Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau, Wildschönau, Ski Juwel

Poster: A snowHead
Beautiful sunny day skiing today. Perfect snow conditions Very Happy
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowing lightly again this morning and cold. Windy at the top of the mountain but nice and calm in the valley.
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for all the weather updates!

My wife and I are going to Niedarau from the 15th-20th of March. My wife won't be skiing much (long story!), so if anyone is around let me know as I'd love a bit of company on the slopes. I'm an intermediate snowboarder.
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beautiful sunny morning but very cold, -15 when I took the dog out this morning. Pics to follow later if possible.
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kropfrader

Lannerkopfl

Quite a large avalanche on Rosskopf

Behind Markbachjoch
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow is still superb in the mornings, getting a little heavy after lunch but there is still full cover everywhere. A little new snow forecast for the weekend with some colder temperatures to follow should make next week perfect on piste.
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A lumpy slush-fest in the afternoons more like @Chris_n, .
Skied a run in Niederau for first time yesterday , otherwise mostly been skiing from Hopfgarten to various resorts, all with their share of mogulled pistes by afternoon.
Some good skiing in the mornings tho.
Since arriving on Sat 10th we have seen rain, hail, snow, sun, cloud and low light.
Having a great time though.
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Cinsha, I have the luxury this week of not needing to ski in the afternoon wink . Alpbach is much colder (higher) and has better snow although it is busier.
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Chris_n, Didn't ski Alpbach but did Auffach on last day (Fri). Sunny to start and cloudy later. I enjoyed my week regardless of conditions and came back uninjured - yay!
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Cinsha, always a bonus!
Yesterday the pistes were firm all day with a sprinkling of new snow. This morning is a little brighter with 5cm of new powdery snow at 900m. Off to see how much is at the top!
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Perfect day yesterday, blue sky and snow in perfect condition, still little bits of untracked off piste in places.

Woke this morning to another 10cm of new snow, sigh I'll have to go out and try it snowHead
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That must be such an ordeal for you 😂
latest report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I wish I was still there. Just hoping the snow will be as good next year. I am already booked in. snowHead
snow report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well that's me finished for the season, Niederau closes on Monday, Auffach and Alpbach next weekend. It's been a strange week weatherwise everything from 14 degree sunshine through pouring rain to two days of fresh powder snow (at least on the mountain).

Counting down to next season already.
latest report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Do the resorts close simply because of lack of customers ?
ski holidays     
Yes and no, Crystal and most of the Dutch companies stopped last week. Nearly all of the hotels will be closed after next weekend to prepare for the summer.
The pistes will be broken up to let more air at them so that they melt quicker and can be turned back into grazing land for the cattle.
ski holidays     
We were very sorry to hear of the death of Christl Purner, on 24th April. She ran the Gasthof Brunner with Helmut for many years and was a truly lovely lady. We stayed there for years and years, along with my elderly father who would be invited into the locals table. When our daughter did a season with the red ski school Christl insisted that she stayed in her own house with her and her son Richard (sadly died years ago now) and Christl could not have been kinder to Gemma. We last saw Christl, and Helmut, two summers ago when we stayed in the village for a few days and we helped round up a dog in the road, only to find it was with Christl once the panic was over, and the Helmut himself appeared. He died not too long after that.
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy