Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flexibility/strength strange tests.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Couple of things I noticed whilst rehabbing my knees.

Can you can bite your own toenails (whilst still attached to your toes)? Seated would be normal.

Can you get up off the floor, usually from a cross legged position, fully seated to standing, without using your hands at all?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Grizzler, it’s been a while on the toe nails, plus I can’t even sit cross legged without using my hands Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grizzler wrote:
Can you can bite your own toenails (whilst still attached to your toes)? Seated would be normal.

Yes I can, but I'm not sure that normal is a good description Toofy Grin
Although probably more normal than biting someone else's.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes to both, just.

I'm surprised by how some 'fit' people that I know lack flexibility. A guy at work tried to touch his toes the other day and barely got to his shin. He runs regularly and probably weighs half of what I do, but for me it's quite easy. Although I still want more flexibility and have recently started doing yoga (fairly sporadically) and really noticed a difference almost immediately...might be alll in the mind though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No. Short legs and "long" back; no chance.

Yes. It's very easy; am I missing something?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not tried that exactly, but I can still get my foot over my head (not round my neck though), so I guess it’s possible.

Yes. I realised I could do this whilst holding a baby in a crowded room. I needed to sit after a while, but there were no chairs and nowhere to put the baby. The trick is to cross your feet first. Getting up is just the reverse.

Anyone who wants a way to improve strength and flexibility but doesn’t fancy yoga, try climbing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Scarlet, I have a vision of you holding a baby in a crowded room with your foot over your head... wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thinking about balance and arm position when skiing, if you try to stand up from sitting on a soft chair, it’s much easier if you have your hands well out in front of you.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Grizzler wrote:
Couple of things I noticed whilst rehabbing my knees.

Can you get up off the floor, usually from a cross legged position, fully seated to standing, without using your hands at all?

No, thats a lifetime goal. Flexion in the ACL's left knee doesn't allow it, ,but it was getting wayyyyy better before the most recent reinjury after working a LOT on it this summer... rolling eyes #startagain #newkneeplease
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can’t say I’ve ever tried to bite my toenails so I don’t really know.

Touching toes easy, also hands flat on floor with legs straight.

Sitting down and standing up without using hands again easy. On a good day, sitting on floor to standing using one leg only Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Chamcham, sounds uncomfortable Laughing

Touching my toes is something I’ve always found difficult. I can just about do it, but I wonder if some people have a physiological advantage over others, or is it entirely down to flexibility? As @Mosha Marc mentioned, men often seem to have shorter legs and longer torsos, where women are the opposite – my own logic suggests therefore that men should find this easier, but I may be way off on that.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Scarlet, I'd agree, I can just about get my palms to the floor.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can on both feet - one leg I can almost get behind my head because the knee is such a mess it bends in weird ways.
I can - because the good knee supports the bad knee so much, I have a lot of power in it. my bad knee - you can forget it. It wont even support me standing up if I bend at the knee on the one leg!
I can still touch my toes & i'm 16 1/2 st 5ft 9inch
Going to shed the winter timber after xmas ready for snow trip.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PowderAdict wrote:
Sitting down and standing up ..... On a good day, sitting on floor to standing using one leg only

My sore knees hate you with a passion only they can dream of Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy