Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transport from Tignes to La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

On one Saturday this season (January), we need to transport 2 people and gear from Tignes to La Tania for a second week's skiing.

Does anyone have any advice/experience of doing/arranging this? Bus, train, bus seems awfully involved, particularly with skis etc.

Any suggestions on taxi, or private transfer out of Tignes that would do this trip?

Thanks! snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Getting a taxy on A Saturday will be tricky as they like going to the airports. I would have thought a bus to Moutiers and then Moutiers to La Tania would be the easiest. You could try an e mail to Coolbus they may be able to add you to a transfer down the hill and then one up if you are not stuck to times. They are about the only private transfer service in the Tarentaise with enough minibuses to match up the 2.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are loads of transfer co's in the valley, and probably a few would be able to do that trip after a drop off in Tignes or for a pick up in La Tania. You might need to wait until nearer the time for people to commit but have a look at some of these -

https://www.up-bus.com/

http://spiralcab.com/

pretty sure both (definitely Spiral Cabs) are based in the valley

http://snow-drone.com/ - think these guys are based in Val, so might well have a drop off in Tignes when you want picking up. Maybe!

I'm in the process of setting up to do transfers this season but am based in La Plagne, happy for you to drop me a message nearer the time and if I'm going that way (or can fit it in) I'll try and help
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skibomb, I've done this from Belle Plagne to Meribel when I was more of a punter than a 'local'. If you're staying with a TO, ask them to organise it, cash in hand, once in resort. Almost everyone has minibuses/vans available. If it's transfer day they'll be busy first thing but quiet by early afternoon. The money "sometimes" goes in the staff beer fund.

If you're not staying with a TO, ask behind seasonnaire bars and put a request on their notice boards. Someone will know some desperate ski bum with a car who will take you for fuel plus beer money*.

*All strictly illegal of course and I couldn't possibly condone such behaviour. wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bus to Bourg, train to Moutiers then bus to La Tania would be 33 euros each with Altibus and SNCF so I'm not sure if a transfer company would be too interested on a Saturday to come close to that. Coolbus would be at least 110 euros per person.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy