Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WANTED - Where to Ski & Snowboard Book

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Where to Ski & Snowboard 2016 by Gill & Watts, I'm looking to buy a copy of this edition. If you have one you no longer need, please pm me with details. snowHead
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@intermediate, I think I have that one. Will check the year tonight.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just been looking for a copy myself and you both might be interested to know that this book is no longer being published and a new copy is selling for £799 on Amazon! Second hand on Ebay are going for in excess of £300 and the 2015 edition is quickly approaching £200. I think the term "as rare as unicorn poo" now applies to that particular book! I have a 2012 edition that I think I might hold onto Toofy Grin
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That means that my 1995 version must be worth Gazillions !

===

Edit

Or maybe not -- 2009 version on 'tbay at £2.19.......
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking around it seems that 2013/14 onwards are the collectibles. Wish I'd known that at the time.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tbh they hardly seemed to change from year to year. Mine is about 2005 I think Shocked
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I doubt anyone buys them at those prices do they? To be honest, better information now available online. Just occasionally I dip into my copies out of curiosity. I have a 1995, 2003 and 2012 copies. Interesting to see how things have changed in ski areas.
I also have the new publication from the same stable Where to Ski in Austria. Compact, well presented and fairly up to date. I believe a similar book covering Italy is next.
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Where-to-Ski-Snowboard-2014-by-Watts-Dave-Book-The-Cheap-Fast-Free-Post/141980817752?epid=170031747&hash=item210eb75958:g:pDcAAOSwk1haM-CV

£1802 !!

or the 2015 for £160 ?!?!
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PeakyB wrote:
I doubt anyone buys them at those prices do they? To be honest, better information now available online. Just occasionally I dip into my copies out of curiosity. I have a 1995, 2003 and 2012 copies. Interesting to see how things have changed in ski areas.
I also have the new publication from the same stable Where to Ski in Austria. Compact, well presented and fairly up to date. I believe a similar book covering Italy is next.

if you search on sold listings a 2015 one appears to have sold for £158.69, best go and see what year mine is Smile
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kitenski, Wow! Really? I'll hang on to my vintage copies for when the Antiques Roadshow next in town.
My oldest copy doesn't have colour copied piste maps. Instead, area diagrams, very usefully showing orientation of different mountains (N,S,W,E) facing slopes etc. Barring earthquakes, they never change.

I also have a much older book (1960s?) with similar diagrams for the whole of the Swiss Alps. Shame I can't afford to ski there much!

I think the WTS&S books are very good but no way would I pay more than £20 for one. Some people more money than sense Puzzled
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mines a 2013 in VGC, £32 on amazon currently think I'll keep an eye on prices then Smile
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Used to get my Dad one every few years as an Xmas present and got him the 2016 one last tear. He usually gave away the previous one but will check if there is still a 2013/14 on the bookshelf!!
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy