Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All Mountain Ski's wanted for first Full Season 175 - 180cm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

Brand spanking new user to Snow Heads so bare with me.

I am after a set of All Mountain Ski's, i have over 20 weeks experience. I like to think i know what i'm doing.

I'm 5ft 11, so i think between 175-180cm would suit me just fine.

Based in Essex

Thanks,
Al
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads.....cant say i'm able to help, I haven't bought any skis for 2-3 years and only ski Whitedot currently but folk'll be along soon. wink There's a pair of Whitedot One's for sale on here somewhere (I saw a post the other day) which may be of interest?
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're looking for a bigger ski let me know. I have a pair of 194 Black Crow Corvus.

I'm sure you'll get the chance to take them for a spin at somepoint throughout the season!

http://www.ski-review.com/ski_reviews/review/black_crows_corvus_2014/
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi There

I have some Rossignol Soul 7's that would fit the bill. Skied about 8 days on them in total.
Let me know if you are interested and i can send you some pics.

Cheers
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’m selling my Blizzard Brahmas 187cm with Vist Bindings might fit the bill ?

Regards

Dave
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi there

I have some 177 whitedot R108 carbons for sale with Vist 614 bindings, QKd
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Al

I have some Line Supernatural 92 skis for sale. The length is 179cm and they have Marker Squire bindings on them. Year is 2015; they've only been skied for 12 days and are in very very good condition.

If you're interested I can send many photographs across to you.

Thanks

Will
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My advice is to look at a slightly fat allrounder, on the basis you can almost always find skinny piste skis for any boilerplate days, and not always find something wide enough to cope with off piste (and if you do might well be a "premium" ski to hire if required)

On that basis I'd take a look at the Whitedot Preacher or similar skis (not that there are many similar skis) plenty around secondhand if you hang around on here, and great value ski. My experience was that they were better on piste than a lot of piste skis I've used in recent years. You'll need the 189 at your height and experience, and for looking like a badass in the lift queue.

For a season I wouldn't buy new skis, you might as well let somebody else ski 2-3 weeks on a ski that is now 2-3 years old and benefit from them paying RRP for you.

All of this does assume you've got your boots sorted already. If not, forget skis, start working on finding some boots asap.
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=133489&highlight=

I guess you could call these all mountain.
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have some Whitedot R108 Carbons in a 177cm up for grabs

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 1-12-17 16:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IMO

Buy second hand (and there is nothing wrong with twice drilled skis, most of my personal rides are). Plenty of real bargains on snowHeads, as gear freaks trade up to newer and (hopefully) better things, so keep your eyes open. There are some Soul 7s up the page, I was really impressed when I tried them for their price point.

Clearly I'll tell you that Whitedots are the bomb, but I am very far from unbiased.

Happy to look in our ex-demo pile for you, they'll be a good price but definitely not pampered, plus snowHeads tend to get the pick of them at the EOSB before they ever get to the pile.

Buying from a private buyer though might get you a binding set up too, if you're lucky on BSL or re-drill.
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've a pair of Movement Gladiators available

2008 Movement Gladiator, 183cm, 125 - 92 - 113, mounted with VIST 412 bindings. My BSL is 307mm, there's some adjustment in the bindings but not a huge amount
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy