Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap flights to Japan

Poster: A snowHead
Just booked my flights to Japan for the winter, as I'm working the dates are not the cheapest I can find but for GVA to TOK (I'm sure flying out of the UK can't be a lot more)

Cheapest €463 - Air China

Mine €570 (I'm fussy about times of day because of what I have to do when I get there) - KLM

Though I'd post these up in case anyone Fancies deep snow and Sushi over lift ques and Tartiflete (although I will miss my Tartiflette)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My methodology for searching for flights is use www.skyscanner.net with my browser set to incognito mode (so the airlines can't track me and bump my prices next visit).
I play around with country of residence. For me I live in France, I fly form Switzerland and I'm going to Japan so I try all of those.
Weirdly keeping my country of residence as France is best?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Idris, tracking is more clever than that Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You will love the onsen (and the snow - and the food - and ......)
Finnair is good too usually. Might not fly from GVA though.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 2-12-17 11:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton wrote:
@Idris, tracking is more clever than that Happy

For this process it works fine. I tried the same price check a couple of times over a day, Chrome incognito always returned the same price, without saw a 30% change over the day on some websites!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My daughter managed to get a ticket for under 350 English pounds return with 2 ski and 2 boot (youth under 25 years) with Finnair. Cph to NRT ( she is only 42 kg - may be that made the difference.) Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flying from the UK is always more expensive - air tax (and prices) is/are a rip off here. Not snow related but a few years back I went to Cape town. Took a £20 flight to Barcelona, then "started" my journey with BA, back to Heathrow and on to Cape Town. I think it was £650 (booked week before hand in Dec). If had booked the exact same flight starting at LHR it would have been £1600...ridiculous! On the way back I just left the airport at HR. Only works with hand luggage though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Idris, Get yourself some VPN software and you can be from wherever you want to be, and no one can track you Very Happy

The best option for cheap flights is to have loads of airmiles paid for by someone else on business flights. I'm flying BA/JAL on London - Tokyo - Sapporo, in Business both ways for the long leg for £575 Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Leave days agreed with work, so time to hunt for cheap flights to Hokkaido, Japan!
Instead of a creating another thread for my questions around that topic, i thought i would rejuvenate this one!

Basically, looking at the last week of Jan 2019. London to Sapporo at the right times is on the pricey side (nearly 700 GBP total, with ANA or JAL on tokyo-sapporo leg), so thinking of booking London to Tokyo for now (450/500) and wait for the low cost airlines to open their bookings. I heard about about Vanilla Air and Peach.

- Is it worth waiting? Do we know when those two airlines open their winter schedules? can I realistically get a return tokyo-sapporo under 100 GBP? I'll be flying with my gear and the london to tokyo options are currently ANA, Air France, Turkish Airlines, JAL. Most of those get to Narita from what I see. Just saying that because I would have to collect luggage and potentially change terminals, etc...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Worth looking st Lufthansia, they don't charge for skis.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cedrick wrote:
Leave days agreed with work, so time to hunt for cheap flights to Hokkaido, Japan!
Instead of a creating another thread for my questions around that topic, i thought i would rejuvenate this one!

Basically, looking at the last week of Jan 2019. London to Sapporo at the right times is on the pricey side (nearly 700 GBP total, with ANA or JAL on tokyo-sapporo leg), so thinking of booking London to Tokyo for now (450/500) and wait for the low cost airlines to open their bookings. I heard about about Vanilla Air and Peach.

- Is it worth waiting? Do we know when those two airlines open their winter schedules? can I realistically get a return tokyo-sapporo under 100 GBP? I'll be flying with my gear and the london to tokyo options are currently ANA, Air France, Turkish Airlines, JAL. Most of those get to Narita from what I see. Just saying that because I would have to collect luggage and potentially change terminals, etc...

My missus flew with Air France, KLM, JAL from Birmingham to Sapporo for £450 return last January.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Cedrick, I'm looking to go around the same time, I've been told that BA have a flight sale in early/mid September most years.......
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Cedrick, thanks for the tips about Air Vanilla and Peach. Looking at the Peach website though, they don’t seem to fly from Tokio to Chitose-Sapporo?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sadly the flights seem a lot more expensive this year than last.
I got a Cathay Pacific flight to Chitose through Hong Kong in Jan this year for £540.
For the same time next season the best I could do was Lufthansa via Frankfurt and Tokyo for £710.
I could have got a one stop Air China flight for around £500 but that was with a 35hr travel time!
The trip is so catastrophic for the constitution of an old git lit me I try to make it as short as possible ..... especially as I am flying to Canada for another trip a few days after I get back. The Lufthansa travel time is around 19 hrs.
I too am 'fussy about times of day because of what I have to do when I get there' mainly due to transfer times. This bumped the price up a bit .... but not by much.
I would always suggest using the Momondo website as it seems the best of the comparison sites.
I looked at BA but their flight times sadly didn't suit at all.
Good luck!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dates?
snow conditions
If you are planning on flying long haul try and book 12 down to 11 1/2 months ahead, the flights can be ridiculously cheap and there is a better chance of using AVIOS or similar reward schemes towards the cost particularly for long haul.
snow conditions
@Themasterpiece, Most Peach flights are from their Osaka base. They do not fly Tokyo-Sapporo.
@Cedrick, As of today Peach say they have the winter schedule up, but........patience! Vanilla show flights up to Jan 5th. Under 100GBP? well, with no luggage!
@FoofyNoo, have you considered Europe-Asia-Canada-Europe?

@Mike Pow, yup KLM is a pretty good deal. Finnair and SAS also have cheapish flights to Narita from time to time.

Jan 31st- Feb 11th (approx) domestic flight prices will rise during Sapporo's Snow Festival.
First snow of the season fell yesterday on Daisetsu-san. Hikers are regularly caught out by early snowfall, but not this early...one month! snowHead
snow conditions
Skycanner showing £601 for LHR-CTS 14-28 January for reference
ski holidays
@Cedrick, I just booked Return flights from Shannon (Ireland) to Sapporo with BA for €684, would have been under €600 but I wanted a later departure time. Might be worth a look on their website now.
ski holidays
Arent BA doing a "sale" at the moment.
ski holidays
@FFIRMIN, Yup, see my post 1 up and then about 8 up.
ski holidays
thank for the heads up @rogg, ! Booked mine too! just under £600 with BA, incl the connecting flight to Sapporo. decent price IMO and quite glad that I waited a couple of weeks. Well, i can now start to quietly boogie woogie my snow dance Smile Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy