Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Insurance, interesting call

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had a conversation with a guy here,

http://onlinetravelcover.com/searchResultsGrid.aspx?fs=1&s=1&a=243&r=243&u=kHp4G7yC3bkv5/7i0PLsXQ==&b=0&policynumber=1119395&pc=YO21%203LW&customer=Gary%20Chadfield&expire=1/1/2018&customerTitle=Mr&CoverFor=1&Adults=1&Infants=0&Children=0&child1Age=0&child2Age=0&child3Age=0&child4Age=0&PolicyType=3&StartDate=22/12/2017&EndDate=22/12/2018&Age1=52&Age2=18&Area=1&golf=0&ski=1&actionSport=0&business=0&cruise=0&VoucherCode=OR234&companies=undefined&conditionsCovered=1&underwriter=&policyIDsFilter=&baggage=1&cancelation=1

I'm covered by their annual multitrip policy which allows up to 21 days total skiing (and off piste without a guide) but have done about 34 days since the policy started and booked for anothr 8 days before it ends, I asked the question

"I assume that if I have already been skiing for the full allowance and I go on another trip and I make a claim, that the insuarance co have ways and means of checking credit card statements or other methods of seeing if I have already been skiing?"

"Erm, no, it's purely on a trust basis, the only guy to get caught was one who tried to claim for loss of use of a lift pass that turned out to be a season ticket because he had a chalet in the resort"

He suggested that the legitimate and cost effective way to do it was to buy an annual policy for my first two trips and another just before my third, a total of £88 for 48 days ski cover still seems a good deal!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@tangowaggon, thats what snowcard told me . And i think i posted at the time. I bought a single week when i needed it
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

"Erm, no, it's purely on a trust basis, the only guy to get caught was one who tried to claim for loss of use of a lift pass that turned out to be a season ticket because he had a chalet in the resort"

I find this odd. Does this mean that all of us who own apartments/chalets etc are excluded from the cover this company offers. If so it is very worrying.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And why didn't the man who lost his season lift pass not report it to the lift pass office so it could be cancelled and a new one issued?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnE wrote:
Quote:

I find this odd. Does this mean that all of us who own apartments/chalets etc are excluded from the cover this company offers. If so it is very worrying.

Nothing amiss, the annual policies have a limit of 21 or 24 days on skis each year, its a general travel policy with ski cover, the guy was caught out because the lift pass was a season pass and it was obvious that he'd been skiing more than the limit of days. Yes this policy is probably unsuitable for property owners that make numerous trips each year unless they buy enough policies to cover the number of days they ski. I think the guy claimed for loss of use of pass due to injury. The policy is probably designed for normal people that don't ski more than 3 weeks a year and go on summer holidays as well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have just checked my policy and the words are:

"
Recreational skiing activities including: on-piste, off-piste (with or without a guide), cross-country/Nordic/Langlauf, dry slope/indoor slope, backcountry/ski touring, downhill, telemark, big-foot Skiing, mono-skiing, heli/cat skiing, glacier skiing and ski mountaineering
Scottish winter climbing, ice climbing and alpine climbing
All climbing in Europe and most peaks worldwide up to 6,500m
Trekking above 5,000m, other than in remote or inaccessible areas
Most trekking peaks in Nepal, standard trekking routes on Aconcagua, via Horcones-, Vacas- and Guanacos- Valleys
Snowboarding is included in Europe and can be covered Worldwide on payment of an additional premium"

Interesting 1/2 pipe is on the excluded list

"Annual Multi-trip policies are limited to either 45 days abroad per individual trip (90 days in total per year); 60 days abroad per individual trip (120 days in total per year); or 90 days abroad per individual trip (180 days in total per year). If you cancel your policy after 14 days of receipt of the policy documents no premium refund will be made."

There is no specific limit to skiing days
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@johnE, Who is your policy with?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the BMC
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@johnE, in my off-piste days (past now) I thought BMC was a good as it gets. Clear wording of useful cover. These days Saga does it for me wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@tangowaggon, I can see how it makes sense - that they don't really check. As it would be difficult for them to verify and instances of people exceeding must be minimal. Most people wouldn't take the risk even if they needed to. Sadly I've never managed over 21 days whilst holding an annual policy.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy