Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buy your Portes du Soleil adult season pass at discounted rate before 30 November

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I asked SERMA and you do get the Verbier coupons, even if you’ve taken advantage of the free kids offer. I’m presuming that you can’t get coupons for the kids though. I didn’t realise you could get the Haute Savoie passes as well though, I thought that was only with the Morzine/Les Gets pass.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I picked up my pass at the SM office. Asked for the bons, and she gave me both sets (well I had to pay 1 or 2 euros for the H-S set). Maybe she made a mistake? She nearly gave me a second set for the free kids pass too, but her colleague stopped her rolling eyes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
polo wrote:
5 Verbier's is good, but the day trip will cost you more than you saved in the first place..
Not clear if you still get the PdS freebies with the discounted u26 pass

We went to Verbier the weekend before stuff opened in PDS ( mid November ) and the weekend after PDS closed, using the FREE** passes ( including the free ones for <26)
It took about 70 minutes each way (80 KM) and cost about 20 EUR in Diesel.
There were 5 of us, so at 4 EUR each, it worked out as a good deal for us.

I will be buying 2 adult + 3 <26 Pds Online later today ( 2 and a half grand - yikes ).
Last year we went to the Lac de Vonnes Office in November to collect the Days out Passes for Verbier and Altesch, does anyone know if you gan get these in Morzine or St Jean already.

**Of course they are not actually FREE. Rather - included with the purchase of a PdS pass.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@WindOfChange, According to Morzine Source, the Pleney office first opens on 24th November (prob weekends only to begin with I guess). Sorry I don't know if any other offices open any sooner.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@shep, Thanks - I'll have a phone around once the snow comes.
The issue we had last year was that we could not find a PdS office open early to get the tickets for Verbier.
I phoned Tourist Office in Chatel, and luckily they were doing staff training in the Lac de Vonnes Office, on Friday morning, so Mrs WoC went along the day before we went up to Verbier.
I might try the very French way and write to them. If I put the lift pass serial numbers in the letter and send them an SAE ( one for the kids ) then I can keep my fingers crossed to see If we get the days out passes early enough to go up to Verbier again.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I just spoke with Chatel Tourist Office, and the Lac De Vonnes ticket office is already open
Mon 9h-12h & 13h30-17h
Tue 9h-12h & 13h30-17h
Wed 9h-12h & 13h30-17h
Fri 9h-12h.
They will distribute the days out tickets on presentation of the 2018-19 PdS Season pass.
Hopefully will pick them up next week - then all we need is a bit of snow Smile

It's currently 26 C and very sunny.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@WindOfChange, I go to Verbier every year, and it costs me a lot more than 4 eur. But I am easily led astray with the nice restaurants, sushi / tapas isn't that popular in the PdS so it's the novelty of not eating a tartiflette every day and the holiday mind set takes over. And then there's the parking fines, motorway ticket (40)...and the Farinet nightclub (moth to flame). Much safer in somewhere like Morillon.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We generally only go up from La Chable, board for the day and have a quick beer at the bottom of the Merdan express on the way back to La Chable.
(Normally try and go a couple of times a year, but it takes 75 mins to get there, whereas Morzine is 20 mins, and La Chapelle 15)
Way back when ( before kids, responsibility etc..) there was a club in Verbier called the Farm, where I spent far too many evenings, and it wasn't cheap even then.
Le Bar in Morillon looks much more sedate Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy