Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Loqski - ski lock

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used this make of ski lock? Looks solidly built and should act as more of a deterant than the thin wire ones.

https://www.loqski.com/

http://youtube.com/v/0CqP1cKzXpU
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As most people do not lock their skis any lock is a deterrent, easier picking to be had and at £39.99 it's a bit rich. I, when needed, use a safeman wheel lock, cost about a tenner and works well enough. I'm sure any determined thief with cutters would make short change of it but it stops the drunk after a few too many at lunch staggering off with yours. That said from the vid it looks a well thought out bit of kit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes we have 3 between us. Works very well. As you say a decent deterrent. Once you get the hang of it it's quick and simple to use. We daisy chained together and locked to a fixed object.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If its theft you're worried about just find a better pair of unsecured skis to put yours next to.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have some decent skis with touring bindings so just take a bike lock with a 8mm cable, that would take a bit of cutting through.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Awdbugga, Of course if you're skiing with a group of snowheads one thing you can do when you stop at lunch stops etc is to split your skis with other people's so that each pair of skis that the group leaves outside is a non-matching pair and they are distributed amongst all the other sets of skis - a thief is less likely to want to spend time sorting through umpteen other skis to find the matching ski. snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Alastair Pink, I like it, good thinking. As you know, it’s all new to me. Whilst mine aren’t expensive skis, they are new. I’d be gutted if some toe rag had them away.

@Scarpa, I was going look at bike locks as well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy