Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort close to Lyon airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I am flying to Lyon mid March on a Friday and hiring a car. Skiing Alpe d Huez Saturday. Hoping to get a few hours Friday afternoon, obviously the closer to the airport the more I will get done. Has anybody any suggestions of resorts on the way? Or shall I just bash on for Alpe d huez?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Correncon and Villard de Lans in the Vercors are possibly the ones which are most directly on your route. On the outskirts of Grenoble on the airport side. It's a relatively low area though (1000m to 2000m) and not in the high Alps, so no guarantees. They've suffered over the past 2 winters but we've had a few great holidays skiing there when the kids were younger.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chamrousse is just the other side of Grenoble and Alpe de Grande Serre too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am liking the look of Chamrousse. Might give that a bash. Have you skied there? I enjoy challenging pistes, steeps and moguls add to the appeal.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@craigjbarker, I haven't. It's the resort the Grenoblois use a lot.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chamrousse was really good fun to ski and easy to get too. I did not go off piste as I am not that good yet, but looks like it was well catered for when we were at the resort two years ago and plenty of people doing it if your interested in that. On speaking to a few people at the resort the harder Runs are suppose to be very good as well. We just did not find much else their to do which is why we have tried other resorts
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy