Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go this year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, people, I am looking at holidays and where to go this year on a fairly small budget (£650ish).

In 2016 I went to Mayrhofen and loved it and last year I went to Borovets and although it was limited in the number of different runs it was good fun (and cheap).

WOrst case I would go back to Borovets but I would like to go somewhere else but don't want to be paying massive bucks or paying 8euro a pint.

I think end of Feb first week of March what would you recommend?
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What do you want for your £650? Hire, lift pass & lessons?
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have all my own board and stuff, just need lift pass, flight and accommodation included
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This year we're doing Morzine for £710
Accommodation through Airbnb for £350 each (2 bedroom apartment 5 minute walk to the lifts and centre)
Easyjet flights for £65 return with luggage (appreciate this may have now gone up)
Transfers for £75
Lift pass £220

If there's four of you then obviously the accommodation price can be split four ways making it cheaper.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 5-12-17 13:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow that sounds good, I am a lone wolf on this trip but I will look up Airbnb
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@KernowRed, flight from Bristol to Salzburg with Easyjet is £72 return for 24/2 to 3/3, and then you have Flachau/Wagrain within an hour, or SkiWelt/Zell/Kaprun/Saalbach-Hinterglemm within 90 minutes by car or taxi. For a small budget, I'd be looking at transfer by shared coach, public bus service or train, then a pension on the edge of town. Lift pass for a week will be ~€250, HolidayShuttle to Saalbach is €84 return, and accommodation in a pension can be had via http://www.saalbach.com/en/ for around €350 for that week, e.g. St. Rupert in Hinterglemm is offering a single room with shower in a central location and with breakfast at that price. €684 is currently £573, so plus £72 for the flight and I am under your budget by £5. Plus the cost of transporting your board, at £70 on Easyjet, and I am £65 over. Look further out or in other locations, and you can get a pension for €280.
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm on a budget and am driving to Morzine HB accommodation in a Chalet for 3 of us is £1259 so just lifts passes, lunches, petrol, road tolls and Ferry and you are talking £2500 - to be fair though I've only booked this today so not bad for last minute and over New year.
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I agree Austria is good value. I fly to Salzburg Feb/March, return transfer €70 to soll. Small guest house booked with tourist board is €266 for week bnb plus flight and ski pass.
You can get cheap flights to Munich and get train.
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have always used a provider, but this looks really good.
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’ve just booked Morzine, Xmas week, half board in the Viking for £310 each inc flights and transfers. Booked lift passes online direct and saved a packet on the kids. All in for four of us <£2k plus ski hire for her and the kids.

Can’t afford not to go at that price.
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Where did you book that?
latest report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Crystal *coughs and hopes there's no disasters*
snow conditions     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Didn't know Crystal did Morzine. Just looked at the Hotel Viking and its in a stunning location overlooking the town but you'll have to get the lift down for some nightlife in the evenings. (probably not an issue with the kids) Not sure what time the lift runs until. (Actually, just spotted it.... 8.45am-8pm and until 2am on Tue, Thu and Sat.)

If you want to ski over on the Avoriaz side of the PDS you'll need to get the lift down and the noddy train across if the Super Morzine Bubble is working. If not the bus over to the Prodains lift.
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I go to Morzine every year with a big group of lads so know it really well. It will be nice to show my kids the area and take them up the Swiss Wall because my photos don’t do it justice.
snow report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I had a really good last night and although some of the self-build packages are very good, I have found that crystal can offer some cracking deals. I used them for Mayrhofen and they well exceeded my expectation.

I will keep looking around but if anyone knows of any other places or routes that reasonable then let me know.
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy