Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Direct Line insurance ok?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Direct line home insurance provides 'free' worldwide travel insurance with winter sports cover. Anyone like to comment on the pros and cons of this versus dedicated travel insurance. Has anyone claimed on Direct Line and how well did they handle things? Incidentally, this 'free' cover as part of the home insurance plus policy is the same as the policy you can buy separately from them.

I know about pre-existing conditions being excluded btw.

Any experiences?

TIA
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My car was broken into a couple of years back near Annecy and everything was taken, passports, bags, money, cards(stupid leaving it all I know).
Not directly linked to skiing I know but DL were great when it came to getting back my losses including cash in wallets etc. They also accepted photos as proof of ownership for items that I didn't have receipts for.
I was really impressed as I'd always thought any insurance company would do anything to avoid paying out, not Direct line it seems!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@wallport, what does the winter sports cover say?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So, in common with other travel policies with a section covering winter sports that I have seen, the winter sports section covers loss of equipment, lost days of skiing etc. It does not mention, for example, medical rescue off the slopes etc. However, as I say, other policies did not specifically mention this either but it was covered as part of the general policy.

I'm guessing that I'm not the only one on this forum who uses Direct Line for home insurance and others must have considered using the free travel cover for a ski holiday.

TIA

Graham
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@wallport, I use, but haven't claimed, somewhere in there it does intimate piste rescue is covered, I phoned to check and it is covered. Off piste is with a Guide - I'm taking my SiL who is a Guide...... In fact she was a Girl Guide Commisioner in Kent Toofy Grin wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing

...but thanks as that does mean that you at least consider it to be OK for Ski insurance. Anyone else?

Anyone claimed?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's 7 or 8 years ago, but we were with Direct Line when Mrs Sinner's rented skis got nicked from outside a restaurant in Plagne Soleil.
They paid out in full without question, even though the small print said unattended sports equipment wasn't covered.
StS
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@wallport, I'm not entirely sure how Direct Line make any money as they appear to be working within the spirit of the policy rather than the small print.

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2966778
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy