Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Touring Socks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for recommendations for thin ski touring socks, the limited stinky type (e.g. Merino wool, Silver thread etc)
Used to wear some thin touring socks with Merino wool - can't remember the make or model of the socks. As the toes amd heels were wearing very thin I replaced them last year with some smartwool PHD's which were significantly thicker and led to foot cramps.

Is there a thin version of the PHD, what about the Falke ST4, any others to consider?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use Falke Energising ski socks, which have a light compression effect. The most import thing for me with ski and touring socks is that the maintain their fit and stay up all day, otherwise you are heading for blisters.

They aren't cheap but they still feel like new after many weeks of use.

https://www.falke.com/uk_en/sk-energizing-wool-men-skiing-knee-high-socks-1623
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are quite big fans of X-Socks Ski Touring Silver socks. Used them for years snd lots of days with no trouble
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got some sale price Salomon compression socks. Really good when combined with taping to keep blisters in check.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Icebreaker socks are good. Range includes thin and thick. Long lasting too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@DB, smartwool do a "ski Pro" ultralight ultralight sock padding on heel and shin, as to Teko both in merino wool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PowderAdict wrote:
I use Falke Energising ski socks, which have a light compression effect. The most import thing for me with ski and touring socks is that the maintain their fit and stay up all day, otherwise you are heading for blisters.

They aren't cheap but they still feel like new after many weeks of use.

https://www.falke.com/uk_en/sk-energizing-wool-men-skiing-knee-high-socks-1623

seconded. I use Falke for years, the quality is top notch. You may cringe when spending 27 quid per pair, but 5 years later you will think it was a good deal. I ski about 30 days a year and most of the Falke pairs I have are 4-5 years old, some older.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can find Falke SK4s for less than £15 if you keep searching for online sales out of season.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarpa wrote:
You can find Falke SK4s for less than £15 if you keep searching for online sales out of season.

Amazon.de have got them in my size for under €22 inc. postage, just ordered a pair.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@DB, nice one Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM wrote:
@DB, smartwool do a "ski Pro" ultralight ultralight sock padding on heel and shin, as to Teko both in merino wool

It’s all about Teko! I swear by them: thin, very comfortable for uphill and downhill, long (stay up over top of calves) and merino.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone for the other reccomendations if I can pick up a pair cheap or I see them in the flesh and think they are thin enough I'll buy a pair to try out. Once I work out which pair works best I'll buy 4 or 5 pairs. The last ski tour I did was 7 hours long (Dachstein crossing) with footcramps Confused - don't want that again.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy