Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cutting skins for Fisher Rangers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have new set of skins to cut for my skis but have a question regarding the front top of the ski.
The Rangers have large curved tip with around 20cms from the tip back to the point where the ski flattens out. The tip widens slightly at about 10 cms back from the tip before narrowing down.
I was wondering where should I taper the front cut to as it seems quite a long way back to where the instructions are showing.

Any help will be greatly received.

Kev
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@drunken rock monkey, The general approach is to mount the uncut skins from the tip centrally down the ski and attach the tail clip if they have one, and then trim the skins in place, assuming they came with an edge trimming tool.

Edge to edge coverage is important under foot, but the rockered section at the front is less important as there is limited snow contact.

Which skins do you have, width/length and which skis width/length?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a set of colltex 140mm.
I'm pretty confident with the overal fitting of them it was just the rocker section that I wanted to check about.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, taper them. Cut the taper before you cut the skins to width. Cut the taper from next to the tip loops to the widest part of the tip. This is exactly as detailed in the Colltex instructions rolling eyes wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers guys.
The Colltex instructions I have tells me to cut to the contact point which was what I was questioning.

Syderjon
I ordered a pair of dynafit Crampons the other day from you. Turned up next day so that is for the great service.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My son cut his Colltex skins for his 4frnt Hojis today. He reported no problems. Have pics, but don't know how to upload them to this site. Confused
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
drunken rock monkey wrote:
Cheers guys.
The Colltex instructions I have tells me to cut to the contact point which was what I was questioning......

The contact point is usually the widest part of the tip or so close it makes no difference.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy