Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowcoach alternative

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I've been using snowcoach for a few years now and never had any issues.

Real budget skiing, no frills and I'm happy with that.

However there are rumours that hey are getting rid of the valmeiner resort. I'm not a fan of their St Gevais hotel.

Do you know any other company that offers the same things in one package?
Eg.
Coach/flights
Hotel room
Breakfast and dinner
Ski & Boot hire
Lift pass.

I got all the above for 8 days skiing for £720 ( with group discounts and discounts for the minor complaints we had from the previous year)

I'm looking for something with a similar price

Many thanks all.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I go at the end of the season btw
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skiweekends - not used them personally
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could try SnowExpress.co.uk who appear to have a tie-up with Action-outdoors.co.uk/UCPA to offer a similar deal.
(Also not used either).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is a real pity that Snowcoach have contracted so much over the years. I will be going with them again this year. As the OP points out they are such value for money. For me, they have hit the nail exactly on the head as to what I want from a ski firm especially with the 8 days skiing. Many people baulk at travelling overnight on a coach but I find it far preferable to flying. Park up at Watford. Throw baggage and kit onto the coach. plug in earphones, snooze, read, watch the video, arrive at Valmenier or St. Gervais early next morning and on a good traffic day have breakfast and onto the snow by 10am! Ski all the next Saturday before travelling overnight back to arrive at Watford noon Sunday. So, - so easy!

I have had to go solo for the last few years as my dates don't line up with my kids and their families, and this is where Snowcoach score again in that the dining is communal on big tables so it is easy to meet others. Also there is guided skiing in a group.

Nobody else seems to have cottoned on to this and Snowcoach, not only being cheap and cheerful, but occupy a niche that nobody else does. Hence the OPs post, I think. Like the OP I am worried what will happen to Snowcoach in the near future and I would encourage tour operators to have a close look at what they do.

One of my sons and his family have used Skiweekend and are very happy with them. They are very similar to Snowcoach, but they don't have ski guiding or communal dinning tables to enable meeting up easily with others. I'm thinking of trying them to return to Les Trois Vallee this year as well as with Snowcoach.

Like the OP I prefer Valmenier to St. Gervais. I have been to St. Gervais several times, some years ago so I don't know what it is like today. I like the door to door skiing at Valmenier whilst at St. Gervais you have to be bussed to the pistes. However, I think I preferred the wider range of skiing at St. Gervais.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for the above!

I'm going to be going to Valmin again next week with snowcoach

However i found another company called Hucksters! They are very similar to snowcoach in terms of what you get, the only difference is there is no dinner on Wednesdays.
They have hotels in Les Arcs, Tinges and one other. Funnily enough the coach picks up from dover at the same time as snow coach.

I went to les arcs at the end of jan and had a blast.

Would recommend
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used Ski Meribel (but only for the transport bit) last year to see how I got on with the coach as an alternative to overnight trains. I chose them over others like Snow Coach as they seem to have coaches that are better equipped for actually getting some sleep. They do also offer packages including accommodation, but I can't comment on that side of things.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Toliver182, You could look at http://www.hucksterslodge.com/budget-ski-holidays/ Their accommodation at Vallandry is perfectly located. We did not take the coach as we chose self drive but a party arrived that way just as we were leaving, the accommodation is a bit tired, the food was basic, but the staff were super friendly/helpful, and again the location was perfect!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does Hucksters provide ski guiding and communal dinning tables to help with meeting others?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is a firm that does ski trips by coach to north east Italy - Interski
they are based near where I live and seem to offer decent value
Each year we have the usual conversation about the total travel time door to door as well as convenience etc but as I dont sleep on trains, cars or coaches or lanes, short flights seems to win out at the moment but with increasing transfer costs from airport to resort, next year that may change
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy