Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2017/2018: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires, La Tania, St Martin

Poster: A snowHead
Agree -but they are pretty accurate on the day so can plan the day and driving better.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
20cms of fresh down in Bozel this morning and still snowing lightly...

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yippee!!!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Long may it last! Enjoy Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A great first day of the season in Meribel, with plenty of powder and few people on the slopes. There was even a blue sky and sun in the afternoon. There weren't anything like as many lifts open as originally advertised, with the inter valley links (Saulire, Pas Du Lac and Tougnette) only open to their mid stations. Another 20 cm of snow fell overnight but it was pretty wet. Only Saulire 1 was open first thing, with Tougnette 1 opening mid morning. Unfortunately, some slopes are now very sticky. Saulire has just been closed due to high wind. More snow is forecast tonight, however with a rain/snow limit of over 2000 m.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Meribel Mottaret
Waiting for the first lift of the season to open.
Meribel-Mottaret 9.30 am, 9 Dec 2017.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cold and crunchy snow last night with nice fresh snow on piste first thing but slowly gave way to warmer temps and sticky snow into meribel and sleet and rain in the Chaudanne, snow limit about 1600 M this afternoon with all the lifts shut above mid station. Fun skiing though !!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anybody know what the road up to Les Allues is like at the moment?
Need to be there by 9am on Monday morning.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
was okay yesterday and tonight from Les allues to mottaret fine. rain washed off the ice...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lift pass question: saw on website you can 'telecharge' your pass but it kept crashing as I was trying to get more info - any advice- is it smartphone app or recharging a card? TIA
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Really nothing open today other than granges in mottaret due to vent fort. Still the snow was very nice, quite grippy which made for good drill potential. Hopefully more will open tomorrow
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CourchGal wrote:
Lift pass question: saw on website you can 'telecharge' your pass but it kept crashing as I was trying to get more info - any advice- is it smartphone app or recharging a card? TIA

There is a an app (for resort info) and a lift pass card - which can be recharged.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@skimottaret, Thanks, the road was pretty clear this morning although a little bit of black ice in places, especially towards the bottom near Brides Les Bains.
The police were stopping people on the road up to Courchevel this morning (at the roundabout near the petrol station and water treatment plant on the road from Bozel). I'd heard there was black ice somewhere on that road this morning but it was fine when we came back that way this afternoon.
Tomorrows journey should be interesting with the fresh snow that has fallen tonight.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What a difference a day makes! Yesterday was wet and windy, with only the Coombes chairlift open in the whole of the Meribel valley. However, temperatures plummeted last night, which resulted in fresh powder and superb conditions this morning. Tougnette 2 has just opened, for the first time, with Pas du Lac 2 and Souliere 2 scheduled to open this afternoon. The avalanche risk is currently 4/5.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mike S wrote:
The avalanche risk is currently 4/5.

Educate me please...

I'm a late starter with dodgy knees, so am piste-bound by choice. Am I REALLY threatened by avalanche in the 3V? Boulevard de la Loze springs to mind, but I can't picture ant other piste with a big off piste right above. Not that I've been everywhere in the area, of course. Cheers.

CG
snow conditions
If there is an avalanche risk on Boulevard de la Loze they will close it. Happens quite frequently, forcing people down (the quite steep and narrow in places) Pic Bleu. You are very very unlikely to get involved with an avalanche on an open piste.
snow report
Side of saulire too but they'll shut that and make it safe, basically look around if you see a Gazex near then assume it could be an area where avalanches might be possible

http://www.latania.co.uk/other/Gazex/gazex.htm

They will shut areas off whilst made safe though, so whilst unlikely it has been known to happen
ski holidays
Thanks both, for taking the time. @ecureuil, I was aware of the Bvd d l Loze closures, and I have been suckered down the Pic Bleu because of them! Blimey- a blue? Been on much easier reds!

CG
snow report
I like pic bleu 😀but it often seems to be closed.
snow report
Tetras?
latest report
Speaking of making saulire safe, here's a video from yesterday on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/raphael.bianchini.1?hc_ref=ARR3J2KflYjDZciS4JxxFkIN4j_GtBPpWxVHqvmatJDTYm3EoJBhofzyYq3T97QI1d0&fref=nf&pnref=story
ski holidays
@snowretreat posted this on Facebook this morning from La Tania. Looking good!

https://www.facebook.com/SnowRetreat/posts/914063852079081

ski holidays
Infinitely better than previous few years Smile
snow conditions
Top conditions around today - the rain-crust that was lurking 10cms down yesterday seemed to have dissappeared, sun stayed out for longer than forecast and the pistes and what off piste was reasonably do-able were in great shape!
Bonus of the day was that Bouc Blanc and Foret chairs were open giving access to/from the upper 2/3rds of La Tania which was good.
ski holidays
Hi, we're heading to Les Menuires this coming Saturday-does anyone out there know how much of the resort is likely to be open for us?
Cheers.
snow conditions
@snowhound, I guess most of it - typically in week 1 only the major lifts/runs are open, but come week 2 (the week you are out) then I'd imagine most would be open. This week Jerusalem and the St. Martin Express lift (to the ridge above st. Martin/Meribel) was closed but they were 'testing it' today, so I'd be confident it will open this weekend. with the snow that's fallen and is forecast for the next couple of days then there's more than enough to get everything open - enjoy.
snow report
@snowhound, I guess most of it - typically in week 1 only the major lifts/runs are open, but come week 2 (the week you are out) then I'd imagine most would be open. This week Jerusalem and the St. Martin Express lift (to the ridge above st. Martin/Meribel) was closed but they were 'testing it' today, so I'd be confident it will open this weekend. with the snow that's fallen and is forecast for the next couple of days then there's more than enough to get everything open - enjoy.
snow conditions
offpisteskiing wrote:
Top conditions around today - the rain-crust that was lurking 10cms down yesterday seemed to have dissappeared, sun stayed out for longer than forecast and the pistes and what off piste was reasonably do-able were in great shape!
Bonus of the day was that Bouc Blanc and Foret chairs were open giving access to/from the upper 2/3rds of La Tania which was good.

Tougnette 2 was open and with much greater visibility (this morning) than Tuesday so a couple of laps of Faon was the morning order. Come 10:30 or so then Saulire 2 was opened, so post coffee we popped the ridge and into Courchevel valley. Cracking sunshine and lovely grippy snow made creux a delight, and whilst it was a 'bit' busy, there was still lots of fun to be had. Lower runs into 1800 also good, and then runs back into Meribel (blue/red) also very enjoyable. The only run where the snow was a bit rubbish was marmotte which was pretty hard and icy at the end of the day

still a good days skiing and all the better for bumping into Dadmin in the forum in C1800.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Today, 25% of the lifts in Les Menuires were open.
latest report
My god biancogelb; a non negative.............
latest report
It's fair to say, it has been a good day...

http://youtube.com/v/9FdOTBE6UF4

The vid is from just below the top Funitel Peclet Station in Val Tho. You can see the Glacier chair in the background.

Decent amounts of fresh, all over the 3Valleys this morning.
In Courchevel, we skied Les Suises (twice) as it hadn't been pisted - IMHO it's one of the best pistes in Courchevel and to ski it in boot deep powder was more than a little epic!

Got fresh tracks in, in Les Menuires, Val Thorens, Mottaret and Courchevel today snowHead
Not all lifts are running but those that are present zero queuing and serve mostly empty pistes.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 14-12-17 0:08; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Nice vid - 3Vs here we come on Friday eve - can't wait Very Happy
snow report
Cams showing more snow overnight snowHead
snow conditions
20 cm at the top and still snowing Very Happy
snow conditions
Another 10cms down in Bozel this morning - off skis today but should be rather good for anyone up the hill as it is forecast to clear during the day for a spell.
Yesterday Combe de Saulire opened and was in rather fine condition - good to have a little nosy at the big crown walls - wouldn't recommend cutting into the little off piste bit between the first 2 piste entries to Combe as there was no snow lleft prior to this latest fall!
Should be great this weekend once a few more lifts open up.
snow report
@offpisteskiing, thanks for the update. I hope to be down your way next week some time. Webcams look good!
Very Happy
ski holidays
Skis and gear all packed, good to hear there's yet more snow falling.

5 hrs of webcam watching today to get me in the mood before heading to LHR Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Fabulous skiing conditions today.
http://youtube.com/v/M6QHXiTT9tQ
latest report
Fabulous is the only word for today. Lots of soft fluffy stuff all over the place and due to lack of crowds took a while to get tracked. Well up in one of those 'top ten' days.
ski holidays
still snowing lightly in Les Allues (1100m) as we set off for GVA
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy