Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Purely Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if any of you lovely snow heads had traveled with a company called Purely Meribel and what your experiences with them were
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think your holiday will be with Purely Meribel, you may pay them but they'll just take commission or similar on the sale. The underlying company will be what matters and that could be one of a number of businesses from what I could tell when I looked a few weeks ago.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never travelled with them, but some of the information on their website is a bit odd:

- Piste maps and lift pass prices a few years out of date
- Carry "Sneakers" for extra energy. And a compass.
- They show availability in chalets operated by other companies - when those companies say they are full. Shocked (If you are attracted to particular accommodation mentioned on their website I would google it to find the actual operator / TO and check their website first).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ecureuil, On your third point, I have had hotel bookings with another intermediary who we used 3 or 4 times, when the hotel site showed full. Am I wrong to think that some/most hotels 'sell' rooms to outside agencies at the start of the year? Noted your other odd points though.

CG
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Charliegolf, you may be right. The examples I spotted were for chalets, which I think are generally leased / owned by another TO for the full season - as it gets a bit awkward with their staff otherwise. It is possible that Purely Meribel have block-booked rooms from other TOs and are now trying to sell them on - although that seems a risky strategy. With 170+ chalets on their website it looks more likely that they are just advertising almost every chalet in the resort; but that they don't have automatic links to the other TOs' booking systems and are slow at monitoring / updating availability. Monitoring that number of chalets, plus a number of hotels and apartments, must be almost a full time job - particularly at this time of year when availability will change daily.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ecureuil, Point taken...

CG
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy