Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking in Resort (La Plagne)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this, I've tried contacting the tourist office and the parking company, but they are not answering their phones.

We're planing our first total self catering skiing holiday, everything has been sorted, except the parking in resort, looking to book online, the prices seem to be per hour or per day.

We plan to arrive in resort around on a Saturday around 11am and leave the following Saturday after 5pm - so just wondering if anyone has experience with parking lots in resort, if we book Saturday to Saturday, are they going to expect us to leave at 11am, since we arrived at the parking lot at 11am initially?

Or since we booked from Saturday to Saturday they won't care as long as we leave the parking lot on the Saturday?

Thanks in advance,
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JBean, Hi!

Which village within La Plagne is your accommodation located in?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@chopkins13, Hi

In Plagne Centre
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmm yeah there's not a massive amount of parking in Plagne Centre itself from memory. I know Plagne villages has a big open air car park but that's a hop on the telebus. I'm trying to recall if there's an underground/multi story car park there but I don't think there is. Weekly rates in Belle Plagne as an example are €70.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A quick google suggests there is in fact a car park in Plagne centre called the Boulevard. It's €65 a week, see details here:

http://www.parkinglaplagne.com/sags/sejour_1.php

Suggests it's permenantly full via the online booking system which won't be true, though it could be block reserved for certain tour operators or apartment owners. Best bet is to telephone the tourist office, they speak good English in my experience.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
THanks, I did saw it was full, but good tip, will call the tourist office Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JBean, Have you checked with your accommodation provider? If they do not have any parking they may well help you with where some is. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Virtually all the parking in Plagne Centre has been dug up or ‘changed’ (read reduced) over the summer. So you may find it to be a bit of a challenge this season depending on the week you are coming out

I’m happy to try and help if I can (I live in Centre) but we’ve lost probably 80% or more of the street parking!

Another option may be to look at the parking in Bellecote if you won’t need the car during the week. You can get a bus back from Bellecote to Centre quite easily and it’s the same bus to get there. Which is free. I don’t know the cost of parking over there tho

I’ll try and find the email address I used to contact the Boulevard parking people earlier. Will pm it when I find it
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chaletgirl, Would Villages be easier and get the Yoghurt pots back to centre?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Possibly. Would depend on the week. I lived in Villages two seasons ago and in busy weeks, parking was tough. And you can't book anything. If @JBean can book a space in Bellecote, that might be the best as it will be a reserved space

If its a quiet week, then Villages is definitely an option

@JBean - if you let me know the week, I might be able to help by moving my own van out of the Boulevard to free parking for a week. Let me know when, PM if you like?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy