Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go this year?

Poster: A snowHead
So, people, I am looking at holidays and where to go this year on a fairly small budget (£650ish).

In 2016 I went to Mayrhofen and loved it and last year I went to Borovets and although it was limited in the number of different runs it was good fun (and cheap).

WOrst case I would go back to Borovets but I would like to go somewhere else but don't want to be paying massive bucks or paying 8euro a pint.

I think end of Feb first week of March what would you recommend?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What do you want for your £650? Hire, lift pass & lessons?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have all my own board and stuff, just need lift pass, flight and accommodation included
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This year we're doing Morzine for £710
Accommodation through Airbnb for £350 each (2 bedroom apartment 5 minute walk to the lifts and centre)
Easyjet flights for £65 return with luggage (appreciate this may have now gone up)
Transfers for £75
Lift pass £220

If there's four of you then obviously the accommodation price can be split four ways making it cheaper.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 5-12-17 12:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow that sounds good, I am a lone wolf on this trip but I will look up Airbnb
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@KernowRed, flight from Bristol to Salzburg with Easyjet is £72 return for 24/2 to 3/3, and then you have Flachau/Wagrain within an hour, or SkiWelt/Zell/Kaprun/Saalbach-Hinterglemm within 90 minutes by car or taxi. For a small budget, I'd be looking at transfer by shared coach, public bus service or train, then a pension on the edge of town. Lift pass for a week will be ~€250, HolidayShuttle to Saalbach is €84 return, and accommodation in a pension can be had via http://www.saalbach.com/en/ for around €350 for that week, e.g. St. Rupert in Hinterglemm is offering a single room with shower in a central location and with breakfast at that price. €684 is currently £573, so plus £72 for the flight and I am under your budget by £5. Plus the cost of transporting your board, at £70 on Easyjet, and I am £65 over. Look further out or in other locations, and you can get a pension for €280.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm on a budget and am driving to Morzine HB accommodation in a Chalet for 3 of us is £1259 so just lifts passes, lunches, petrol, road tolls and Ferry and you are talking £2500 - to be fair though I've only booked this today so not bad for last minute and over New year.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I agree Austria is good value. I fly to Salzburg Feb/March, return transfer €70 to soll. Small guest house booked with tourist board is €266 for week bnb plus flight and ski pass.
You can get cheap flights to Munich and get train.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have always used a provider, but this looks really good.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’ve just booked Morzine, Xmas week, half board in the Viking for £310 each inc flights and transfers. Booked lift passes online direct and saved a packet on the kids. All in for four of us <£2k plus ski hire for her and the kids.

Can’t afford not to go at that price.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Where did you book that?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Crystal *coughs and hopes there's no disasters*
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Didn't know Crystal did Morzine. Just looked at the Hotel Viking and its in a stunning location overlooking the town but you'll have to get the lift down for some nightlife in the evenings. (probably not an issue with the kids) Not sure what time the lift runs until. (Actually, just spotted it.... 8.45am-8pm and until 2am on Tue, Thu and Sat.)

If you want to ski over on the Avoriaz side of the PDS you'll need to get the lift down and the noddy train across if the Super Morzine Bubble is working. If not the bus over to the Prodains lift.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I go to Morzine every year with a big group of lads so know it really well. It will be nice to show my kids the area and take them up the Swiss Wall because my photos don’t do it justice.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I had a really good last night and although some of the self-build packages are very good, I have found that crystal can offer some cracking deals. I used them for Mayrhofen and they well exceeded my expectation.

I will keep looking around but if anyone knows of any other places or routes that reasonable then let me know.
snow conditions
Has any ever been to St Johann in Tyrol, Austria whats it like?
snow conditions
@KernowRed,

Look at the lavachet lodge with Tignes chalet company. I've stayed with them before and it's a fab place to meet people or Chalet Chardons down in Tignes le Brev.

Tignes is a great ski area and both those half-board accommodation providers are a great way to do Tignes on a budget.

They can sort your ski pass and a 'shared' transfer too if you get yourself a budget flight to Geneva.

Tignes 10/10 for ski area
ski holidays
Currently I am finding it cheapest to book with crystal ski.

Where else could I try? We are mainly now looking at Austria
ski holidays
italy
ski holidays
scotspikey wrote:
italy

Thanks for that, but what I meant was who to book through.

I looked at doing self booking but it works out way more, even back when it was mentioned. Mainly due to £72 flight coming out at about £200 by the time you add a board and luggage.
snow conditions
Have you checked Inghams and Ski Total?
ski holidays
@KernowRed, you don't need a suitcase. Most folk can get everything you need for a week in a board bag and hand luggage. Just pack your clothes in board bag too and boots in hand luggage.
ski holidays
Sauze d'Oulx, Italy.
latest report
speachmaus wrote:
@KernowRed, you don't need a suitcase. Most folk can get everything you need for a week in a board bag and hand luggage. Just pack your clothes in board bag too and boots in hand luggage.

It still adds loads as there are taxes and board carriage.
ski holidays
@KernowRed, if you go a package deal you need to pay extra for your board bag anyway so you will pay for it whichever you choose.
Unless you fly with Swiss or Lufthansa on classic fare it gives you free carriage. I believe eurowings does too but I haven't used them before
snow report
I know but it worked out cheaper overall with a package deal.
snow conditions
@KernowRed, fair enough. Might be worth waiting and getting last minute package deal.
ski holidays
True although Andorra is looking cheap. Not sure what it's like?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Andorra is excellent for intermediates, though not amazing for experts apparently. How good are you?
latest report
I have a season in NZ, 6 weeks in japan, week in Austria and 1 in borovets.

I am fairly experienced but like my mellow hubby runs
latest report
@KernowRed, in answer to your earlier question, St Johann in Tirol is a beautiful village. The hill is low, but they have lots of snow right now. We have friends who live there. They’re plastering Facebook with pleasant photos.
snow report
Thanks for the advice
latest report
Try Igluski?

https://www.igluski.com/ski-holidays/ski-holidays-2018?infinity=ict2~net~gaw~ar~190778722213~kw~igluski~mt~e~cmp~Brand~ag~Brand&gclid=Cj0KCQiAp8fSBRCUARIsABPL6JacilLMdHgBthYtNF-2brSIaQx5RX6Zy5cTIpTCh_PTVUdRFN3K-yYaAp6MEALw_wcB

Mark Warner are doing some deals at the moment as well, and they're not charging for solo occupancy in some hotels.
ski holidays
Orange200 wrote:
Andorra is excellent for intermediates, though not amazing for experts apparently. How good are you?

Good summary. There are some hard runs here, but you have to go look for them.

Most runs otherwise will be red or blue.

Arcalis is overall great, but is out of the way and you have to rely on the skibus to get there.

Other resorts are pretty much what Orange200 said.
snow conditions
Well thanks to all your comments, we finally decided on Andorra mainly on price.

£530 all in, halfboard (Jan 28th)

We are a little bit out of the way from Arinsal but both of us are there to board not party. Let the snow adventure begin, i will keep you all posted on how i got on.
ski holidays
KernowRed wrote:
We are a little bit out of the way from Arinsal but both of us are there to board not party. Let the snow adventure begin, i will keep you all posted on how i got on.

Where are you staying?
snow conditions
Hotel Palarine in Arinsal, Andorra
snow report
KernowRed wrote:
Hotel Palarine in Arinsal, Andorra

No problem. There are two bus stops nearby . Take the Freebus from there to either Arinsal or Arcalis (or to La Massana and take the gondola to Pal from there).

Freebus schedule is here -> https://all-andorra.com/free-bus-schedule-vallnord-andorra-ski-resort.

You can also take the L5 or M1 us to Arinsal or La Massana from there.
ski holidays
Yeah, I looked into this and it seems well placed in between the three. To be fair I am looking to go to Arcalis or Pal on the first day or so.

Thanks for the heads up though
snow report
Enjoy!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy