Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Packing for warm temps??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all, heading to Corvara on Saturday - can't wait. But I'm struggling to decide what to pack given the warm and sunny weather forecast! My ski jacket is quite warm but so are my normal base layers! So what's the answer? Lots of t-shirts?? Temps are forecasted to be max 8-10 degrees most days, but still looking fairly cold at night. Would be good to hear what others pack in these circumstances. I normally ski in Dec/January so this is not the norm for me.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wouldn't go out for a walk at home (UK) in a t-shirt at 8-10 degrees. Plus you're in the mountains so will be likely very changeable, add to that the wind chill, natural and from skiing, and you'll wish you had your ski jacket on in no time.

I was in VT last year in the Feb half term with the mini "heat-wave", which saw temps similar to what is forecast. I still had my base layers on with ski jacket and was never too hot/warm.

But I suppose its each to their own.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is why most people recommend shell jacket and ‘pants’. Layer up or down to suit.

Since you’re committed to a warm jacket, maybe some really thin non thermal synthetic base layers?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Roscoe, Yeah good point. I don't tend to ski "hot". I'll just probably leave my mid layers behind.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wouldn't leave anything behind as things can change - and change from day to day.

I don't change much when it's hot. Maybe take out one base layer. I have pit and inner thigh zips that are a big help.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you have any, base layers with a zip can help a lot with ad-hoc temperature regulation
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A shell jacket, ski pants and plenty of base layers, all breathable.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Take it all with you, though. Things can change. Absolutely no need to buy a shell jacket if you don't have one. It's much more pleasant skiing when it's not horribly cold!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Weather conditions and temperatures were similar in Le Grand Bornand yesterday and I was fine in my usual ski jacket + thinnish jumper + t-shirt combo. I don't bother with any fancy sport underlayers or anything.

On fully sunny slopes I might stick the jumper in my rucksack. Apart from that, I could make micro-adjustments by opening / closing the vents on my salopettes, or zipping / unzipping my jacket.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, some of the forecast temps are insane for this time of winter, but I would not count on them lasting for the duration of your trip, assuming it is a week or longer. A forecast a week out is a crapshoot. Assuming you are not looking to buy new gear, pack some lighter base/mid-layers, eg lightweight merino long-sleeved t-shirts, or similar.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy