Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PNW 2017/2018 Season

Poster: A snowHead
Went for a hike at Mt. Bachelor on Oct 14th, okay two hikes because it was so good! And I needed the exercise. About 2 feet of fresh came down. Not a bad way to start October.

Hopefully this works. Not used to using Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137498667@N04/shares/12qG0c
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Forecast looks promising for this weekend. Cold front should reach the the Northern West Coast around Friday. From Whistler on down to Central Oregon Cascades should see some precip fall as snow at lowering levels.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=46.92912043955674&lon=-121.50098133017309&site=sew&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text#.VJybVAABo

Whistler in the Alpine could see some decent accumulation...

https://www.whistler.com/weather/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've no idea why I'm looking cos I'm not there thill mid Jan, but I hope the stuff I'm reading about a big dump comes to fruition. I know I'll not be short of snow, but a good off piste base would be welcome.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
5000 mile long storm stretching all the way from China to whistler, expected to drop about 70 inches at whistler
Shocked
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/10/17/rare-5000-mile-long-river-in-the-sky-to-bombard-pacific-northwest-with-heavy-rain-and-snow/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It will warm up after the storm passes through. So the best time would probably be on Saturday to go earn some turns at Whistler. It's almost t-shirt warm in Central Oregon at present. But it is set to start cooling off going into the weekend. Most of the energy will be focused on Whistler and the BC area, plus North Cascades on Thursday/Friday, like Mt Baker, and then push inland and move SE over Idaho, Wyoming and some dribs and leftovers for Northern Colorado.

Hopefully this is a harbinger of good things to come. But it is still only October, and a ways to go before true winter settles in. I have my fingers crossed that Saturday or maybe early Sunday morning I can go for a hike at Mt. Bachelor and score some more freshies like last Saturday!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow down to Awbrey Butte this morning. Mountain looking nice in his white blanket...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Baekgjyl-pZ/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
More snow to come!

https://www.mtbachelor.com/live-cams/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbIUlU3lC9q/

A bit of clearing for the weekend, and then another storm system comes in mid-next week for the Cascades. The Idaho and Wyoming areas could see about a foot into the weekend (Sawtooth range looks promising, before a lull, and then another series of storms coming through late next week. Ski areas are talking about 3rd week of November openings. Until then, good chance to earn some turns at the ski areas while the base builds...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We're off - fine weekend at Crystal Smile

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2017/11/20/2017-18-ski-season-kick-off-at-crystal-mountain/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skied some boot top powder at Bachelor over the weekend. Nice way to start the season. Going to have to get up to Xtal at some point. Afterall, I did buy a season pass during the spring. So, I got to try and get some use out of the darn thing!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
are you a Bend dwellwer nowadays?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My mates are reporting 8 days on snow at WB so far and counting, and the pictures are looking good.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
philwig wrote:
My mates are reporting 8 days on snow at WB so far and counting, and the pictures are looking good.

Not quite sure how they managed that since it's only been open for 4. 2 mates? wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gortonator wrote:
are you a Bend dwellwer nowadays?

Yep. Me and the Missus pulled the plug on Seattle. Now down in Bend. Send me a PM if you have plans to be down this way at some point during the winter. I'll be traveling a bit more than I would like this winter for work, but that's the price to pay to be down here.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stuarth wrote:
philwig wrote:

Not quite sure how they managed that since it's only been open for 4. 2 mates? wink

I skied 3 days at Bachelor before it "opened" for business. So, it's possible to get in some ski days when the snow is plentiful, and ski resorts are getting ready for prime time. wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fabo post Xmas conditions up in BC. Started at Revelstoke and got dumped on last two days. Was superb skiing. And darn cold. report and pics at:

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/post-xmas-at-revelstoke/

These storms should have set up central BC for the season. With Whistler skiing darn fine too - we were there a few times before Xmas - conditions 'north of the border' are excellent.
snow conditions
hmmm... Last week was pretty good but the weather forecast at the moment isn't looking that great. Every time it seems to get going some high pressure system comes in with inversions and then rain to mess it up
ski holidays
stuarth wrote:
hmmm... Last week was pretty good but the weather forecast at the moment isn't looking that great. Every time it seems to get going some high pressure system comes in with inversions and then rain to mess it up

Looks liek plenty in Whistler forecast from Friday onwards? Freezing level a bit high but there's a good base there. Base is decent in WA Cascades but not deep like it usually is by now
snow conditions
Was at Kimberley just before NY in a big old storm. great skiing - report/pics on blog at https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2018/01/05/kimberley-powfest/

I really do like Kimberley. In good conditions teh skiing is really fun. And it's great to see the town looking like it's starting to thrive. There's a good new microbrewery, a handful of good restaurants and bars, all 5 mins from the ski hill. A killer fun place when it has good snow. And the Hotel Kimberley right in downtown is now run by Aussies!
snow conditions
If you mean plenty of precipitation, then yes there is plenty. Raining top to bottom right now (first hand forecast!). Inversion to make it more fun as it was freezing rain at the bottom this morning Crying or Very sad
snow report
Lake Louise is looking fresh - the official website reports 19cm overnight Smile
snow report
Seems the weather pattern is about to shift. Last week was interesting. Saw some of the footage of the Whistler carnage. Lots of snow in the Alpine. Mt Baker scored so much snow they were restricting the upper mtn. to folks with avy gear. About 2 meters over a 6 day period. Idaho panhandle, (Schweitzer) got quite a bit of snow too. Southern Cascades had high winds and warm front shut down most upper mtn lifts last Saturday.

The storm tracks forecasted into the weekend and early next week look to be staying farther North. I'm off to Jackson Hole this weekend. Might get lucky if the storm track doesn't stay too far North, but it appears that things are reverting back to December with the storms coming into BC, across Alberta and then heading across to the US New England States. Mother Nature will do what she wants!

It has not been a good powder season pour moi! Crying or Very sad
snow report
How's it going in the Canadian Rockies now?

I haven't been following much, but hoping to get there for Easter. A couple of weeks ago Lake Louise resort website was reporting something like 60cm in a week. Today it says "One of the snowiest Februarys on record has left mountain snow coverage at a season-best". I know they'll always be advertising and so prone to exaggeration. But in comparison to the awful US season start that we'd heard about, anyone want to comment on this wonderful-sounding statement?
ski holidays
Orange200 wrote:
How's it going in the Canadian Rockies now?

I haven't been following much, but hoping to get there for Easter. A couple of weeks ago Lake Louise resort website was reporting something like 60cm in a week. Today it says "One of the snowiest Februarys on record has left mountain snow coverage at a season-best". I know they'll always be advertising and so prone to exaggeration. But in comparison to the awful US season start that we'd heard about, anyone want to comment on this wonderful-sounding statement?

off on a canadian road trip saturday , starting off at lake louise so i hope they are correct , all the u tube videos and various insta photos bear witness to a very snowy start to the year in lake louise , all runs open and the steeps and backside bowls all open , some very cold temps should keep the snow fresh for a while Cool
snow conditions
off to ringway airport now to start trip to calgary , looks like the big freeze of last week is heading this way , so looking forward to some fresh snow and a great trip to lake louise / revelstoke / grouse mtn /whistler/pemberton , will post some unto date reports as we go snowHead
ski holidays
@Dabber, look forward to hearing about Revelstoke!
snow conditions
@Orange200, just finished off two great days at lake louise , they did have that massive dump over two weeks ago , but actually didn't snow again for 16days ,still the low temps keep things in good nic around , had a small refresh on sunday morning , so was some good "dust on crust " to be found , groomers are in great shape , with almost no rocks any where , the wind moved some snow last night and the vizz was good so skied some of the steep stuff off back bowls , great conditions and all the entrances fully filled in , so im sure the skiing will be great at easter time
off to revelstoke with some fresh snow forecast , should be good snowHead
snow conditions
Thanks @Dabber for that honest update, I'm watching their website and "last night 7cm, total snow for a week 7cm" does suggest that somewhat!

I'm struggling to buy plane tickets, they seem to be going up in price fast and it turns out my credit card won't make a one-off purchase of more than 2500, my debit card has no CVC number to use online, the bank says to phone Lufthansa, and Lufthansa say to phone the bank! Evil or Very Mad Aaaargh!

Have a great time in what someone called "Revelbloke"!
snow conditions
So stop #2 revelstoke ,does it live up to the hype ? Have to say on today’s showing yes ! Had a bit of fresh over night and then most of day today , skied some great trees , and bowls and if it’s this good with 10cm of fresh can’t believe how good it would be with a big snow fall , the vertical drop and fast lifts make for some great skiing and the free ride options are endless ,
And that’s just the resort !! Can’t wait to see what the surrounding mountains have to offer next year
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dabber, Revelstoke added to bucket list!
snow conditions
nice to wake up to clear skies and clear roads for the trip from revelstoke to vancouver , even better to see that 47 cm fell yesterday in whistler , just hoping temps stay low till i get there Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Lake Louise seemed to have a dry period, but they are now reporting 22cm in the last week and snowing right now Smile
latest report
this last nine days in whistler has seen a bit of everything weather wise , have skied some great deep snow away from resort in vista bowl Cool and some nice fresh with first tracks down diamond bowl a highlight , finishing off with a lovely sunny tour away from the crowds on sunday in proper spring temps , off to vancouver now (17c) for a walk round stanly park before flight home

some new snow forecast and a great base should make for a good easter / late season for anyone coming out soon Cool
latest report
Flying out Thursday! Toofy Grin
latest report
Lake Louise just had soft snow all day today, maybe 10-12cm, and they are predicted a similar fall on Thursday.
snow report
Falling nicely in LL today.
latest report
@Orange200, enjoy snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy