Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Platform for waxing skis

Poster: A snowHead
Looks good, for indoor snow I use the data wax stuff from Spyderjon, then the dominator zoom for proper snow.

I'd give them a hot scrape with some of the cleaning wax before you go away, then a couple of layers of the Dominator. Warning, it gets quite addictive!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I gave them a good scrape and then used wax remover on them. I'll give them a hot wax scrape, and couple of layers before Arabba. I've used the Data Wax universal for the CF. I've also got some Datawax Hydrocarbon Base protection wax.

I was going to get some Hertel Super Hot Sauce for Arabba. I've also got a Toko express mini rub on/top up one for when I'm out there (Mikem kindly gave it to me). If they take a real battering and slow down too much, I'll drop them into a shop overnight or even for a day. I could hire a pair if needs be. I fancy a go on the Head Supershape Titans. I didn't get to go on them during Oktobertest. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Awdbugga, Nice work, I have to say that's a much more robust piece of kit than I had in mind when you first mentioned it (I was thinking of the wobbly keyboard stands we had at school). Ingenious clamping system too! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 8-12-17 12:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CharlieBaron wrote:
No need for waxing anymore. The new technology is leading to wax-free solutions which are actually quicker! Check out these guys on kickstarter now, they claim over 12 weeks use out of 1 spray:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/juiceinfinity/juice-infinity-the-best-ski-snowboard-wax-replacem?ref=cxd4tv

Theyre are backed by Mike Olsen also!

Call me a sceptical old curmudgeon , but at a guess, I’d say you have a financial stake in this product. rolling eyes you’ve posted the same message on any thread that mentions the word wax.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 8-12-17 12:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds good. Can you get a load of free samples for all the extreme Snowheads, so they can put it through it’s paces and spread the word? Nothing better than the endorsement of a large number of knowledgeable happy customers who all use social media. Maybe you could bring a few boxes to the bashes this year. Just a thought.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 8-12-17 12:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@CharlieBaron, every time Snowheads people ask Juice for scientific proof that Juice actually works, Juice go quiet. Every time Snowheads people ask Juice how their product works, Juice go quiet. And Juice constantly claim the same thing - "Nobody wants to break the trend, everyone is so obsessed with wax they're scared to leave it behind".

This is not the case. Half this forum would be delighted if waxing was a thing of the past. But it's evidently not because if it were then being asked simple questions about the product wouldn't stump Juice half as much as it does.

Juice has been promoted to death on this forum, you're not saying anything new. I looked into it extensively as it seemed like a worthwhile product. But the more I dug into it, and the more questions that I put to the company, the more they just reverted to telling me that all these pros were using it and all the feedback was good. No technical answers.

If you want to get people on board with Juice, come back to the forum and post some cold hard evidence about your claims rather than just resorting to absolute insistence that it's backed by some professional skiers.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 8-12-17 3:06; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No freebies. Shame.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@dp, shall I put the popcorn on?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 8-12-17 12:15; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Call me a cynic, but as a punter I’d have more faith in numerous real reviews from the average skier, than the word of a small number of “high profile” skiers who are getting paid to endorse a product. That’s why so many people (me included) look at reviews of products on places like trust pilot or Amazon before buying, rather than believe some celebrity who’s getting paid, or an ad campaign that makes all sorts of claims. As you said, industry, including marketing, is changing.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 8-12-17 0:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CharlieBaron wrote:
Hi DP! I have only been helping them for the last 3 weeks so I wasn't aware of what has been said in the past. We are in the process of sending out samples to most major press who are testing it more as we speak.

We also have written testimonials from a lot of people, but we will do our best to get these now on camera. Martin Bell (ex British Olympian) is providing us one soon.

Did you read my post at all? My post basically said "stop name dropping as a proof of something working, and post some cold hard facts about your product" and your immediate response was "we've got some testimonials from people, one of whom is famous".

So even if you have only been with the company 3 weeks, you appear to reading off the companies age-old manuscript to the letter.

Quote:
Its hard to show you unless you try it yourself, but I can assure you we wouldn't be in this position if it didn't work!!

'this position'... what position? Desperately singing your own praises on an internet forum? Because that's not normally a sign of great success.

Awdbugga wrote:

Only if you're the kind of guy who'd take popcorn to watch a car crash in slow motion... Shocked

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 8-12-17 3:10; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 8-12-17 12:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
dp wrote:

Awdbugga wrote:

Only if you're the kind of guy who'd take popcorn to watch a car crash in slow motion... Shocked

I’ve seen you with a head of steam. Not only will I get the popcorn, I’ll pour myself a large one. This should be fun. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
DP

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 8-12-17 1:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@CharlieBaron, being dishonest and misleading snowheads is entertaining for you?

Did you get your PR training from Donald Trump's team?
latest report

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 8-12-17 12:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
CharlieBaron wrote:

I apologize for miss-wording my opening statement - you have provided a great smokescreen to what is an interesting topic!

It was an interesting topic about somebody's self-built waxing bench until you crayoned it with your attempt to sell something which you're now trying to cover up as an 'interesting topic'.
(Just like the interesting thread about wax speed data that you also crayoned for marketing purposes).

Don't go making this about me. You came here and joined this forum with one intent only and that intent was to try and sell your product, and you chose to do so by "miss-wording (sic) your opening statement" to try and deceive people into thinking you were an independent advocate of a product you found interesting. Until you changed your tune when somebody pointed out that your username had a striking resemblance to the marketing guy on the company's website.

I offered you some advice on how to respectfully partake in the snowheads community and you chose to completely ignore it and instead try to make me look the bad guy for objecting to your brazen attempts to sell stuff. Hence your belief that "Any PR is good PR" is not true because the PR you've drummed up for Juice is that you sell products by telling porkies (which to be fair is what everyone thought about Juice anyway) and getting shirty with the people who challenge it (which to be fair is what everyone thought about Juice anyway).

So on the whole I would say you are not having a dazzling success and a change in tact might be beneficial.
snow report
CharlieBaron wrote:
I think he would say any PR is good PR.

Not on social media my friend, not on social media. No news spreads like bad news, even before social media, ask Gerald Ratner. rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy