Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bone a little sore on face after skiing fall.

Poster: A snowHead
I was skiing yesterday for my second time and I fell at quite a high speed on a blue slope in Ischgl.
Basically I lost control of side movements about 3/4 of the way down the slope.

I fell on my back and then tumbled on my side. I don't recall hitting my head off the ground.

At first I just felt some pain in my arm and when I stood up my legs were shaking.

In the evening time I began to feel pain in the side of my head (basically the bone between the ear and eye).

It hurts a little if I yawn or when eating.

I was wearing a helmet.

Should I get this checked out? It is 50 hours after the incident.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You were wearing a helmet, all will be fine

For maximum protection next time please ensure you wear a HiViz vest - those things Mike you invinsible Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Joking aside, always worth getting checked out if you are not sure

Either that or apply rule 5
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you go to A&E they will keep you in for 24 hour obs after a bang on the head. As you haven't died in the 50 hours in between you have a reasonable chance of survival. Toofy Grin

p.s. - Welcome to snowHeads.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes. When I hit a mogul slope a few years ago I remembered hitting the slope but not much else. As pain continued I went to hospital, who wondered if I had fractured eye socket. Turned out no but then diagnosed optical shingles, which impacted vision, to this day.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@richardgeo, how old are you, male or female. Is the bone sore or is it just muscle tension pain, is it uncomfortable when you bite down . . . AND are you at all dizzy?
If you have a persistent headache and are dizzy when you lay down or stand up after 50 hrs. You MANY have some concussion but it just sounds like you're overthinking a light tumble. Trust me, a broken bone in your head is very (big V) painful at the point of the break . . . Been there, got the dent and the lump and the dent on the other side of the lump Toofy Grin

Unexplained bruising/swelling, dizziness, hearing changes, yup a visit to the clinic is probably in order, otherwise relax.

I got mine slipping on a toilet floor and knocking myself out, takes a real thump to break a skull but if you're feeling unsure then go have your head examined Very Happy

Oh, and welcome to the nuthouse Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd certainly get it checked out, and perhaps it didn't happen during the fall, but could be closely related to it... Did you clench or grind your teeth as you fell, when bracing for impact? Or are you perhaps re-living the accident in your sleep, and tensing your jaw? People who wake with headaches or jaw pain may be unconsciously grinding teeth in the night - a bad fall could be just the kind of thing to trigger a few dreams of panic!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the comment.
I'm a male, 26 years old.
The bone is not sore, it might just be muscle pain.
The pain has reduced a bit.
It hurts occasionally when I eat, nothing serious. I am not dizzy at all.

Masque wrote:
@richardgeo, how old are you, male or female. Is the bone sore or is it just muscle tension pain, is it uncomfortable when you bite down . . . AND are you at all dizzy?
If you have a persistent headache and are dizzy when you lay down or stand up after 50 hrs. You MANY have some concussion but it just sounds like you're overthinking a light tumble. Trust me, a broken bone in your head is very (big V) painful at the point of the break . . . Been there, got the dent and the lump and the dent on the other side of the lump Toofy Grin

Unexplained bruising/swelling, dizziness, hearing changes, yup a visit to the clinic is probably in order, otherwise relax.

I got mine slipping on a toilet floor and knocking myself out, takes a real thump to break a skull but if you're feeling unsure then go have your head examined Very Happy

Oh, and welcome to the nuthouse Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't think I grinded my teeth as I fell.
I often over worry about health related things but I think I will make a visit to A&E tomorrow.

Amunah wrote:
I'd certainly get it checked out, and perhaps it didn't happen during the fall, but could be closely related to it... Did you clench or grind your teeth as you fell, when bracing for impact? Or are you perhaps re-living the accident in your sleep, and tensing your jaw? People who wake with headaches or jaw pain may be unconsciously grinding teeth in the night - a bad fall could be just the kind of thing to trigger a few dreams of panic!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@richardgeo, sounds like you'll be fine, but you might take the time to try and reduce your health anxieties . . . 'Cos getting older, especially at my sort of age, is defined by whatever doesn't hurt, doesn't work or just dribbles Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Haha this is funny!
I no longer feel any pain on that bone on my face. Maybe I am just being a bit anxious.

PaulC1984 wrote:
You were wearing a helmet, all will be fine

For maximum protection next time please ensure you wear a HiViz vest - those things Mike you invinsible Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Joking aside, always worth getting checked out if you are not sure

Either that or apply rule 5
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A mate of mine fell off his bike and got knocked out briefly. He debated whether to go to the hospital at all but the group he was with convinced him to go "just to be on the safe side". When he got scanned in the hospital, they found the injury wasn't bad that he would be fine.

But, they found a tumor in his brain! They took it out and he was back on the bike after some months.

Sometimes, unexplained pain might have a real cause.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@abc, I expect that's cheered the OP up no end.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Is it possible that a poorly fitted or loose helmet jarred the area and caused a little bruising?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Possibly. My ski instructor said the next day that it might have been that.

nelly0168 wrote:
Is it possible that a poorly fitted or loose helmet jarred the area and caused a little bruising?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
richardgeo wrote:
I no longer feel any pain on that bone on my face.

Were you in the Kitzloch drinking Williams last night? That usually make me forget any pains. And how to talk, walk, what the code to the hotel door is, etc.
snow report
@richardgeo, MTFU snowHead
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
@abc, I expect that's cheered the OP up no end.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Mjit wrote:
richardgeo wrote:
I no longer feel any pain on that bone on my face.

Were you in the Kitzloch drinking Williams last night? That usually make me forget any pains. And how to talk, walk, what the code to the hotel door is, etc.

I was plied with Williams in Germany 3 weeks ago, ended up sleeping up in hotel corridor as I locked myself out trying to find the loo and couldn't get back to reception. Finally made it to reception at about 6 am. Only way I know this is from the step count on my watch.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy