Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland Snow Reports 2017 / 2018

Poster: A snowHead
@Peter S, did they open Glas Maol today?? Website didn’t say they did!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski wrote:
Right I’m in the travel lodge Perth, heading for Glenshee in the morning. Happy to ski with others if they are around? I’ll be in blue trousers and helmet and black jacket. Either on white dot r98s or green volkl piste skis if it’s all hard pack!! I’ve not packed my skins or avi gear.

Anyone else heading up?

Yep, aiming for 8.30 will look out for you 👍
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll be working just north of Perth for the next couple of days & am planning on skiing on Thursday if you decide to hang around.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

This was the bowl of snow I was talking about on Ben Ledi, below the drop off zone. (see picture on previous page) I cannot see any exit which would not involve scaling deep ridges of snow and packed ice. Maybe if I had a parachute, or if I dropped in with sufficient rope so that I could pull myself back up?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kitenski, apologies, EE have zero coverage in glenshee, so couldnt make contact - hope you had a good day.

Some of my pics - lovely day !

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
So jealous folks. Looked amazing today.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@nelly0168, yes had a cracking day, perhaps even the best snow I've ever experienced in Scotland. Mostly Alpine snow all day long!

Took the White Dots out in the morning and just did laps in the off piste bowl off around Meall Odhar, all cut up but still some soft bits and the occasional chance for a few turns in untouched snow.

Early lunch at 11:30 and swopped onto my piste skis and headed up the other side, didn't ski long over there tbh. Shame Tigerwas shut. Did a lap of every open piste then headed back for a few more runs Sunnyside and all the open lifts.

Was getting a bit samey by 2pm so stopped for a coffee @ Meall Odhar and noticed the queue was a lot bigger, headed up to find Coire Fionn was now open. did a really icy traverse as high as possible, crossing the Glas Maol poma and found perfect fresh snow!! Did this 4 times, this pic taken about 15:50 and still loads of lines available!

A few others had the same idea!

They had pisted the Glas Maol poma track and also the immediate run down beside it with lots of activity so I'd guess this would open tomorrow??

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Glas Maol won't be open tomorrow as it's had metalwork bent with the weight of ice. Spoke to Ski Patrol today and they reckoned some of the ice on the line and the towers was up to a foot thick!! Did a couple of laps of it on the Splitboard today, and plenty of Tourers up and people hiking up Centre Gully on Glas Maol. By the time the guys get the lift open again it'll all be tracked out anyway Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Backcountryboarder, cheers, that'll explain the whacking sounds then!! Which way did you skin up out of interest?? Wish I'd packed my skins!! Although lapping half way took about 20mins so not bad for zero uphill walking!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skinned from the bottom of the Coire Fionn lifts straight up Centre Gully to the end of the snow fences on the ridge. Lots of people with the same idea.

Glad you had a good day. It's always good to see people taking a chance on a trip up and getting some great conditions by way of a pay off.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Back home this evening after a few fabulous days at Glenshee. Sunday very variable. Yesterday was great, sunny all day albeit with a light breeze. Could only ski the morning today due to long drive home to Yorkshire but epic conditions, bright sunshine and not a breath of wind. Lots of happy people at Glenshee this morning. Thank you Scotland. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glenshee have posted a vid on their facebook, conditions look fabulous https://www.facebook.com/GlensheeSkiCentre/videos/1406605809443603/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
KKool wrote:
Glenshee have posted a vid on their facebook, conditions look fabulous https://www.facebook.com/GlensheeSkiCentre/videos/1406605809443603/

Good vid.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nevis Coire Dubh fantastic this afternoon. Spent 3 hours lapping the Braveheat. New line every time. 9 in the bowl momentarily, average 5 or 6, nearly an hour with just the 2 of us Stunning
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looking good for Easter and beyond. More new snow and probably quite wintry on the hills this week. Looks like Glenshee could do quite well and as long as the new snow is visible from the central belt, there is likely to be some demand to ski it.
Just need to keep the wind down.
ski holidays
Just driven back after a great day at Glencoe, nice sunny day with no wind, and only a couple of hundred of people so absolutely no queuing, body is worn out now though, so lazy day planned for tomorrow.
snow report
How did the Scotch resorts get on with their fancy new snowguns this season?
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
How did the Scotch resorts get on with their fancy new snowguns this season?

In the Scottish resorts, due to the good weather conditions, artificial snowmaking now seems a bit of a moot point.

Looked quite good early on at glencoe from what I saw, might have been of more use in last year's season.
snow report
As far as I could tell in Glencoe there was an enormous mound of snow at the bottem of access run near the car park where it is usually very icy and bare at the beginning of the season. The intention was to move the snow factory up to the beginners area when the road up there had been built. That had not occurred this season but is likely to be there next season if the snow factory was a success, and so its use was limited but probably educational.

As @nelly0168, says too much snow this season compared to previous years to judge its worth.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/anomacts
snow report
Anyone been at Aviemore recently? Should be up there for a couple of days next week and planning to take the skis with us.
ski holidays
@boabski, Haven't been up myself but understand it is still very good with more snow forecast, my OH had three great days last week skiing all over the mountain and will be up again tomorrow and Friday, the snow can be hard in the morning but softening up. There is a very tall man called Graeme who was an ambassador when they had them and is always willing to show people about the area and share where the best snow is, worth keeping an eye out for him.
latest report
@boabski, best posting here IMHO http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?2,173915,page=13 where Windymiller the ambassador is a regular.
snow report
Fantastic cover across all the Scottish Centres and it looks like winter will return next week. Long days and quiet lifts the best may still be to come this year Laughing

http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/glencoe/

528cms of snow in the main basin at Glencoe as measured on the 24th March Cool

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 29-03-18 12:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Thanks folks. Definitely taking the ski gear then. The dog will need to squeeze in Toofy Grin
snow conditions
https://www.facebook.com/bbcscotlandnews/videos/1905906292766913/

Sounds like Glenshee is having a good season Cool
snow report
We're off to Aviemore in two weeks. I was planning on taking the golf clubs but the way things are going I might take some skis instead. Nah! That'll be mid April!
ski holidays
esaw1 wrote:
We're off to Aviemore in two weeks. I was planning on taking the golf clubs but the way things are going I might take some skis instead. Nah! That'll be mid April!

I'd pack them, I've skied mid May in Aviemore before....
snow conditions
Aviemore in first week of June! 1989
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Golf clubs ?
It’s the ski season for at least the next month! April is often the best time to ski in Scotland and frequently the alps too Cool
snow report
Skis it will be then. Already had a few weeks in Italy. This will be a definite bonus especially as I did my first full season in Aviemore way back in the seventies 😎
snow report
esaw1 , The seventies! In Aviemore it's still the seventies. I saw a man in trench boots,wooden skiis,stumble out of the Morlich forest asking if the great war had ended.
snow report
Van loading today and roll up to Glencoe tonight for tomorrow, will stay there tomorrow night as well and then Nevis range Monday weather permitting. Tipping down hail in Edinburgh.
ski holidays
Decided to head north again tonight, probably Glencoe car park for another nights sleep, but conditions look too good to miss out on.
snow report
orange wrote:
Van loading today and roll up to Glencoe tonight for tomorrow, will stay there tomorrow night as well and then Nevis range Monday weather permitting. Tipping down hail in Edinburgh.

It has just started snowing in Edinburgh 😳
ski holidays
Glencoe aiming to close for the season on 7th May Very Happy
ski holidays
Bang goes my plans to get the garden landscaped over spring, then!
Presume Nevis and/or Cairngorm could keep going even later?
snow report
Time to dig out the Rock Hoppers 😎
snow report
Parked up at Glencoe, 5 year old wrestled into bed, cold beer open, heating on. Beauchaille looking lovely, skies cleared, shaping up for a good Easter Sunday!
ski holidays
I am wondering if we could have June skiing again @Grizzler,
snow report
Awesome day at glencoe today, absolute bluebird, fantastic snow-some chalk, some spring, some firm- but loads of it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy