Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ouibus to st gervais

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I have a specific question regarding ouibus and drop off point. If anyone has used this service, we are staying at the hotel la Regina and are looking at transfer from geneva airport to st gervais. Can anyone advise how far is the journey from the ouibus drop off to the hotel. Is it walking distance, or will we need to arrange further transfer via taxi etc?
Also is there a hire shop close by to la Regina which you would recommend?

Thanks all Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the big bus from the airport , stops at the intermarche supermarket in Passy & then everyone swaps to the smaller minibus type buses that go separate ways, St Gervais is the first stop just at roundabout at start of the new bridge, from there you have approx. 500 meter walk to the hotel through the village. I would say you would be fine to walk.
If you to much luggage to walk just wait 5 minutes & jump on one of the free ski buses that do the rounds of the village & it will drop you 20 meter from hotel.
Le Regina is nice, when we have to many friends over they use it.
I recommend my Friend to use the Nerey Glisses (or something like that) hire shop over old bridge on way to gondola, picking up your hire gear before going up to Bettix means you don't have to leave the gondola house for second up lift, or if queues big you can bail out right down to the fast 6 man chair. they also have a heated store room 100 yards from gondola where you can leave your hire gear meaning you can walk back to hotel in normal shoes.
Hope you enjoy StG, it is a great place & ski area.. cant wait we are over from Friday........
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks so much @Jonny996, that's really helpful. I think we will walk the distance. It's only me and my other half. Kids staying at home with grandparents. We are in st gervais 8-12 Jan, so just finalising bits and pieces now. The tip about the storage is useful too. I believe we are best to avoid Bettix at ski school times?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Debra, Yes, you don't want to be getting on the bubble from Bettix up at 10.00 or 13.30 but to be fair once you are up the classes disperse quickly & the queues at that time should be minimal.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Debra, make sure bus is taking you to St Gervais & not dropping you at St Gervais La Fayette
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jonny996, thanks we have booked geneva to La Fayette and then onwards to the roundabout at st gervais, where we are going to walk. Arriving on Monday. Looking forwards to it. Hopefully enough snow to keep us entertained for a few days.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Debra, report back on conditions as I'm. Back out Friday with friends
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jonny996, will do.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonny996, , love st gervais. Snow at mid station but not at resort. The snow is brilliant up top. A little packed and slight ice further down. Very very quiet. Not had to que for any lifts. We will be back. Enjoy your stay.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds great I’m heading there on Sunday, did you notice if it’s possible to ski down to the town, thanks
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Jonny996, This is not so important but the oui bus now goes to the gare at la fayet to change and meet up with the minibusses .The route up to les contamines is now not as frequent as it has been in the previous two years
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@brock, thanks, will let people know, we only get bus to StG so Les C doesn't affect me but I know Jedster will be.
@snowheader, the home run was open on 3rd when I was last out, but its a tricky red & as its normally the last run of the day my old legs are past it, so I gondola it down.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@brock, thanks for the info
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@@snowheader, no you cannot get down via the red. Not enough snow.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the info and good to know about the bus too
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy