Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finding ski buddies this season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I am 19, a strong skier and going out skiing in Europe this season, starting in mid-January and ending around March. I have a couple of weeks of courses booked with guides but have the issue of finding ski buddies to go off piste and tour with, as it will be far too expensive for me to get a guide the whole time.

The plan was to follow the snow staying in lodges to save money- goals being to do La Grave, Alagna, Andermatt and Chamonix. It may be possible to find people to ski with in them, but it is a risk if I either don't or they turn out to be nutters. Does anyone have any ideas on where to find sensible people to ski with? Thought about the CAF and Swiss Alpine Club- but think there could be a language barrier there.

Cheers

Jack

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 1-11-17 23:50; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JackSkier, Post on this thread and you might get some takers for meeting up. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=98245
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You may also want to try this out - https://ropedup.com/ - came across it at the ski show somewhere and seems to be based around trying to find other people wanting to share a guide?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JackSkier, have a look at the snowBuddy - it's for exactly this.

If you know when you'll be somewhere, add your dates in with a comment so other snowHeads know you're about and whether you're looking for ski buddies or drinking buddies or what?

Similarly, check who is in the area once you're there and give them a shout.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh hold on... I didn't realise that's where @geepee's link went too Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers guys, will stick a post up on the snowbuddy site.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy