Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Double ski bag recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. I'm looking at getting a bigger ski bag so I can take 2 pairs with me and maybe a bit of extra kit. I've borrowed my brother's dakine roller one a couple of times which has generally fitted the bill pretty well but just wondered if anyone had any other recommendations. Would need to be long enough to fit 191 skis as I noticed a couple are not actually that long. Anything else worth looking at? Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a Dakine Fall-Line double and it's great.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have https://douchebags.com/the-douchebag and have been very happy with it. Easily carries 2 pairs of skis, plus a load of extra stuff. The ribs and padding protect the contents very well. It rolls up into a very compact package for storage.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Kelskii, does the fall line have straps to secure the skis to stop them flapping about during transfer?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@scr, Mine doesn't, but when its packed with clothes, I find that they don't really move.

I place a pair of skis, base down with the breaks up or removed and the 2nd pair split, on their side along either side. I find that this not only gives the bag stability when shifting it around but also creates the most packing space.

The only issue I have with the fall-line is keeping within baggage weight limits.

I do like the look of the Douchbag, but just couldn't justify the expense.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/travel-700-grey-id_8398284.html

We have 2 of these from decathlon (as well as a Dakine ) and they have been great
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@el nombre, Depends if you are wanting to go on a plane with it or not as weight can be an issue. Had a K2 bag but it you filled it it (no boots, just clothes) was about 32kgs which is fine if you don't fly. The wheels only lasted 2 trips, before one got punched up into the body as the plastic support was not really very strong.

Have gone for the lightest one I can find to keep the weight down. https://brubaker-usa.com/collections/ski-bag/products/brubaker-race-champion-ski-bag-with-wheels-for-2-pairs-of-skis-170-cm-66-7-8-inches-and-190-cm-74-3-4-inches. Delivered in a couple of days from Europe somewhere in a very small box as it folds down. They do a 190 version so that would work.

There is a 2 year warranty with them and I would have sent it back as the stitching on the zip was not good but I fixed it instead as did not have the time as only realised when I was filling it to go to the airport. Embarassed No padding but clothes do that for you. Too early to tell what the baggage handlers can do to destroy it ! Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bought a K2 double wheel bag approx ten years ago and has stood the test of time well, having gone to the USA, Japan and alot of Alps resorts. Easily fits two pairs skis plus kit, weight holds back with boots for double packing or, for a solo pack skis, boots, trous, baselayers, probe shovel and reciever as well as assorted gloves, goggles and socks. Would buy another if I could find one.
If you are packing boots over thetails ofyour skis have an off cut of carpet to avoid scrathes and knocks.
Whilst the bag has compression straps inside and out I always wrap a luggage strap around the middle for peace of mind.
The only problem I've had withit is getting it into the car!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for @RichClark's packing technique in a fall line double. If your skis aren't too heavy you can fit in a third pair (e.g. my daughter's 149s) as well, plus poles and a few bits and bobs. Beyond that, creative use of the foot prop technique at check in may be required.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the responses guys. The douchebags one is interesting but I'm not sure whether the floppiness would get annoying. Either way as @RichClark said, I can't really justify the price when I know the Dakine one that I've used before which appears to be similar to the fall line, does the job to a pretty decent standard.

The decathlon one looks pretty good but I'm not really to sure about that roll top. Do long skis actually extend beyond the main dimensions of the bag with that? I don't really see the purpose of it. It also says its big enough for 4 pairs of skis which sounds much bigger than what I need really but maybe they're just talking about midget skis to make it sound bigger than it actually is.

I've not had issues with the weight on flights before so I'd rather go for a heavier bag with a bit more protection than something lighter like the Brubaker one. I don't think I've ever actually had a ski bag weighed before come to think of it but with bike bags, I have had to make use of @mgrolf's foot prop method.

Currently thinking the Dakine one might be the best bet.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
el nombre wrote:
Thanks for the responses guys. The douchebags one is interesting but I'm not sure whether the floppiness would get annoying.

I've been very happy with mine, love the shoulder strap that lets you tow it around while keeping your hands free.
The beauty of the DB is you roll the end down until it's the same length as your skis and strap it in place so it's not floppy at all Wink no getting away from it been expensive though.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Daishan wrote:
el nombre wrote:
Thanks for the responses guys. The douchebags one is interesting but I'm not sure whether the floppiness would get annoying.

I've been very happy with mine, love the shoulder strap that lets you tow it around while keeping your hands free.
The beauty of the DB is you roll the end down until it's the same length as your skis and strap it in place so it's not floppy at all Wink no getting away from it been expensive though.

The limited edition Black Camo Douchbags look very nice...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@muppet,
Hi there, I just wanted to ask a few questions about this bag which aren't clear from the Decathlon website if you wouldn't mind:
1) How long is the bag? On the website it says 210cm but I'm guessing thats with the rolltop fully unfolded, how long is it fully folded (my skis are 173cm so don't want too much dead space at the top)
2) Are there 2 sets of straps for 2 sets of skis? in the pictures it looks like one large set of straps for holding a snowboard but for 2 sets of skis they would bash into each other with only one large strap.
Thanks
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kelskii wrote:
I have a Dakine Fall-Line double and it's great.

+1 for the fall line

Got rid of my Sportube double
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
el nombre wrote:
Thanks for the responses guys. The douchebags one is interesting but I'm not sure whether the floppiness would get annoying. Either way as @RichClark said, I can't really justify the price when I know the Dakine one that I've used before which appears to be similar to the fall line, does the job to a pretty decent standard.

Bought a couple of double Douchebags in the summer. The thing that appealed was the adjustable length, so my son has a proper bag for his 140cm skis and boots etc. Used one for the first time last weekend for a solo trip, and packed the two yesterday. The way it rolls up at the top is clever, and with skis placed flat on the bottom (brakes held up) it stays very straight actually. We usually fly within Sweden or Norway (or to the Alps) and I take 5 or 6 trips a year, so that’s how I justified the cost to myself. I’ve not owned a Dakine Falline, but the downside of the Douchebag is no internal straps or padded bits at all to keep anything in place. That said, once packed nothing much seemed to move.

I also have a double sport tube. But very rarely use it (and will probably sell it now) as it’s basically too heavy to start with IMO.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy