Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spare space Xmas week?

Poster: A snowHead
I was due to spend Xmas with my now ex girlfriend, Mum has gone to Spain and kids are with their mum so I'm home alone Sad at Xmas so naturally, a ski trip would be the solution.
I'm male, 52, advanced / expert skier not looking to spend too much as I have four other weeks booked this season
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@tangowaggon, have you considered flangesax's place in Radstadt? I believe he may have a vacancy for Xmas week.I'll be there - I don't know whether that counts as a plus or minus to you... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did you keep the receipt for her Christmas present?

Sorry fella, couldn't resist.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zermattandchips wrote:

No problem, I dumped her before I bought any pressies Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tangowaggon wrote:
Zermattandchips wrote:

Then you should have plenty of cash to spend on the important stuff. Like another skiing holiday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ster wrote:
tangowaggon wrote:
Zermattandchips wrote:

Then you should have plenty of cash to spend on the important stuff. Like another skiing holiday.

Bl***y H*ll! Where can you get a skiing hol for £5 Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tangowaggon wrote:
ster wrote:
tangowaggon wrote:
Zermattandchips wrote:

Bl***y H*ll! Where can you get a skiing hol for £5 Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Dont know but if she was going to be happy with something for a fiver then you were a fool to dump her!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OK, back to topic.....where are you in the UK?

Can't believe that from our local airport, Southampton you can currently get a round trip with Easyjet to Geneva on 24th, returning 31st for around £55.

After that, the world is your oyster, but for budget, and given that the snow is so good everywhere, I'd think about Chalet Chardons in Tignes les Brevieres. They are being flexible on arrival dates and are showing chalet board for £299 that week.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm in Whitby so nowhere near any airport or anthing else useful but hoping to escape back to civilisation soon but that's another story.
I'd be looking for good company as much as good skiing, I'll look into the Tignes chalet and Alastairs suggestion this weekend, I've been doing 12hr days all week so I haven't had the physical or mental capacity to decide anything Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sj1608, thanks for the heads up on Chardons, It looks just like what I want, assuming that I am not the only one in there!!! but with 50 beds, it should be lively enough and people to ski with. Going to sleep on it tonight and probably book it tomorrow.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nearest airports to me are Leeds or Newcastle, cheapest sleazyjet fare is £211 inc skis +£30 fuel to the airport +£50 parking +£80 transfer from GVA = £371 and 6 days skiing

Bus to York £20, train from York - BSM £306, bus from BSM - Tignes £20 ~£350 and 8 days on skis, Anyone else on the overnight train?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tangowaggon wrote:
.. ~£350 and 8 days on skis,

Sounds arduous but worth it for 2 extra days!
Is it worth you driving?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@tangowaggon, Chardons has a great atmosphere, always been busy when we've been there. As you'll have seen they have other places at different budget levels, but the social action is in the original Chardons. Really friendly bunch, am sure you'll find people to ski with. And 8 days sounds good to me!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BOOKED Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Chardons for 7 nights from the 23rd, Train from Darlo
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@tangowaggon, now I'll feel very responsible for your Christmas......... wink
snow report
sj1608 wrote:
@tangowaggon, now I'll feel very responsible for your Christmas......... wink

It can't be any worse than staying at home.
snow report
@tangowaggon, maybe I should try to claim the £5 Christmas present........ Little Angel
snow conditions
@tangowaggon, sounds like it's all come together. Conditions should be excellent.
ski holidays
My tax bill came through the door as I was waxing my skis, about the cost of the week in Chardons less than I had planned for Very Happy
@Layne, I'm being a tad extravagant with my skiing this year (again) but with conditions like they are, it would be rude not to Very Happy already lined up to ski with another snowHead for a day or two but there should be plenty of victims in the chalet for me to tag along with.
ski holidays
Going out with the wife and two kids on Friday for a week. This will be our 9th week going out Christmas week or the week before. After good to great one's we've had three poor one's so it will be nice to halt that run!
ski holidays
Quote:

there should be plenty of victims in the chalet for me to tag along with.

@tangowaggon, You really need to stop thinking of ski buddies as victims Shocked wink I dread to think who got you to think in this sort of manner Very Happy
latest report
Matrski wrote:
Quote:

there should be plenty of victims in the chalet for me to tag along with.

@tangowaggon, You really need to stop thinking of ski buddies as victims Shocked wink I dread to think who got you to think in this sort of manner Very Happy

Probably something to do with Paulc1984 wittering on about the day I nearly turned him into a blue & red smear on the piste Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
So I've just looked at the prices there, I've had my christmas plans cancelled, and I have to say that I'm half tempted to join you

Even though I have no money (that's a problem for another time)
latest report
@tangowaggon, Time to get that big orange baby grow off the Norrona site then if you underestimated your tax. Plus, could you claim it as "waterproof outdoor wear" for those rainy "work" days outside. Happy
snow report
@GlasgowCyclops, My salopettes are Goretex and I bought them through my limited company as waterproof work wear, to get the VAT and tax back.

The other week I wore them on a job because I couldn't find my waterproof trousers... so it's all legit Very Happy
snow report
I'm very tempted to book a last min solo trip somewhere leaving this Sat
snow report
@blacksheep, do it, do it, jump! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I'm going to be sulking all Xmas as a result of dog care issues (I horgot to book the kennels far enough in advance) meaning I can't go skiing Crying or Very sad
Have a good trip @tangowaggon, I'll try not to hold it against you Twisted Evil
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@tangowaggon, I notice you're only encouraging him and not me Crying or Very sad

Don't worry I'm not coming. Even at those prices it's a grand with lift pass and flights and transfers and lunches which is a bit much for me right now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
@dp, sorry, nothing meant by it, you don't strike me as the sensitive type Confused You sore after I dissed your favourite planks? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@dp, Actually, looking back at the things you have said about gingers in the past, I do mean something by it, by all means take it personally Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Really enjoying my stay in Chalet Chardons Very Happy
snow report
@tangowaggon, phew!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
What a cracking week in Chalet Chardons! Perfect for me, easy going, social and friendly guests, only skied the first day on my own and fell asleep on a chairlift after not sleeping on the train!
Spent the rest of the week skiing with Andy aka Billy Whizz aka the terminator ( he does not stop!) Never skied with someone who can ski so well for so long. Also joined by other guests and the odd snowhead who were also broken by the terminator. Shocked 72 yr old Malcolm terminated by the trees

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy