Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck to Kappl transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Hi snowheads collective
Anyone used a cheap n cheerful transfer service from Innsbruck flughafen before? Traditionally I’ve used Innsbruck-taxi.com but rates seem pretty high. 5 of us and wanting private transfer, so not interested in trains etc but would absolutely consider a direct bus if that was an option.
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Innsbruck-Kappl should be available at ca. 150 euro private transfer.
If you think that's expensive for 5 persons....... Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always use Alpentaxi. Very reliable.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Langerzug, no but just curious - on another thread for Salzburg to Schladming was something like €70 each way
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No chance. You will never find anyone at that price for that journey.That is an individual price I'm sure with someone running a shuttle. Innsbruck to Ischgl and Salzburg to Schladming are similar journey distances and times. Around €150 is the going rate and you have to remember that these taxi companies in ski resorts in Austria don't tend to engage in price wars. I'm not saying they fix the prices but....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
January 2016 we booked a private transfer via Shuttle Direct from Innsbruck to Ischgl. Cost was £250 return for 4 people.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@downhillalltheway, 150 euro is the rate among Innsbruck based taxi's, where competition is fierce....
Also, based on experience, we can advise against big names like Shuttle direct or Austria taxi. We did it once, and worked out well because of good weather. And whilst our Greek (!) driver was very friendly, he told us he had just arrived in Austria, and he clearly was unaware and uneasy about the region. Would/could have been very unpleasant in snowy conditions up the Arlbergpass or Paznaunvalley....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Advising against on a sample of one. rolling eyes

On the same basis I'd advise for. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@halfhand, have it your way. Good luck!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just looked at Alpentaxi and their rate is now €175. I would still use them. Getting into resort on a Saturday can be difficult and I'd much rather have a local taxi that is already local if I have a flight to catch and agree that a local experienced driver is good.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Langerzug wrote:
@halfhand, have it your way. Good luck!

Ditto Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Beats me why you wouldn't pick up a rental car, cheaper, way more convenient and also at your disposal if you want a trip out during the week?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
northantsred wrote:
Beats me why you wouldn't pick up a rental car, cheaper, way more convenient and also at your disposal if you want a trip out during the week?

Understand your point but not necessarily true.

The VW Caravelle's that almost all taxi companies use take 8 people, that is 2 rental cars or a 9 seater (forget those as they are incredibly expensive to rent). Even with 5 people plus ski's and luggage you need a decent sized estate car and that would likely be at least as expensive. I'd argue that your convenience point is wide of the mark. Walk out of Innsbruck airport and you are in the taxi and on your way in no more than 10 minutes and drop off is the same. When in resort you either walk to the gondola or use the bus, so much easier than getting in the car. You don;t need to go anywhere else when you are in Ischgl.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@northantsred, what is unconvenient about a private driver Puzzled
And I'm (again) not even mentioning road conditions...(which appear to get ignored here by some)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just as an alternative - train Innsbruck to Landeck, then either bus or shorter/cheaper transfer taxi Landeck to Ischgl?

Train looks like €20.40 per-person and seem to remember a thread in a previous year where someone said you could buy a ticket that included the airport/rail station bus.
snow report
@Mjit
boabski wrote:
not interested in trains

Presumably the o/p doesn't want the perceived hassle associated with lugging ski bags etc from airport to bus to train to bus/taxi. With 5 in a taxi the total cost will be not that much more than public transport.
ski holidays
Booked last night for €310 return @hd, yeah you’re right. Train is ok to say St. Anton where station is in resort but pita getting bus to banhof, then train to Landeck followed by bus - for 5 of us all with gear no thanks.
Thanks for all the suggestions
snow conditions
@boabski, you have seriously booked a taxi on 2 october for this coming winter? Puzzled rolling eyes
snow report
@Langerzug, and why not? Once I have booked my fights I book my car hire or transfer at the same time. No risk of forgetting to do it or having problems if it is a busy time
latest report
@Langerzug, not only that but I’ve booked flights as well.
snow report
hd wrote:
@Mjit
boabski wrote:
not interested in trains

Presumably the o/p doesn't want the perceived hassle associated with lugging ski bags etc from airport to bus to train to bus/taxi.

Ah, forgot that bit by the time I'd read through the other replies.

hd wrote:
With 5 in a taxi the total cost will be not that much more than public transport.

€204 vs €310 is a reasonable bit more. That's about 20min in the Kitzloch after someone said "Let's take it steady tonight" from memory...
snow report
I can offer you a private transfer for € 160 each way. Transfer vehicle is a Mercedes Sprinter with space for 8 people and loads of gear.
For more convincing check out my website www.whitedescents.com
snow report
@whitedescents, thanks anyway but €10 more than what I’ve organised. Might have a better chance of getting business on here if you offer a small discount to snowheads.
ski holidays
@boabski, I´ll happily offer a discount for Snowheads, though I already try to offer the best prices and the best service possible. I think for most people who want to book a private transfer, a small discount won´t make much difference. It´s more important to have a safe, comfortable and reliable transfer.
Thankyou for your point about private transfers making more sense than renting cars. Every season I see many skiers waiting with frustration for a rental car, and then struggling to fit their equipment into it or on to it. There´s also the issue of being unlucky with the weather. Driving to or from a resort in a snow storm can be very daunting if you´re not accustomed to it. Some Hotel´s now charge for car parking too.
ski holidays
Done the train-bus from Landeck to Ischgl for the last two years, its brilliant you can put all your gear in the hold, the buses are like a UK coach, driver helps you at the station
Doing it again this year to Serfaus
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy