Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apres Ski Jackets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Next and final stage of the clear out is some less ski related stuff but might be of interest to the apres and climbing people! High end stuff first and more regularly priced thing later.

First is the Mountain Hardwear Nilas jacket, probably one of the best mid-heavyweight down jackets you can buy, designed in conjunction with the late Uli Steck for high altitude climbing and similar. Rather over specified for me as I haven't used it for anything like that! I would say this is like new with no signs of wear and all the tags from new including the price of £400. Weighs under 700g but as warm as the parka below despite weighing less than half as much! Colour is shark which is a mid-dark grey with contrasting orange lining. Size medium with a pit to pit of 22 inches so good for a 40 inch chest with some layers/a little larger without.

IMG_1627 by Matt G, on Flickr

IMG_1631 by Matt G, on Flickr

Next is a Woolrich Arctic Anorak. This is identical to the Arctic Parka model except slightly shorter length-more the top of the thigh than mid thigh so good for sitting and driving! In a mid-navy blue which stands out from the legions of black/dark navy jackets. These are fantastic quality jackets, comparable to the Canada Goose parka I also have. Down filled with a proprietary fabric outer and coyote fur ruff. This is in very good condition, the only fault I can find is a slightly loose thread on one of the front buttons but this still works and looks as intended. Size medium with a pit to pit measurement of 22.5 inches approx. Will come with the branded hanger pictured as well as all tags and spare buttons. As you can see, this was purchased from Zee and Co in London and price was £600+. Great for an Xmas present if you are feeling generous...

IMG_1635 by Matt G, on Flickr

IMG_1632 by Matt G, on Flickr

Further pictures/measurements etc available if needed.

Last is a Rab Neutrino Endurance Jacket-this time in size small as these come up a bit roomy

In the interests of being honest, this isn't quite as good as it looks in the photos. It is still however a great jacket at a competitive price! I got it used and it does have some signs of wear including a break in the velcro of the right cuff and the odd scuff. There are however no patches/holes anywhere. Like any down jacket, as it gets older, there is some down leakage from the seams. I got to use as a smartish packable jacket for work and I'm not sure it is smart enough for that hence the sale. Pit to pit measures 20 inches approx It is however a great gardening/dog walking/jacket to keep in the car when needed and the price reflects that considering these are £300 new.

IMG_1659 by Matt G, on Flickr

IMG_1661 by Matt G, on Flickr

Price is £220 for the Mountain Hardwear, £330 for the Woolrich including RMSD within the UK and £85 for the Rab posted standard delivery. Collection also welcomed in Central London, particularly for the Woolrich as the postage costs a fortune!
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy