Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next stop: San Sicario, and the Olympics Women's Downhill

Poster: A snowHead
First training session went almost unnoticed today....

Dorfmeister cruised it (one of the racers who complained about it being too easy last season), with most of the favourites well-placed in the top 15.

Chances are the winner will come from Austrians Dorfmeister and Goetschl (currently 1 and 2 in the World Cup standings), American Kindsey Kildow, and who could write off Janica Kostelic and Anja Paerson, both of whom who have been in stunning form recently.

Chemmy's still not right, or so it seems. Reigning Olympic Champion Carole Montillet has shown occasional glimpses of better form this year compared to last, but who knows - as today has shown, in a one-off race the uenxpected can happen, and who would bet against Montillet being inspired to double up on Olympic golds following her compatriot's victory in the men's downhill?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Second training run taking place right now. MySnowSports and Racer-Ready journalist Neil McQuoid has phoned in to report on a badly disrupted race, and there's certainly no more talk of a 'tame' course following several crashes already this morning. American star and one of the favourites, Lindsey Kildow has been flown off to hospital after a bad fall which looks to have put her out of the Olympics at the very least. The rest of the season is in doubt with a serious knee injury suspected.

Reigning Olympic champion Carole Montillet fell just before the American and was also taken to hospital - at this time it isn't clear if it is only a precautionary measure.

Just minutes ago a third crash saw Canadian Allison Forsyth pile into the safety netting. The impact looked very bad and the race has been stopped to allow her to be stretchered down.

Swiss Martina Schild currently leads with the best time in front of the three Austrian favourites Goetschl, Meissnitzer and Dorfmeister....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe they'll all crash on the training run and leave the race open for Chemmy?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just watched the highights clip on Eurosport. All 3 crashes were horrible. Just glad that the worse injury seems to be Forsyth's, with ACL damage, at those speeds and the way that they all landed, it could have been a lot worse
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As things stand, although Kildow's injuries are not as bad as feared, she is unlikely to start on Wednesday - bruised, mild concussion, headaches at the moment, so no chance of doing the third and final practice run tomorrow...

Carole Montillet was being rather too optimistic earlier - she's very doubtful as well, with stomach muscle and possible vertebrae problems.

As for Forsyth, as you say, with her knee in a brace she definitely out...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ouch! Just seen the crashes... Good to hear Kildow's not as bad as thought at least. Not nice to see.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Late last night they said that Kildow is out for the season, Montillet is having tests and so on, and Forsyth also out - not serious?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, so many rumours. We'll just have to wait for some concrete news....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Update on today's final practice. Concern over Janica Kostelic who withdrew at the last minute....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
According to the BBC, Kildow will decide 2 hours before the start of the race.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Still in considerable doubt, current situation for both Kildow and Montillet uncertain, although Kostelic (who didn't race yesterday, suspected reoccurrence of flu, raised pulse) has announced she'll be starting. (Takes a lot to keep Janica from the start gate, she raced and won a World Cup slalom earlier this month in the midst of a bout of flu....) Amazing competitor, given all her injuries and health problems, the female equivalent of Hermann Maier in attitude...

More here
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
MySnowSports/Racer Ready's Neil McQuoid just reported in on the conditions in San Sicario for today's women's downhill. Overcast, flat light, could be more crashes if the early training runs are anything to go by Confused .

Chemmy starts 14, in the mix with Goergl, Meissnitzer. Best we can hope for? A top 20 would be good on recent form, top 10 would be wonderful.

Neil was on the shuttle bus up with Carole Montillet's mum, but no firm news as yet on whether Carole will race. It would take a lot to stop her though - this is her last Olympics, she is defending champion, and although entered for the Super G her best chance will always be in the Downhill.

Both Montillet and Kildow are on the start list. We may only know for sure if they are going to start just before 12 CET...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Carole Montillet has just finished warming up, and has confirmed she will be taking part in today's race. Not taking part in yesterday's final training run where starting position were decided, she has been allocated bib no. 34. No news yet on Kildow.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Predictions for today? An Austrian clean sweep.

1 - Michaela Dorfmeister
2 - Alessandra Meissnitzer
3 - Renate Goetschl

Outside chance for Anja Paerson to break into the top three.....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Race about to start, now on BBC2.
ski holidays
Ouch! That's gotta hurt Sad
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, Eurosport commentator just put his foot in it by saying prior to the fall that the racer concerned was demonstrating how to ski the course fast by showing it less respect, as it was not as icy today in the increased temperatures.... rolling eyes
snow conditions
PG, Laughing

Emma C-A is sharing the commentary duties on the Beeb. Not sure if this his her first time in the commentary box, but I think she's doing pretty well. I much prefer former racers doing the commentary than most 'professional' commentators.
latest report
Go CHEMMY!
ski holidays
Didn't she do well!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
chemmy flew, ahead most of the way but then at the end finishing second................go girl!!! Lets see what else happens Puzzled
latest report
Great ru! Lost a bit of time on last few corners, but that's a great performance. Top 10, at least. Medal chance perhaps?
latest report
Chemy done well
snow report
In second at the moment I gather, with 15 gone?
snow report
Chemmy pushed down to third, with some top racers to follow so a medal probably not on, but a top 5?
latest report
Want a TV on my desk Sad I hope we set up the sky box to tape it...
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, we live in hope, but the top racers are between 20 and 34... weather will play a part....
snow report
Chemmy now down to 4th
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen101, go to the bbc website, you can watch all sorts of live different feeds!
snow conditions
Dorfmeister stomps that run! Chemmy down to 6th
ski holidays
7th, she'll be lucky to finish in the top ten.... but a fantastic performance all the same
snow conditions
PG, OOPS! Embarassed just seen this thread Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
Quote:

Helen101, go to the bbc website, you can watch all sorts of live different feeds!

Hee hee - I can see that going down well at work! (NOT!)
snow conditions
10th still.... with Kildow, Montillet to come ...
ski holidays
Chemmy 11th currently, with all the top names having run. Outstanding result for her Smile
snow conditions
Without Chemmy's slip towards the end - cost her a good 3/10ths I reckon - she would have been around 8th. Brilliant performance!

Dorfmeister a predictable winner - in her last Olympics.
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk, I reckon you get 'Optimist of the Year' award for that 'commentary' Smile Nevertheless . a superb performance from the young lady - thank goodness she hadn't heard anything the governing bodies had been saying ....
snow report
eEvans, Laughing That's me. It's good to travel in hope, but I think the occasion got the better of me...
snow report
Superb race, good result for Dorfmeister.
11th for Chemmy, not a bad result, shame she lost a little bit of time towards the end, could have been top 8.
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
eEvans, Laughing That's me. It's good to travel in hope, but I think the occasion got the better of me...

Should I admit to wishing that later competitors 'slowed down' ?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy