Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passo Tonale advice ....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Low to medium intermediates,,,,,,getting older as well so looking for a relaxed , rather than challenging , week.

Looking at the Piste Map , the various runs don't look joined up , but look almost single runs off of each lift ?
Can you ski across, for example, from Sport Vittoria hotel side of town to the Pontedilegnio Gondola ?

Any advice appreciated .... thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jaunty jag, the pistes on the opposite side to the glacier are all side by side so it is possible to cross from one to another. PT is above the tree line so it's essentially open space. Obviously there are a few fenced off areas but plenty of crossing points. I don't recall any challenging runs, even the black down from the glacier is more purple than black...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its all linked. Take a trip over to Madonna di Campiglio whilst your there. Ski down to Ponte di Legno for some great tree lined skiing.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jaunty jag wrote:
Low to medium intermediates,,,,,,getting older as well so looking for a relaxed , rather than challenging , week.

You'll love Tonale.

Maybe not the glacier side or PdL, but it's mostly chilled.

Lots of half board digs, Madonna it ain't, lol .........
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry to hi-jack your post jaunty jag, but I was also looking for some PAsso Tonale advice...

I'm looking for somewhere with very beginner runs, preferably green but easy blue's would be ok too I think. Mrs Biblu only learnt to ski last year in Montgenevre (which is fantastic for beginners btw), and we're looking for somewhere she can slowly build confidence up.

Any Passo Tonale experts know if PT's blues could fit into that (brief) description?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Biblu, Should be fine for a beginner - the main group of pistes are all short, mostly (all?) with chairs, rather than drag lifts. Off to the eastern end is Valbiolo, which is a longer, easy, blue cruise and very enjoyable - with a bit of care when you reach the 'main' area, you should be able to reach most of the other lifts without much trouble. The run down to Ponte di Legno may not be open - we were there fairly late and could only go as far as the mid station.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Biblu, answer is yes, the blues are good cruisey runs, ideal for building up confidence in good conditions BUT there are no trees around the beginners area and the area is quite featureless, so in poor visibility it can be very daunting for novices and difficult to find where the edges of the issues are. In good weather it could be great.
Have you considered Austria? The Ski Juwel area (Auffach, Alpbach, Niederau could suit you and you and Mrs Biblu well.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For me Tonale was a decent resort but not a great choice of runs. I would say the ski area was fairly limited. The hotel we stayed in was great, the Bombardinos were fantastic but out of all the ski holidays w3 have been on it is the resort I would least likely book again.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Very Happy

I had more questions and didn't want to hi-jack this post any more, so started a new post here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=133997
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been to Tonale about 10 times and really like it. The runs at Tonale are great for beginners & the runs at PontediLegno are for more advanced skiers, reds & blacks down through the trees to Temu at 1200m.

If you book direct with the hotel they do lots of freeski weeks with liftpass included. Some weeks you will get a Superskirama pass that enables skiing in Madonna Di Campiglio & other resorts.

Booking with a UK TO does not get you this deal. This was the main reason I went so many times & I still like the resort for a weeks skiing.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been to Tonale about 10 times and really like it. The runs at Tonale are great for beginners & the runs at PontediLegno are for more advanced skiers, reds & blacks down through the trees to Temu at 1200m.

If you book direct with the hotel they do lots of freeski weeks with liftpass included. Some weeks you will get a Superskirama pass that enables skiing in Madonna Di Campiglio & other resorts.

Booking with a UK TO does not get you this deal. This was the main reason I went so many times & I still like the resort for a weeks skiing.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Northerngeezer wrote:

Which hotels? How do you get this? Any links?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone going to Passo Tonale of intermediate level should check out the area of Ponte Di Legno and Temu, it has a a lot more challenge than the runs of Passo Tonale itself.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@luigi, If you google Adamello freeski weeks, it will list the available weeks & if the pass is a Adamello pass or Superskirama pass.
Transfers are available with flyskishuttle from Verona & Bergamo, and are much cheaper than similar transfers to the French resorts. But we usually hire a car.
I've then just rang the hotel direct & then emailed credit card details. The Italians like to have things in writing!
Good hotels I've stayed in are Hotel Paradiso 4*, Hotel Delle Alpi and the Dahu. The Vittoria is also highly recommended but I've not stayed there.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tonale is cool ..... for what it is.

Even made the DM.

Shhhhhh ........
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy