Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Womens fully rockered powder skis

Poster: A snowHead
My wife is on 88mm all mountain skis for the majority of her skiing, but we do spend a lot of time chasing powder so she's looking for a full-on powder ski. There seem to be limited options that go short enough (she's 164cm) - definitely not fussed about pink, girly graphics but finding anything short enough in "mens" pow skis is the issue, with most starting at 177cm+. Most of the dedicated womens skis are much more all / big mountain focused with a combination of rocker and camber and this is really an out and out pow ski, so not looking for piste performance.

I've got Black Crows Noctas for the same reason, and while she doesn't need 122mm underfoot (and they don't go short enough anyway), the idea of a surfy, fully rockered ski just for deep days really appeals.

So far, about the only thing we can find is the Volkl Bash W. Any other suggestions out there?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
With a big rocker, you don't have to worry about the length as much, and you may as well forget buying a "women's ski". I am 163cm tall and use a 171 Whitedot Director Carbonlite, which are 107 underfoot.

Nordica Santa Anas are also a very nice ski, though I haven't tested them in powder. They are 100, so I think you could go wider.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Volk 100eight W in 157, 165, 173 , Full Rocker -ve camber.

ie here https://www.evo.com/skis/volkl-100eight-w-womens
https://www.voelkl.com/en-us/products/skis/freeride/100eight-w/

I have the BMT 109 on which it was based also full rocker which is excellent in everything other than powder where I personally find it a bit "flat" "dead" - I like the pop and playfulness on the rebound that camber gives. n.b the 98 is rocker/camber/rocker.

If you accept some camber then there is plenty to look at !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rossi sky 7? in 164cm
glisshop has the 2017 at 50% off - £220
https://www.glisshop.co.uk/alpine_ski/rossignol/sky_7_hd-102711.html?utm_source=googleShopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=flux&rt76=29-872&emkfid=EMF-12929621782-k--55622303662--s&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuIO3oLXm1wIVS7XtCh1PEQpEEAQYASABEgLG8_D_BwE
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Amongst snowheads I've seen several ladies rocking Whitedot Directors. It's quite a bendy ski so quite suited to less size and weight than some of their bigger models. And offered, IIRC, in fairly short lengths.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks - a bit to think about. Hadn't realised the 100Eight was fully rockered...

@jedster - the sky 7 is 50% piste / 50% off piste and only 98mm wide - definitely not a powder specific ski. Plus she use to have the wider original Soul 7s (albeit in the women's version - Savory I think they were called) and hated them wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dashed, JanetS uses 171 Directors, she is 167cm. Directors are also available in 161, often at a discount price.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@RobinS, but at 161 they'll be too short...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers - would be looking at around the 170cm mark I think, so 171 Directors would be about perfect. Lots of other stuff starts around 177cm - I understand the point about not worrying too much about length on rockered skis, but kick-turning something that long wouldn't be much fun for her!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You're talking consistent 60cm to 85cm plus, minimum of 55cm plus snow depth all the time, right................? By all means, get anything as wide as possible. Gotta get super wide. Wide is where it's at. Put down those old, outdated "skinny"80mm or less skis, they're worthless. Everyone in the know, knows it's impossible to ski in powder on any ski whose waist is less than 112mm. For real. Everyone knows that real powder snow (60mm and greater) abounds everywhere, at every station - resort throughout the entirety of winter. Piste is just a myth. Go uber wide all the time.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@arcsinice, nah, 20cm should do it. If you're getting the miles in, why not go for fun?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Doesn’t even warrant a response rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@arcsinice, bummer, just bought some 84mm touring skis, do you think they'll take them back if I show them this?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dashed, There aren't that many full rocker skis on the market anymore, which is a shame!

IMO ~10cms overhead is pretty spot on for a real full rocker ski - they really do ski a lot shorter. I get your point about kick turns (I've consistently down sized my touring skis for the same reason), but realistically how often (or for how long) will you be skinning with a big full rocker ski? I find the times when I do it's normally an easy ~30 min skin in or out the bottom of a line.

The Völkl Bashes should def be on your list - but be aware you can get the One (in men's or women's) which is exactly the same ski bar graphics for about €200 new. Could also look out for the older Kikus too.

Moment Bella's are also worth a look too. My gf loves hers, but she has the pre-full rocker version. Current ones here: https://www.momentskis.com/products/bella

4FRNT Hojis another option (I think the men's and women's are the same bar graphics and length options): https://4frnt.com/collections/big-mountain-skis/products/hojiw?variant=48033866643 I think Sport Conrad and possibly a couple of other German shops have them (or have stocked them and have them on sale).

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are options, though many might be from 3-4 seasons ago now (wouldn't let that put you off though!).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@clarky999, Those Bellas look very similar to the Directors in size and shape. I've not skied them though, so it's an armchair comparison.
ski holidays
Thanks Clarky- was hoping you’d be along with some views Very Happy

Definitely don’t want to go too short - she hated the old Soul 7s, partly because they were too short so around +10cms would probably be spot on. I think +13-15cms (which would open up most of the men’s powder skis) would just be too much.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy