [b]Has the inclusion of multi-screen added to your enjoyment of the games this year? ....Multi screen in press room _ Austrian, Swiss, French and Italian coverage! BBC has not been here in that sense

7. Can you think of any way the BBC could improve their reporting and broadcasting of the Winter Olympics? Let Channel 4 cover the skiing!

8. Any other Olympic thoughts you want to get off your chest?! Why do the BBC waste taxpayers money covering so much? They try to be Jack of all trades yet are masters of nothing.... Also I get fed up with hacks writting from here as though they are here, know the sport and know the people. Why cannt they get off their backsides and come to more races so they can report on the feel of races with more interest and knowledge. Call me / email me if you want more reaction

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not very much. I prefer other sources.

Preference is Eurosport way ahead of BBC, balance of info comes from Olympic site and Snowheads for fun/discussion

No

No – but am comfortable with i

changed?

Assuming you mean 4 years ago ! Yes their presentation has changed a little for the better but if you use crap presenters like Sue Barker what do you ex-pect in terms of ‘improving’. Leave her to giggle with Dawson et al, she was embarrassing.

No
Dispose of Barker ( and Clare Baldwin) and all the other Olympic athletic hangers-on ( Jackson , Cram etc) , train some winter sports names and get on with it.

Third – rate coverage to go with 4 th-rate SSGB

Yes .. I would expect to be asked this question after identifying where that info might be published … No chance without that
ski holidays
Snowboarding (1/2 pipe and x)- and any other event if there was nothing else on!

Eurosport and bbc website

No - multi screen on BBC does not support Sky+ recording

Yes, yes.

changed?
No.

Yes - allowed me to watch events that otherwise may not have been screened

Have a highlights show.
Integrate multiscreen with Sky+

No

No

Thanks Admin for allowing me to post this.

Many thanks to all for responses and your time!!!!!

Saxabar (Andy McStay)
Advertising
Faculty of Arts
Thames Valley University, London
ski holidays
Watched pretty much all of the snowboarding, some of the downhill and bobsled

BBC web live broadcasts

No

If you mean Freeview then yes

changed?
No

If you mean Freeview then yes

Don't have Clare Balding! Sshe's taken a right slating on most of the snowboard forums. Personally I don't care if she doesn;t think the half-pipe is a proper sport - but if she doesn't apply that same logic to ice skating and moguls plus a whole heap of events from the summer games then she's being a massice hypocrite.

A lot of the sports are very niche - how many see curling apart from at the Olympics? With that in mind they should bring more snowboard and ski disciplines to the show. As the half pipes now in why not have it for freestyle skiers. Quarterpipe and slopestyle events for both boarding and skiing would seem the way to go.

Don't mind
latest report

All weekend and a little bit of time at work today.

Reading press, eurosport website, BBC website, eurosport fr and de on telly. Canal 3 in France.

None

Using Freeview I have used it. Found it easy to use, but the sport selection is sometimes innaccurate.

changed?

I watched the Salt Lake Games live, didn't see too much of it on TV.

Yes. I don't like figure-skating.

They are repeating a lot of content. The news does not update often enough. The commentators in the bobsled had the same 'colour' comments for each of the four runs.

If only I was from Iran or Kazakhstan - I'd get a run in the GS! They were almost snowplowing down the run...

Don't care.
snow conditions

Very little - first week I was skiing Smile in Vallandry.

I've watched a bit on the BBC, a bit on BBC interactive and a bit on British Eurosport

No

yes and yes

[b]5. Did you watch the Winter games last year? If so, how do you think the presentation of the games has
changed?

Can't remember, I watched the last games, but didn't have Sky then. I like the more choice from having digital, but can't remember enough to comapre the quality of the coverage

Yes

I haven't seen much nordic or biathlon, which is what I'm interested in, on in the evenings

Yes, cos its not an anonymous user name
snow conditions

I haven't seen any yet, other than in Bars on holiday.

BBC and Sky. But they have only featured figure skating since I got back from ski trip.

No, but would use Sky+

Didn't know they offered it.

changed?

Last Year? What was it?

No

No.

I'm sadly unmotivated by the Winter Olympics.

No.
snow conditions

Quite a lot, mixture of live and recorded.

Online from various sources, TV - BBC only (all I've got), odd mentions on the radio.

Time shift (TiVo) by necessity, gotta work during the day.

Not used, not tried.

changed?

Last winter Olympics? Yes, How has it changed? Can't remember.

Not used it so no.

Publish a schedule and stick to it would be a good start.

Aerials? What's that all about, is it even a sport????

Easy either way.
ski holidays

Watched a little on the BBC, but not much

Mostly watched Eurosport's coverage, with occasional streaming from the BBC website

Mostly watched timeshifted using Sky+

Yes, and yes

changed?

Watched some of the last games but not as much as this time.

Yes. Since it enables the BBC to show more events there's a greater chance that I can see something I'm interested in.

Scheduling main channel reruns of events shown on the interactive channels thus allowing them to be recorded would be a great idea (it doesn't matter if it's in the middle of the night so long as it can be recorded for viewing later). Updating their epg more quickly (this applies to Eurosport as well - they're pretty applalling with their epg management!)

Would love to see skiercross in there -- it's a great format.

No
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy