Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Blue sky days. Firmish pistes. Perhaps rather more aggression than a beginner might expect to produce on blues. Snow expected mid week.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sounds good, any photos?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Please let us know how your week goes. We head over in April. Hardly any updates this year from les Deux Alpes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@davidof,
I am struggling with sorting out iphone pics for publication here - and with linking to Dropbox.

However, hope that this link takes you to the view from the La Fee snack bar yesterday:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjwaijwuugu9oa2/Photo%2005-03-2023%2C%2015%2031%2043.jpg?dl=0

The Red down to the restaurant was a bit sporty near the end today.

Also today, many slopes surprisingly crowded, but there were quiet pistes to be found.

I promised family not to ski blacks this year, but several were closed anyway.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Slopes looking spares. Far less cover than when I was there at Easter last year
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A view of L2A from across the valley

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Alpinebear, please put up another picture after this weekend so we can compare a before and after
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Currently snowing on the cams. Although I think they've done the naughty and ghosted out the can at resort level. Why do they do that?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It was obvious that the weather was turning to day. The sky was becoming clouded, and the light became flat. Not a whiteout, but slightly worrying as there were patches of ice around. It is now snowing steadily, largish flakes in resort.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow has stopped. Moon is out.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Awoken by snowploughs this morning. Lightly snowing now in resort.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Saw some off-piste skiing bu t close to pistes only. Some pistes had not not been bashed after the major dump. Super Diable was open - but there was ice under the surface. Most skiers I saw on it were having difficulty. However there was one competent skier who went down the fall line with apparent ease. There was ice on a steep bit of the blue starting down from 3200.

At 3200 I tried to look up the glacier but could make nothing out, so I did not take the funicular. Visibility on the way down ranged from poor to good. There was a band of hail in the way down.

There was rain in resort this afternoon.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lower runs over bare hillside. On the Vallee Blanche side runs changed suddenly from icy to slush. Many runs on the VB side closed, including the green run.

Warmish.

Avalanche Risk 3
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Such a shame. I was watching the cams. They looked much improved then the rain came. Hope it snows Friday and Saturday and stays this time
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Boarderfarce, yes, could be better.

Just to clarify on the VB side, the tops of the runs were very icy, the during descent, suddenly I was skiing on slush.
ski holidays
Vallee blanche always suffers more. Didn't ride that side at all last Easter. @achilles, hope it snows overnight and you get a good day tomorrow.
ski holidays
Not much snow overnight. Light snow now. It has been windy, but it's died down for the moment. Visibility in the webcams looks dire. Might be a good day for vin chaud.
latest report
achilles wrote:
Not much snow overnight. Light snow now. It has been windy, but it's died down for the moment. Visibility in the webcams looks dire. Might be a good day for vin chaud.

Sounds like a sensible decision. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Well it was a funny day. Dire webcams in the morning. Full ski and boot room. But the light got steadily better. Wearing my gimp mask was a very good decision I discovered when I went up the Belle Etoile lift.

THe long Belcombe run had part of its entry marked off because of avalanche debris (possibly triggered overnight). Later in the day it was closed for the day to allow triggering. That closed off a considerable area from the Belle Etoile and Diable lifts - unless one went on up the Super Diable lift. Problem with that was that the wind at the top of that was severe, whipping up spindrift snow. It was similar over much of the upper mountain.

The earlier snowfall has improved the skiing, but there is still ice around. More snow would be beneficial.

Avalanche risk 3.
latest report
Sounds hideous, @achilles. I hope you found a nice vin chaud.
ski holidays
Rain turned to snow at 1050m on the road up. Made it up without chains but 50/50 decision.
latest report
Heavy rain when I left resort at 0510.
latest report
@gorilla, are you out there this week? How's the conditions?
snow conditions
I left on Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday was coldish with about a foot of powder down to resort level. Unsure how it's evolved but from the off piste bash thread, looks like la Grave was good yesterday.
snow conditions
Thanks for the update. Long way out but we travel 3 weeks today. We can cancel up to 2 weeks before so keeping an eye on things
ski holidays
Any update on conditions on the ground, heading out on 8th April ? Particularly for a 3 and 5 year old for their 1st ski trip
snow report
We'll be there next week, will update once there
snow report
That would be great thanks, any idea where European Ski school will take a 3 and 5 year old for 1h lessons at 9AM, first time skiing?

Looking at the piste map / webcams and trying to figure out if they'll take them up a bit, or just stay on the really low slopes...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For the first time skiing they will keep to the bottom for sure, especially as its only 1 hour. Unless there's no snow there then they will take them up to cretes.
latest report
Looking at the cams snow has finally arrived down to mid station. As usual when its raining in town they stop the live feed.
Hopefully it snows all night tonight
snow report
Fabulous day today. Great snow at Cretes, only getting a bit slushy from about 3pm. Waterskiing back to the car at Belle Etoile at 5pm, but I've skied a lot worse at Easter Very Happy
ski holidays
@Pending, thanks for the update. Looking forward to coming out on Friday. Staying reasonably cool this week so snow should stay good. Not looking forward to the chaos at Dover on Thursday however
snow report
Horrible incident being reported in LDA.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20230403/skier-falls-to-death-from-french-ski-lift
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy