Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

wide feet in racing boot?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i had a lange xt 25.5, punched to 102 last from 98.
recently i found it s not stiff enough for me, in the afternoon i will need to really buckle up the boots in order to stop my feet swimming inside the boots.

yesterday i have tryed a 26.5 head rs 120. i really like the heel hold feel, there s two pressure point, the six toe, the muscle underneath ankle(dont the the name).
here s my question should i buy a narrow boot and punch it out? ( if i buy i would by 25)

i tryed different brand i can only find heel hold feel in lange and head

my feet s measurements: 260 lengths. 106 wide.
155lb 170 tall
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It sounds like you have difficulty finding boots that are a proper fit and on that basis alone I'd suggest that you really need to find a good bootfitter rather than ask for advice on a forum.

You're also bringing up boot stiffness and boot fit in the same context which is confusing. As is the mention of pressure points in a size 26.5 and then saying you'd buy in a size 25.0.

Personally I wouldn't buy a boot on heel hold and then mess around with the rest of it to try and get a good fit. A good fitting boot can be adjusted in many ways including improving the heel hold.

Just my thoughts as I'm not a bootfitter but if I had the problems you do I know I'd be going about it differently.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kekekuan, you can always make a tight boot bigger. It's way more difficult (impossible?) to make a loose boot tighter.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ha, the reson i try a 26 is i am not i a hardcore mode finding new boots, i just randomly saw it and put it on.

i have seen a few boot fitter, the reson i ask is most of them will put me in a wide last boot, they are comfort but i cant feel i am connected.

that two pressure points are what most boot fitter will tell me i need to work on even in a wide boots they recommend to me. so when ever i try on new boots i will mainly only allow that two places have presure instead of other places.

i ask on this forum is to see is there any risk to punch out that much amount on head raptor boots? can the material hold up or even can it be done.

why not all the boot fitter start from narrow boots to achieve a tighter fit, isnt it to much work or there other factors. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kekekuan, not putting words in their mouths but I think the fitters round here would put you in an appropriate shell then work from there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You’re confusing flex / stiffness with fit. A bad fitting boot with always feel unconnected regardless of whether it’s a race boot or not.

Find a good boot fitter who can fit you in the appropriate boot rather than just chasing a stiffer boot.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Personally I wouldn't buy a boot on heel hold and then mess around with the rest of it to try and get a good fit. A good fitting boot can be adjusted in many ways including improving the heel hold.

I was used the impression the heal cup is the most important bit the rest can be ground/puched/stretched etc as long as it's about there
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy