Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to look for cheap week before Xmas deals??

Poster: A snowHead
I’ve not used a TO for many a year but my only chance of getting a family trip in would be a last minute week before Xmas trip.

I’m assuming a deal inc flights and transfers is going to be cheaper than DIY. Possible option to drive and use Tesco points for a Chunnel crossing.

So any recommended websites to keep an eye on?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kitenski, Igluski, Alpine Answers. Lots of bigger TOs. Depends on your preferences:
- where (resort options or which countries at least)
- dates
- what sort of travel
- accomm and
- board.
Pre-Christmas should be no problem getting late deals this year.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
16th Dec, anywhere in Europe with a reasonable snow record and half board are about all my requirements! Preferred flights "up North" due to living in Leeds

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 14-11-17 10:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would look at this thread if I were you:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=133919

Free=Cheap !
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just had an email from silverski with some pre christmas deals
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@rungsp, not free though, need to pay flights, maybe transfer, food + drink!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Both the Swiss National Tourism site www.myswitzerland.com and the London Swiss Travel Centre www.stc.co.uk usually have Special Offer deals available, although as always, they're a bit 'take it or leave it' - great if it suits you but no scope for modification. The new Powdair flies from Manchester to Sion although only certain days/dates while Swiss fly London City to Geneva and Sion (Sitten in German) www.swiss.com
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
"when" is as important as "where". A last minute deal means 48 hours or so before departure, not several weeks.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi @kitenski,

We have some spaces left in our Paradiski chalets if you think that would work? www.ice-fire.co.uk

They're priced at £299 per person fully catered which doesn't include flights and transfers. No single supp

Drop me through a message if you'd be interested - loads of snow here at the mo!

Best wishes,
Heather
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What's ya budget?

There are some decent deals around at the moment.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alpine Answers?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mikeycharlton wrote:
What's ya budget?

Cheap Smile Under a grand for family of four inc flight/transfers or driving ... excluding lift passes/ski hire Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski wrote:
mikeycharlton wrote:
What's ya budget?

Cheap Smile Under a grand for family of four inc flight/transfers or driving ... excluding lift passes/ski hire Smile

Try Sunweb

Can get accommodation and 4 x lift passes for that week for as little as £129pp in some of the smaller/lesser known French resorts. Several others for under £200pp.

Say £500 for driving costs and you're looking at somewhere between £1040 to £1300 for transport, accommodation and lift passes.

Not too shabby.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kitenski,
Quote:

Cheap Under a grand for family of four inc flight/transfers or driving

Ambitious for half board - maybe if you leave booking until less than a week before departure. Good luck. snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Under a grand for family of four inc flight/transfers or driving ... excluding lift passes/ski hire

Doable, I'd say, if you self cater and drive with plenty of provisions from home.
ski holidays
WeSki have full Val Thorens packages for around £550 or La Plagne for £500

16 - 23 December for 4 people.

The price includes:
- Return Flights
- Transfers
- Accommodation
- Ski Pass

Let me know if it’s your cup of tea

https://www.weski.co.uk/

Cheers,

Jon.
snow conditions
How old are the kids?

We're going to Gressoney with Esprit that week and they have some amazing deals on. Looks like a family of 4 flying from Gatwick would be £1112.30, which is close to your budget and includes a much more comfortable and appropriate package than those listed above if your kids are <=10 or so.
latest report
Try www.chaletline.co.uk - lots of good chalet deals
ski holidays
tccambs wrote:
How old are the kids?

We're going to Gressoney with Esprit that week and they have some amazing deals on. Looks like a family of 4 flying from Gatwick would be £1112.30, which is close to your budget and includes a much more comfortable and appropriate package than those listed above if your kids are <=10 or so.

14 and 17

Thanks for all the ideas so far!!
latest report
@kitenski, have you looked at Jet2 flights out of Leeds Bradford? Even flying at half term our flights out of there to Salzburg were reasonable (in relative terms!).
ski holidays
Yes looked last night, not bad but didn’t add skis or luggage to get the full picture!!
latest report
www.skitotal.com have some really cheap chalet deals before Christmas, but their departure dates may not suit you. It's worth a look though.
latest report
kitenski wrote:
Yes looked last night, not bad but didn’t add skis or luggage to get the full picture!!

They quite often have a ski carriage for £1 offer. I've often wondered whether you could take an extra ski bag and just chuck all your clothes in rather than pay for a case too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy