Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to make the most of the current conditions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Head to the far end of Serre Chevalier valley, Monetier and ski the world class larch forest off the Crete des Lauzieres Cool

With avy risk at 4 though 3 lower down and many lifts shut along with demanding visibility Monetier is always a good call.

In fact it's where many guided groups from La Grave ski when La Meije is shut as was the case for me some twenty years ago!

Whilst only one chair was open that provides access to a fair number of pistes and one drag, and it was so empty this morning skiing untracked knee deep powder on the piste.

Then it was time to tackle the Crete des Lauzieres ridge hike which is quite arduous especially in deep fresh snow hence the reason I opted to do it mid morning as I saw a few local freeride dudes that I thought would have broken the first tracks and by the time we did it all of five people have been down.

There's a bit of a demanding section with steep drops either side before you get to the steep trees and then you can let yourself go but you have to be aware of the cliffs either side, so don't be too tempted by the untracked Toofy Grin

And unlike the trees where I was avalanched last season these are far safer.

And my OH has no issues in them even though they are pretty steep in places, as ever the camera never shows the true angle!

http://youtube.com/v/YGx3YS7SZ8M

There's a longer vid of skiing the nigh on empty pistes in the Serre reports thread.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice footage, lucky people!

Have skied Serre Che including Monetier but not in those fab conditions.
Notice no helmet, never worn one myself to date but have bought one for my next trip. U not tempted in the trees? Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy