Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

discount codes for ski rental 2018 (Skiset, AlpinResorts/Snowbrainer)

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got any discount codes?

Last year I used a really good discount code for Skiset. And the code was easy to find. Can't find any decent discounts this year.

"SNOWBALL" code for Snowbrainer gives a paltry discount of 5.7% compared to their "I haven't got any codes" pricing.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try "HERO" for Alpinresorts.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I tried - it gives the same meagre 5.7% discount.

(And SNOWBALL is better then, as it additionally gives a few pence to this forum).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
HumptyDumpty wrote:
a really good discount code

To quantify this wording: it was a 43% discount.

This was a real 43% discount - compared to their "I haven't got any discount codes, so I get only a quantillion percent discount which everyone gets anyway" pricing.

(Compared to 5% Skiset discount code I found this year, and 5.7% "SNOWBALL" Snowbrainer discount code).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skiset try ‘weathertoski’
Alpineresorts try ‘news133’
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Try looking at this page: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=104118

However, unless you don't mind skiing on a poorly maintained pair of planks that haven't been waxed for weeks, I'd suggest asking for some recommendations for a decent hire shop. Once you've found a good hire shop, you can then see if you can get some discount.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@HumptyDumpty, did you spot that snowheads automatically turns alpinresorts, snowbrainer and skiset into links that give you a code/ discount?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@HumptyDumpty, did you spot that snowheads automatically turns alpinresorts, snowbrainer and skiset into links that give you a code/ discount?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Tubaski, "SNOWBALL" is the code, which snowheads gives you automatically - and it's only 5.6%, while I am aiming for 43% .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@HumptyDumpty, is cost your only consideration? (I guess you may already know a good hire shop so it might be.) If not, I'd suggest asking for recommendations of a good hire shop.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alpinresorts and news133 was good for me. However what I found was searching lots of shops and options through it led to "losing" the best price when I tried to go back to it so I then logged in on a new computer straight to the shop that had the best price before, and it was £5 better than originally!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Grachen, thank you.

Skiset ‘weathertoski’ - the code was accepted, but it resulted in no discount at all.

Alpineresorts ‘news133’ - the code gave 5.6% discount (the same as "SNOWBALL"; "SNOWBALL" is therefore better, as it apparently additionally donates a few pence to http://snowheads.com).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@sugarmoma666, we are going to the same resort as last year, and I am quite happy with using the same shop as last year.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In that case, why not contact them direct and ask what deal they can do you?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Doccam wrote:
so I then logged in on a new computer

Well done!

But you don't need to bother with another computer. For the same effect, just use the "private browsing mode" in your browser.

Firefox: top menu File --> New Private Window
Chrome: top menu File --> New Incognito Window
Safari: top menu File --> New Private Window
Opera: top menu File --> New Private Window
snow conditions
@sugarmoma666, cause I am shy, I guess. Entering a discount code on a web-site is somehow psychologically easier, than begging for a discount.
ski holidays
My experience of skiset is that if you rent once, they spam you with codes for years that beat any other promo or affiliate code.

alpinresorts also spam a code which has been the same for years, but may as well use the SNOWBALL one.

never used any of the others.

iirc the discounts are off the internet prebooking price, which is already discounted off the walk in price.
ski holidays
sugarmoma666 wrote:

Actually, I think, that's the best advice. Especially taking into account, that the lady at the shop was super-friendly and helpful.
ski holidays
HumptyDumpty wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:

Actually, I think, that's the best advice. Especially taking into account, that the lady at the shop was super-friendly and helpful.

If you use any of the other discount codes, someone else is probably taking a cut. This way the shop should get all that you pay.
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
someone else is probably taking a cut. This way the shop should get all that you pay.

That's an excellent ethical point.
snow conditions
Calling shops direct is always the best thing to do. Saying "I had a great time with you last time I was a customer, but I can only afford to spend £XYZ this year... what can you do?"

I run my own business and I hate nothing more than losing clients, and when I catch up with them, them saying "well you did us a really great price last time and I didn't want to be so cheeky to ask you if you could do it again"... but by the time I talk to them it's too late to work anything out.

I mean obviously I also hate being judged on price, I'd much rather be judged on my service than my price. But I accept that some people just want to see a function fulfilled and want to pay the least they can to fulfil it. But in any case I'd much rather do a cheap rate for an existing client than lose a sale entirely just because they assumed I'd be too expensive. Sometimes 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing!
snow report
dp wrote:
when I catch up with them, them saying "well you did us a really great price last time and I didn't want to be so cheeky to ask you if you could do it again"... but by the time I talk to them it's too late to work anything out
exactly my situation Happy
snow conditions
@HumptyDumpty, OK well take it from me that, on the whole, I'd rather do a cheap price twice than lose a customer!
latest report
I just tried skiset with the promo codes listed above (using a new private browser window).
'SNOWBALL' wasn't accepted.
'weathertoski' gave the same discount as the normal online booking discount with no promo code(supposedly 15%).

I'm looking for a code that would work at one of the three shops in Le Praz. Olympic, Gormier (skiset) and Whitestorm.
snow conditions
@accel, SNOWBALL is a code for Alpinresorts not Skiset.
They're the same sort of service as Skiset only not evil.
snow conditions
Thanks @admin Laughing I hate evil renters Little Angel

Just for info. I also tried Alpinsports and there may be a minor glitch with their site. Using 'Le Praz' as location for rental, I was offered three options. I selected Le Praz in 3V. The map told me that the shops it offered me were not 3V. Pity! The prices looked good.

They might like to know that we're being helpful by telling them about this.
snow report
@accel, have you tried looking for Courcheval 1300?
snow report
@sugarmoma666 great tip. Why didn't I think of that? Embarassed It still looks like a good price but (arrgghhh) it won't let me check further into the package because there is not 36hrs notice of booking (we're flying early tomorrow and first day skiing is Monday... erm wait, thats.. ah well).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I followed the advice, and called the store directly. (I even prepared a speech in French to impress them, but had to switch to English later - when they started asking questions Toofy Grin)

They were totally uncooperative. They can't do the same price as last year. In fact, the best price they can do is much higher, than the price available through Skiset right now (the price for their own store!).

"Come to the store tomorrow, and we will see, what we can do". I have a gut feeling, that they can do nothing good tomorrow Toofy Grin

So, the original question arises again. Does anyone know any good discount codes?
snow conditions
CURRent codes I have been sent are:

Snowbrainer - snow1 for France (snow10 for outside France). In the past this has given better discount than the code given by following the automatic linky.

AlpinResort - news133 for France (news101 outside of France).

Skiset code sfnewsletter - be quick that code is supposed to expire today.

Hope they help.
snow report
...but use SNOWBALL for Alpinresorts as the price is as good but we get a few pence kickback.

Also, entirely separate from that, skiset are evil*... have I mentioned that?

*And before anyone accuses me of a commercially motivated opinion: I said "no" to €5000+ from Skiset on the grounds that their proposed operating model was, IMO beneath the moral expectations of snowHeads. When I pointed this out, it was suggested that I could "take some nice money or say something bad about them on the internet". I opted for the latter.
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:
Snowbrainer - snow1 for France

Thanks, NickyJ, I owe you a beer Happy
Booked using this code, 11% discount. (SNOWBALL gives 5.6% discount)

AlpinResort - news133 for France (news101 outside of France). - this is the same discount as SNOWBALL

Skiset code sfnewsletter - be quick that code is supposed to expire today. - this is the best code for Skiset that I've seen this year (17% discount). But skiset is still too expensive (more expensive than competition, and much more expensive than last year). Plus, them being evil and all that, ...

All discounts quoted are relative to the "xx% internet discount for everyone without any codes" normal prices.
snow conditions
@HumptyDumpty, glad they helped. I have found that one best for Val Thorens in April as well. Though haven’t booked anything yet. Didn’t actually try skiset (on account of them being evil and all).
ski holidays
I wish we booked in April, too. I bet it will be colder in April, than it is now LOL

and there were some amazing bargains in December in VT. But we thought we'd go in January, when there is more snow.... Well, there is indeed more snow now LOL
snow report
sorry, off-topic
snow report
HumptyDumpty wrote:
sorry, off-topic

Have you looked at the bashes in April (under snow events).
ski holidays
well, I read quite a few pages of the forum discussions re bashes )
ski holidays
Just in case it helps anyone I booked some ski stuff through snowbrainer/sport 2000 and they sent me a discount code which will add some extra discount: AL2X9C. Probably will be less/the same as what you can get with others mentioned above though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy