Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any recent intel from Banff?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
May get 1-1/2 days before a biz trip there soon. How’s it looking?

Also anyone have any idea about shipping skis back to Usa from Calgary? May not look good lugging skis into meetings? Rentals likely, but wouldn’t mind the option of using my boards.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cant help on the ski front but the slopes were in great condition over new year. Looking on twitter Sunshine seems to have had around 40cm of fresh snow over the past 7 days.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I skied Sunshine this morning. Conditions aren't bad. We've had high winds this last week, which hasn't been great for the runs off the top of Goats Eye and Divide. South Side Chutes and Delirium yet to open.

But on the plus side, the temperatures have been warmer this month than they were over Christmas. Not too warm though, so no major melt.

Could do with more snow, but I'd say worth a trip from Calgary if you're out this way.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Louise site says they had 25cm over the last week.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Joules2210, thanks for intel. ill Definitely try and get to Banff as I am in Calgary anyway. I noticed a shuttle (can’t recall who runs it) that has decent priced day to kicking horse. It’s a bit of a drive, but at least I’m not doing the driving. That of course reduced one (of only 2 days for the “big 3”). Any feeling about schlepping it out to KH?, it’s kinda Been in my bucket list, although so has Lake Louise and sunshine, so one of the Banff resorts would need to remain unfulfilled.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kicking horse is fantastic, but I wouldn't recommend it for a day trip from Banff. It doesn't make sense travelling that far when you have lake Louise and sunshine far closer (forget about norquay). Also the road over the pass can get closed on that road so you could end up stuck in golden or waiting around for it to open on the way out from banff. Also kicking horse is not really a great mountain for a single day IMO (lots of hike to terrain, lift setup means going down to the gondola most laps, lack of signs and useless piste map means you are on your own on the ridges for finding which cute to drop). Its not that you will have a bad day there, its just the kind of resort that you get a lot more out of once you know how things work and explore a bit. If you can get a guide and are happy doing skiing 9000m+vertical plus 30mins total hiking on top of that it could wwork. Although lake Louise and sunshine make more sense just from a practical point.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy