Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shops for Shell Ski Jacket

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommend for a shop with a wide range of shell jackets - men and womens? Buying off the www is a bit hit and miss - mostly miss!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gaynorsports
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is always worth keeping an eye on TK Maxx online when their stock comes in....and if it doesn't fit, you can return it to any of their shops.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I find go outdoors useful in that they (at least my local one anyways) have a wide range from cheap to expensive - handy for working out where that point of diminishing returns is.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@colinstone, There is a Cotswold Outdoors in Bicester, or Snow and Rock stores near the M25.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I know www is not what you want but Absolute snow were good for my wife, she bought 5 jackets and just returned 4. They were good and it was easy to do.

Admittedly she wasn’t looking at shells but if they have them then that works. Personally I’ve bought both mine off eBay but sold one back just as easy.

Shop wise in my region are probably too far for you but snow and rock in Hemel are good and skiplus in Chelmsford have loads of jackets although don’t remember seeing many shells.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@colinstone, you are likely to get a better choice buying online. Sport Pursuit are good if you check back regularly and aren’t in a rush. My Sweet Protection shell trousers were bought there.

I was looking to buy a shell (women’s) last season, and the choice is pretty appalling in the UK. Neither Snow and Rock nor Cotswolds in Leeds had a single ski shell in stock. I bought my Mountain Equipment shell from Gear for Girls, but sadly they are no more since this summer. ME do sell direct though.

Lakes shops might be better, but a bit of a trek from Oxford. Is there nothing at the Biscester outlet?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scarlet I think Bicester outlet village is all fashion labels nowadays. Helly and what not moved out a while ago. I think TNF is all that's left and focusing on their extreme commuters!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Absolute Snow do have a (albeit small) store in Hemel (behind Lidl) It's attached to their warehouse so you can go there and try on stuff though you do have to then buy through the website as thats how they transact cash there. I've been there a few times for boots, and wife tried on and bought a jacket there too.

Worth the trip IMV.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was in the S&R at Hemel last week and there were no shell jackets; everything was insulated.

EB (MK, Cambridge..) have in the past had more choice for shells but tends to vary store to store.

Nick
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not sure if the big chains have got all the new season ski stuff in yet?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you in Oxford, I would probably go for a day in London, can start in Hillingdon at Ski Bartlett who probably have a few and then head east, ending up in Covent Garden for S+R, EB, Cotswold, Blacks and probably others. Other places dotted en route if needed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy