Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME CHOOSE A DECENT SKI RESORT IN SCOTLAND PLEASE?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone

I'm considering visiting Glen Shee in Scotland over Christmas/New Year 2017/2018

Can anyone tell me if this would be the most snow guaranteed resort in the UK?? I'm hoping to be in the UK for some of the festive season.

Any reviews, cheap accommodation tips, cheap ski rental tips, piste tips etc etc, would be greatly appreciated. I'm a very good skier and an average snowboarder. I also enjoy most other Winter Sports.

Best Wishes, and thanks in advance Ski Peeps!!

Ingrid Rebekah
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ingrid Rebekah wrote:
Can anyone tell me if this would be the most snow guaranteed resort in the UK??

No. Ask again a couple of days before Christmas.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok, thank you, will try to remember. RJS - are there any other resorts/snow domes in Scotland/North of England, that you would recommend for skiing/boarding?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the only place you can 'guarantee' skiing on snow in scotland at that time will be the braehead snow dome.

at xmas/ new year- you may get lucky and some of the ski centres might have enough snow to get some runs open. but generally you are looking at January before everywhere has options! the best thing to do is get looking at www.winterhighland.info as people post proper descriptions/ snow reports/ pictures from their day so you get an accurate picture of whats going on.

sadly scottish skiing is quite unpredictable- good snow but too much wind, not enough snow, rain, ice/ boilerplate runs...... but when its good, its amazing! you just cant plan when these days will come
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Ingrid Rebekah, if your profile is correct and you’re coming from Channel Islands, I’d only recommend Scotland if you had to come here for other reasons, particularly at that time of year. While the skiing here can be great, it is (as others have noted) very unpredictable. If you’re travelling all that distance specifically for skiing then head to the alps.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Inboard wrote:
@Ingrid Rebekah, if your profile is correct and you’re coming from Channel Islands, I’d only recommend Scotland if you had to come here for other reasons, particularly at that time of year. While the skiing here can be great, it is (as others have noted) very unpredictable. If you’re travelling all that distance specifically for skiing then head to the alps.

I completely agree with this. Scotland is great if you don't mind basic infrastructure and short runs. However, If you want guaranteed snow and to book in advance then Scotland is not the place. It is the place if you're local or have to be here, but you need to be thinking only a couple of days in advance.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are some winters when we've had no skiable snow in Scotland at Christmas. In terms of best bet, that will depend on prevailing weather conditions at the time - North-Westerly cold showers will get Nevis and maybe Cairngorm, Easterlies/NorthEasterlies Glenshee or Lecht (generalisations - a big Atlantic storm can cover the whole of the North of Scotland in one night with a lovely blanket of snow - remember a fab New Year back in 2007 or 2008, I think).
While right now Glenshee has got a wee bit of snow and is recommending sledges not skis, we have done skiing late November/early December there.
When there's good snow, Glenshee is fab, and you should hire skis before you get to the ski centre to avoid the long queues there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Q : "Can anybody help me choose a decent ski resort in Scotland please ?"

A : no
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Blewyn, yeah, looks crap

http://youtube.com/v/V07r7q9THZE
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We have been 3 times at new year and we managed half a day out of 21 days spent there over new year trips, still had a good time thought.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We tend to head to Glenshee these days but Aonach Mor is decent too
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Edinburgh airport?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think the last two have missed the boat. TW has an excuse mind you. Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy