Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

5 day break, not far from geneva ?????where to go????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to book the 2 adults a ski trip in January after palming the kids off again with my parents. Was looking at Flaine, but in all honestly I just can't decide. So as you guys have the best knowledge, maybe you can help me?

Intermediate skiers, I will never ski a black, but can ski reds (I know, I know all slopes are white!)
Hotel, including breakfast (and perhaps evening meal, but not totally necessary) as close to the slopes as possible, but not in the middle of the apre ski night life.
Perhaps some nice restaurants within walking distance
Within easy access of Geneva (90 mins drive), will either drive of get a connection.
Snow sure (although we are going 8th Jan).

I can't find any hotels in flaine - there seems to be a lot of appartments. The more I look the more confused I get.

Hoping you can help. Thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Debra, I don't know Flaine well but I think it is mainly appartments. Must be one or two hotels though?
Think the skiing would suit you and it is very ski in ski out.
I'd consider Megeve - skiing would suit you. Bit more expensive I guess but nice place to wander round and eat out, at least when you are only buying two dinners!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
megeve as suggested could do you well possibly le clusaz or samoens?..... also one small point some blacks are not really blacks i.e. difficult they just call them black so they ca say they have that sort of slope etc...... in espace killy there are some greens which are steeper in places than the blacks.... Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hotel Terminal Neige ( le totem) is in Flaine forum and literally on the snow. You can all but ski right into the boot room!

It's located in the centre of the ski area about 50 mtrs from principle lift. But because of the way Flaine in laid out is not in line for any late night disturbance if you want to avoid that. Probably one of the most convenient places you can stay on the snow.

There art some great places to eat at lunch spread around the GM domain so worth considering if you spend evening is hotel.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Grand Massif is very handy for Geneva. I tried to get a place for a long weekend. We managed it and the resort ticks your boxes, lots of mileage and interest but nothing scary. Flaine is high enough to be snow sure. A lot of the accom up in Flaine seems to be apartments, you may get a hotel that will do bookings less than a week more easily in one of the valleys (we went to Morillon to find an apartment which does anything other than Sat to Sat)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Milk Hotel, Les Carroz. Certainly did a short break for us in Jan a few years ago.
Nice village. Hotel on the piste. Does half board if you want it. Grand massif ski area, but with more charm than Flaine. What's not to like?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So far no plugs for any Swiss resorts. From the airport (Geneva) transfers by train are extremely easy. Les diablerets is a choice, linked into Villar provides a good ski area. Access to glacier 3000 is only a short bus ride from the village.
Gstaad probably has more hotel accommodation than most areas, pricey probably but wonderful pretty skiing on very well prepared quiet pistes! The railway from Genf comes up through Chateau d'oeux, Rougemont and Saanen, all options with hotel accommodation.
Switzerland doesn't get much plugging but the skiing warrants a serious consideration.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So far no plugs for any Swiss resorts. From the airport (Geneva) transfers by train are extremely easy. Les diablerets is a choice, linked into Villar provides a good ski area. Access to glacier 3000 is only a short bus ride from the village.
Gstaad probably has more hotel accommodation than most areas, pricey probably but wonderful pretty skiing on very well prepared quiet pistes! The railway from Genf comes up through Chateau d'oeux, Rougemont and Saanen, all options with hotel accommodation.
Switzerland doesn't get much plugging but the skiing warrants a serious consideration.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CH has the singlular disadvantage of a strong vs a weak currency, not that French prices are that much of an advantage.

Chamonix easy to get to and a range of fun boutique hotels.

And plenty to do at intermediate level, despite reputation...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I second the Les Carroz suggestion. Nice town and good access to the Grand Massif, which has a good snow record.

Megeve is a bit pricey but nice, though not as snow sure as Grand Massif. Access from there to Les Contamines which has good snow and an extensive area of cruiser pistes.

A little further afield and you have the whole Portes du Soleil, by car to French side (Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz) or train to Swiss side (Champery, with one of the best views in the Alps).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
La Rossiere/La Thuille - San Bernardo!!

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 1-12-17 20:58; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megeve or Chamonix
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Morzine seems to fit the bill.

Pick your hotel with care and it will be close to a lift. But there is a good free navette service.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy