Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carte Neige - Medical Disclaimer - new or have I just been lucky?

Poster: A snowHead
I popped to the Maison de Tignes on Wednesday to renew my Carte Neige for the season. They asked if I had a Doctor's Certificate, when I said no he produced a disclaimer form (in English) and if all the answers were no then I could have my licence. I had not come across this before. Had one of the answers been yes then I would have had to do to the quack to get a certificate. There were 10 questions or so - pretty much like any other insurance policy - been to the docs in the last year, are you a wheezy child etc, but they did ask if a parent had died suddenly in the last year.

So as a bit of a heads up the moral to the story is don't expect to pitch up and be covered for tomorrow if you have a medical issue.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@chocksaway, The rules are here, how often were you getting a doctor's certificate before ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The French Rugby Federation even insist on old gimmers like me having a medical certificate for the veterans rugby team, and the most physically demanding part of that is repeatedly lifting a beer to my lips.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have never produced a certificate (6th year now) and never been asked for one - that was the surprise, hence the heads up in case someone has to answer yes and was expecting to ski that day or the following.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chocksaway, surprised you didn’t need one last year as the law changed for last season requiring certificate.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, Ta, I suspect it came under the too difficult category at the Tourist Office.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@chocksaway, Was this at the Club des Sports office in the Maison de Tignes or the main desk ?

I think you need to have a proper certificate on file, I got mine done last year at the Medical Centre and it was cheaper than it would have been in the UK.

I'm fairly sure it has become less strict for competitors, I think you used to need an examination each year but it has changed to every three to bring it in line with a FIS requirement.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rjs, The Main Desk. It all seemed to happen on line and I have the card so perhaps I have grandfather rights. No doubt someone will review the dossier at some time.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had to have a certificate from my GP to ride the Etape du Tour a few years ago. Must be a French thing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
endoman wrote:
Had to have a certificate from my GP to ride the Etape du Tour a few years ago. Must be a French thing.

also required for Italian Gran Fondos which are technically races, so you need an Italian cycle racing licence as well (but they do special one day ones to cover the event)

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 24-11-17 19:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have just had my carte neige and I was not asked for any type of medical info. (Alpe d'Huez ski club)
I am familiar with the french system as had to produce a certificatefor bike races, only randonnees , seems to depend on the organisers, the big corporate ones ask for a certificate, the locally organised ones don't. Probably change though Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't think medical info is of massive relevance to Carte Neige as it's primarily just mountain rescue and only covers the initial emergency medical concerns.
OK, if you have a heart condition, there's an increased likelihood of a heart attack on the hill but the subsequent hospital bills are not their liability.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin wrote:
I don't think medical info is of massive relevance to Carte Neige as it's primarily just mountain rescue and only covers the initial emergency medical concerns.
OK, if you have a heart condition, there's an increased likelihood of a heart attack on the hill but the subsequent hospital bills are not their liability.
I think that depends on the level of Carte Neige you buy. The top level cover includes medical bills, IIRC. I've never been asked for a medical certificate when buying the medium level of Carte Neige cover. This has been a mix of over the counter sales at Maison Tignes (last year for example), or online (last week).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
...shows what I know Confused There was just one 'Carte Neige' the last time I bought one and it just did what a Carte Neige did.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Carte neige ou carré neige? Ce n'est pas la meme. Puzzled rolling eyes
snow conditions
There are iirc three usual levels plus Pro and an XC only one.
latest report
@mcspreader, Carré Neige is the daily insurance you buy with your lift pass. Carte Neige is an annual thing.
snow conditions
@Hells Bells, yup, just wanted to make it clear that there were two similar sounding things that I have seen confused before but clearly actually just added to the general level of confusion. rolling eyes Actually I thought for a sec that maybe @admin was a bit confused. He is getting older you know. Little Angel
snow conditions
Did our Cartes Neige today, definitely a request to answer a short medical questionnaire, if any of the answers are "Yes", then a doctor's declaration is required, you have been warned...........
It's on the website if you buy one online, if the Tourist Office or whatever are giving them out without asking the questions there could be an issue down the line if something pertinent wasn't disclosed......
ski holidays
Here's the disclaimer, in French, but you know what to do.....

http://www.ffs.fr/pdf/medical/Questionnaire_Sante.pdf
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy