Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Airline left us in Geneva!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Just returned from a great weeks skiing. We booked our self catered apartment direct with Val D tourist office and got a decent 4/6 person (4!) apartment and two espace killy ski passes for 530 euros (highly recommended!)

Hired a car via snowextras and opted to use an airline out of Birmingham to Geneva called Duo (it was more expensive than using Easy Jet into East Midlands but nearer to us)

HOWEVER.... 3pm yesterday whilst at the top of a ski run my parents called to say Duo had gone bust! Not at all worried by the news (does anything worry you at 2000m+ ?) my husband and I carried on making the most of our time on the slopes!!!

Since then, we've received no contact from Duo or their administrators to tell us our flight was cancelled & there was no one with any information at Geneva.

I know a lot of people book direct with low cost airlines via the net, maybe we were naive, but until today I assumed that ATOL or our Snowcard Annual Travel Insurance would cover us in such events....however we've discovered this isn't the case. I just thought this was worth sharing for any other unsuspecting snowheads! Does anyone know of any other travel insurance policies that help in this situation?

The good news is we managed to get a flight back with Easy Jet for about £75 each....

The really good news is that we had a wonderful week in the mountains that even the collapse of our airline and consequent loss of one day couldn't ruin!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Airline Failure Insurance £3 per passenger - does exactly what it says on the tin!

Sorry to hear about that LJ, what a nasty end to a holiday!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Always pay by credit card. It sometimes costs an extra couple of quid (i.e. with easyjet), but if anything goes wrong, the credit card company are jointly liable therefore have to pay up.

Years ago a similar thing happened to my parents - just before they were due to fly out to Paris. The credit card co. payed up in full.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just an aside, but a collegue of mine was due to fly with them yesterday on business and only discovered the news when he got to the airport!
It's such a shame because they were a good airline which I've used on many occasions.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that LJ (read about Duo in the paper yesterday though). I'd always assumed that ATOL/ABTA would get you back somehow - or at least insurance. Thanks for pointing that out...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy